MERGED: Pollard - Illegal, Dirty?

this does look sorta dirty to me

If it was a clean hit we wouldn’t be talking about any of this. Pollard is a POS and I hope he has diarrhea every game day on the field

It's hilarious that most the "it's dirty" members are of the female persuasion. There are 3 factors in play here:
1. Tom is very pretty.
2. Girls don't play football so they don't understand the dynamics involved in fighting through a block to make something happen.
3. You can't tell women anything once their minds are made up.

Heh. Absolutely hysterical.

It's hilarious that most the "it's dirty" members are of the female persuasion. There are 3 factors in play here:
1. Tom is very pretty.
2. Girls don't play football so they don't understand the dynamics involved in fighting through a block to make something happen.
3. You can't tell women anything once their minds are made up.

Heh. Absolutely hysterical.

1- Tom is not attractive to me , don't like clef chin sorry:)
2- we have a semi professional female league in this area and a few other areas
3- ok you got this one right

:)

2- we have a semi professional female league in this area and a few other areas

Are you or any of the other ladies members of that any of those teams? Or have you ever been members of any football team? Have you ever been blocked trying to get to a ball carrier?

I understand there are actually female football teams but roughly .00001% of the female population are involved so I still feel pretty good about #2.

Are you or any of the other ladies members of that any of those teams? Or have you ever been members of any football team? Have you ever been blocked trying to get to a ball carrier?

I understand there are actually female football teams but roughly .00001% of the female population are involved so I still feel pretty good about #2.

actually there is a female member here who is on a female football team so feel free to ask her Paz is her name

granted its small league stuff and few get attention but heck its a start :)

your entitle to your opinion as always :)

Does anybody have Culpepper's cell phone number?

:Eason:

No way. I'd rather have the QB now that understands the offense and can actually read a defense. Culpepper loses big time here. Not interested in Simms either. If he couldn't win A job over Griese, that's monumental right there. The guy hasn't even seen action since 2006, and neither of these 2 guys will be able to come in here and learn not only the offense, but be able to execute that particular game plan in a 1 week span.

The Patriots are basically Cassel or BUST. I am willing to be patient to see how it plays out as I believe this team is still good enough to compete on a week to week basis. There's no QB out there right now, aside from maybe Drew Bledsoe, that understands this offense better than Matt Cassel. It is what it is at this point.

actually there is a female member here who is on a female football team so feel free to ask her Paz is her name

Well, hers is an opinion I would value. I'm guessing if she's played football, she'll not have a problem with the hit on Brady.

I can definitely see how fans would be in an uproar over it. People are passionate about their teams and they need scapegoats. But anybody who has played understands this play. This much I will guarantee.

Well, her's is an opinion I would value. I'm guessing if she's played football, she'll not have a problem with the hit on Brady.

I can definitely see how fans would be in an uproar over it. People are passionate about their teams and they need scapegoats. But anybody who has played understands this play. This much I will guarantee.

I am of the mindset since I don't know all rules of the NFL is this now, regardless the end is still the same, TB is out

I have heard what people have said on both sides and just not sure what to think so will say that, people can say what they want about me not being sure or not knowing but its honest:shrug:

I am of the mindset since I don't know all rules of the NFL is this now, regardless the end is still the same, TB is out

I have heard what people have said on both sides and just not sure what to think so will say that, people can say what they want about me not being sure or not knowing but its honest:shrug:

I appreciate your honesty. I'd never get that from a man. That little ego problem gets in the way.

I've enjoyed the discussion in any case.

So tell me if I am not getting this right:

Morris takes a flying leap and blocks Polianard ;) who winds up on the ground (but still on his knees) w/ Morris somewhat on top of him. Brady starts to throw at which point, Poliard, like a striking, sneaky snake lunges forward from UNDERNEATH Morris towards Brady in a Superman-like pose (both arms straight out and extended) -- clearly on a crash course to Brady. It appears that his helmet went right into Brady's knee -- spearing him dead on. How is this possibly legal and how is this possibly not dirty? Seriously, he did not "fall" into Brady. Polianard was blocked and down then pushed forward towards Brady on his own, with Morris on top of him and sliding off as he lunged forward? This guy is a grade-A asshole and Badell is a douche for covering it up. :cuss:

Morris takes a flying leap and blocks Polianard ;) who winds up on the ground (but still on his knees) w/ Morris somewhat on top of him. Brady starts to throw at which point, Poliard, like a striking, sneaky snake lunges forward from UNDERNEATH Morris towards Brady in a Superman-like pose (both arms straight out and extended) -- clearly on a crash course to Brady. It appears that his helmet went right into Brady's knee -- spearing him dead on. How is this possibly legal and how is this possibly not dirty? Seriously, he did not "fall" into Brady. Polianard was blocked and down then pushed forward towards Brady on his own, with Morris on top of him and sliding off as he lunged forward? This guy is a grade-A asshole and Badell is a douche for covering it up. :cuss:

Okay no.

Watch from the beginning, when you can just start to see Pollard and Morris coming in the picture. Morris is on top of Pollard (holding), then grabs Pollards face mask (personal foul) twisting his head to the side. Pollard then lunges forward while Morris pushes on him on his back, taking into mind, that at the same time Brady is stepping forward into the tackle to make a pass. You can actually see when Morris lets go of the face mask Pollard had already made his lunge. Everything happening at the same time contributed to this. Yes it came in below the waist, VERY unfortunate.

I am very impressed with how a lot of the fans here have responded, as we talk with some of your members on CP, and they are great FB fans.

It has been said already by other Chiefs fans, but when Trent got hit everyone was pissed and wanted penalties and suspension. I was one of them, but after some time I looked at it quite a bit different.

Hope Cassle does a good job for you all. I will warn you though. Our Chiefs seem to have a knack at making just about anyone either set new NFL records or look like a pro bowler, week in and week out.............which in turn is probably why I drink so much :blink:. Brady is truly a great QB, and future HOF'er, hopefully he will be back next year and not miss a stride.

Not trying to troll, have lurked for some time, off and on, was to lazy to join.

Good luck the rest of the season.

You're not trolling man. It wasn't a dirty hit. I guess for some it makes them feel better if it WAS a dirty hit; but this wasn't.

What I'M pissed off about is that Wilfork got fined for an almost identical situation last year.

But no, that wasn't a dirty hit from Pollard. Just one of those things.

--

Edit: And at least you'll be 1-1 after next week. Oakland is REALLY bad.

You have the answer in your own description of the events, he was being blocked which made it not an illegal hit. Its there spelled out cleanly in the rules that when your blocked or coming off a block its not illegal to touch the qb below the knees. Its because of the injury that everyone is so upset (and with good reason, it sucks!). Pollard was just trying to make a play and the confluence of events was such that Brady stepped right into him as he goes towards him from under Morris' block.

You're not trolling man. It wasn't a dirty hit. I guess for some it makes them feel better if it WAS a dirty hit; but this wasn't.

What I'M pissed off about is that Wilfork got fined for an almost identical situation last year.

But no, that wasn't a dirty hit from Pollard. Just one of those things.

--

Edit: And at least you'll be 1-1 after next week. Oakland is REALLY bad.

Ahhhh.....Don't be so sure, did you forget who our head coach is.

Not to mention Noodle arm Damon Horrid, doing his best fetal position when a defender gets within 5 yards lol.

But yeah, they were pretty awful tonight

Ahhhh.....Don't be so sure, did you forget who our head coach is.

Not to mention Noodle arm Damon Horrid, doing his best fetal position when a defender gets within 5 yards lol.

But yeah, they were pretty awful tonight

Run, Run, Pass, Punt will confuse the hell out of Kiffin.

Hitting Passers knees OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES page 85

5) A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a
passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above
the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and
has no opportunity to avoid him;

Hey I don't think it was "dirty"...but unless Pollard is superman he was not going to be able to leap from his hands and knees to make the hit "legal".

He lept from his hands and knees towards Brady...he was not blocked into him. Morris' "block" had minimal effect on the lunge of Pollard. If Morris did not touch Pollard after the initial block Pollard had virtually no chance what so ever to make a "legal" hit on Brady.

Heck if Wilfork got fined then this certainly deserved a fine....personally I don't think either does "deserve(d)" at fine. It IS football, I don;t think there was any intent other than a player trying to make a play...but to make like the only reason Pollards hit was "legal" was because of Morris "being on his back" is not even close to believable as well as unless Pollard has super powers we don't know about physically impossible to launch himself off the ground from the position he did to ever make it a "legal" hit.

Not Dirty but please it was "illegal", 25K fine won't do anything for anyone. Wouldn't change anything with me if he was or isn't fined, don't really care, Brady is out and I don't think it was intentional so there is nothing to be done about it.

Back