MERGED: OT- Best Movie Soundtrack

:thumb::toast::thumb: :clap:

Congrats to a proud dad :thumb:

On a much lesser note my son turned around his 2nd marking period D's and F's to A's and B's for the third and fourth marking period allowing him to finish Jr. High with B's
:)

That's an impressive turn around :thumb: :clap:

:thumb::toast::thumb: :clap:

Congrats to a proud dad :thumb:

On a much lesser note my son turned around his 2nd marking period D's and F's to A's and B's for the third and fourth marking period allowing him to finish Jr. High with B's
:)

Doesn't that piss you off though? My oldest just finished his freshman year and had to pull a miracle to pass everything. All A's. I'm proud of him but it drives me batshit. Why couldn't you do it all year?????:banghead::banghead:

theshowsoundtrack.jpg

I think there should be 2 groups: one for soundtracks and one for movie scores.

So in that vein here are my top 3 in each category:
Soundtracks:

1) Saturday Night Fever (it's the #3 selling album in history for a reason)
2) Forrest Gump
3) Cocktail (I hate the movie, but there were a lot of big hits on that one)

Scores:
1) Raiders of the Lost Ark Trilogy
2) Star Wars Original Trilogy
3) The Natural

Wow... tough to choose. Fever Pitch was a great movie and soundtrack. I also enjoyed the soundtrack from the Wedding Singer.

It's a tricky question because a lot of soundtracks are simply a collection of songs that had already existed, so I can't really count those. For example, there's a lot of great music on the Forrest Gump soundtrack, but it's mostly music that had already existed (and was not composed for the film itself).

So since I only include original scores, I submit the following list (you'll note John Williams had a hand in several of these):

- Star Wars Episode 4
- Star Wars Episode 5 ("Imperial March" could be the single most widely played and recognized instrumental film score of all time)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (Not only the main "Indiana Jones" theme, but the music played in scenes with the Ark is fantastic)
- Jaws
- Braveheart
- The Wizard of Oz (not exactly my taste in music, but ya gotta recognize greatness where it exists)

and yes...

- Titanic (I don't really like the Celine Dion song, but the rest of the music from the film is very, very good)

I didn't read the whole thread, but any love for "Last of the Mohicans"? My favorite soundtrack of all time.

Indeed. The song where they're running up the mountain to save the girl (the one that was bastardized by LdT's commercial was terrific. My wife actually picked one of the instrumentals from it to be the song she walked down the isle to at our wedding.

It's a tricky question because a lot of soundtracks are simply a collection of songs that had already existed, so I can't really count those. For example, there's a lot of great music on the Forrest Gump soundtrack, but it's mostly music that had already existed (and was not composed for the film itself).

So since I only include original scores, I submit the following list (you'll note John Williams had a hand in several of these):

- Star Wars Episode 4
- Star Wars Episode 5 ("Imperial March" could be the single most widely played and recognized instrumental film score of all time)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (Not only the main "Indiana Jones" theme, but the music played in scenes with the Ark is fantastic)
- Jaws
- Braveheart
- The Wizard of Oz (not exactly my taste in music, but ya gotta recognize greatness where it exists)

and yes...

- Titanic (I don't really like the Celine Dion song, but the rest of the music from the film is very, very good)

John Williams is awesome. I agree with you that he has composed the most recognizable scores of all time. Star Wars, E.T., Superman and the list goes on.

I like the soundtracks to almost any Danny Boyle film. I also found the soundtrack for the movie "Heat" to be absolutely spectacular.

Back