MERGED - Teddy Bruschi, according to Boston Globe, has re-signed with the Patriots!

Steve1

Reaction score
Teddy Bruschi, according to Boston Globe, has re-signed with the Patriots!

Go to Boston.com for the news

Great!

(sorry for the lack of a link)

Sigh of relief.......

Re: Teddy Bruschi, according to Boston Globe, has re-signed with the Patriots!

Steve1 on 02-28-2008 at 08:17 PM said:
Go to Boston.com for the news

Great!

(sorry for the lack of a link)

That is good news if true! Can someone post a link up?

edit: thanks! and Woo Hoo!!!! Tedy has to stay. When he does retire he needs to become a coach. It is his mentality this team has adopted.

woohoo I'm SO HAPPY! :D

Thanks for posting, that made my day!

Patriots re-signed LB Tedy Bruschi to an undisclosed contract.
It's almost certainly for one year. Bruschi had 93 stops and two sacks in 2007, but is unlikely to be an IDP asset this season. He's no longer more than a two-down linebacker and will likely be a situational player in 2008.

If they use him as a starter I'll be so pissed, but what does that matter?:banghead:

You know, you fuggin know if we won that fateful night Bruschi would have been done right there. He wants to go out on top and I wanna see the best Patriot ever out on top:patriots!

And the bostonherald.com is reporting that it is a multi-year contract, interestingly.

Im am glad he is back, his leadership to the team and his leadership to the younger players is not something that comes around often not to mention he is dang good at it

Linebacker Tedy Bruschi isn’t ready to retire just yet.

Bruschi and the Patriots have agreed to terms on an undisclosed contract, ensuring that the fan favorite will return for his 13th season with the club, according to a league source.

Bruschi, who turns 35 in June, started all 16 regular-season games and all three playoff contests. He led the Patriots in tackles during the regular season (99), as well as solo tackles (69).

In the days leading up to the Super Bowl, Bruschi said: "After every season I sort of reassess things. I look at people who put it off to this offseason already like coaches Tony Dungy and Mike Holmgren. What they do is they sit back. They sort of reassess and make decisions with their families. That’s what I’ll do.”

Bruschi was voted as a defensive captain by his teammates in 2007.:rockon: :rockon:

This is great news! Glad to have him back for another year! He can show the youngins some stuff and hopefully go out on top! Why shouldn't he, he deserves to :)

Glad he's coming back for another season! woohoo

cka203 on 02-28-2008 at 09:09 PM said:
And in other news.....

(Yawn)

Sorry, but this is no surprise or news to me.

And in other news....

Patriots 24, Colts 20

Herald:

"Bruschi returning beyond next season
Although this shouldn’t come as a shock, Tedy Bruschi is not retiring. He’s coming back for more. What may surprise some people, is the linebacker agreed to terms on a multi-year contract, according to a league source. So Bruschi, who turns 35 in June, has at least two paid seasons lined up with the Pats, if he so chooses.

Bruschi, a defensive captain, started all 16 regular season games and all three playoff games this season. Next season will mark his 13th with the Pats."

Back