MERGED: What was your first car?

Mine was a 1981 Chevy Chevette. I loved that car. You could beat the hell out of it and it never died. I'd put 5 dollars in the gas tank and it would last a week. I miss that car.

Bet you had a lot of "miles" in that car, eh?

<*jabs with elbow, then winks and nods*>

Mine was a 1981 Chevy Chevette. I loved that car. You could beat the hell out of it and it never died. I'd put 5 dollars in the gas tank and it would last a week. I miss that car.

If you have not already, see post #34.

If you have not already, see post #34.
That's so funny. I called mine the vette too! I really never had problems with it. I remember driving down the highway with my BF at the time and two of his friends. The BF was the center for the football team, his 2 friends were lineman. That was an easy 900 lbs between the 3 of them. We couldnt get the car above 40.ROFL

And 3PS?? Of course! What girl didnt want the guy in the IROC??? He wore hairspray and smelled like Drakkar!!!! Instant secks.

Mine was this 1950 Chevrolet Fleetline what a great car.
Paid $1,200.00 for it

569786136_a6fea6731f.jpg

1980 ford Pinto fastback. Was brown with a black racing stripe. It died before I got a chance to drop the 302 in it and mount the wheelie bars. :D

Just got my license this year, had an 1986 Firebird. But it got towed away today, transmission went on it! So sad to see it go :(. Now I have to drive a Fiero I'm getting tonight until I can save up for a Firebird/Trans Am/Camaro 1995+.

Just got my license this year, had an 1986 Firebird. But it got towed away today, transmission went on it! So sad to see it go :(. Now I have to drive a Fiero I'm getting tonight until I can save up for a Firebird/Trans Am/Camaro 1995+.

Your just a General Motors kind of a guy, huh?

My mother drove a Chevy Monza back in the day. I guess that is how it is spelled. She has pictures of that thing. LOL

While I was gone hubby bought my oldest his first car which proceeded to DIE as they pulled into our driveway. The mechanic said it has electrical and other problems that make us PRAY we can cancel the cashiers check and give the POS back first thing tomorrow. I am PISSED that he didn't go straight to the bank right after it happened and has to wait til tomorrow but I hope we don't lose that money or we are SUNK. They test drove it twice for a good length of time then this. :( It's an Acura Integra 1996 I think.

While I was gone hubby bought my oldest his first car which proceeded to DIE as they pulled into our driveway. The mechanic said it has electrical and other problems that make us PRAY we can cancel the cashiers check and give the POS back first thing tomorrow. I am PISSED that he didn't go straight to the bank right after it happened and has to wait til tomorrow but I hope we don't lose that money or we are SUNK. They test drove it twice for a good length of time then this. :( It's an Acura Integra 1996 I think.

A good reason why I don't like used cars.

Did he get it from a dealership or privately?

Does Arizona have a Lemon Law?

A good reason why I don't like used cars.

Did he get it from a dealership or privately?

Does Arizona have a Lemon Law?

Unfortunately I wasn't around and he got it from a private owner BUT I think it was off Craig's List? I haven't had a chance to get alot of details because hubby left for a meeting as soon as I got home.

I don't believe the lemon law applies to this type of transaction but I am trying to find out. I cannot imagine we are not protected somehow and I do hope we can put a stop payment on the check first thing tomorrow. *sighs* ALWAYS some stupid stress.

Unfortunately I wasn't around and he got it from a private owner BUT I think it was off Craig's List? I haven't had a chance to get alot of details because hubby left for a meeting as soon as I got home.

I don't believe the lemon law applies to this type of transaction but I am trying to find out. I cannot imagine we are not protected somehow and I do hope we can put a stop payment on the check first thing tomorrow. *sighs* ALWAYS some stupid stress.
anything over a certain amount I think kicks in the lemon law...someone will know

did you have a mechanic look it over before hand...it is worth the 50 or so some will charge

That's gramps at the wheel. He thought it was the tits....had a 327 in it.

btw....red headed chicks loved it

Back