Miami Christmas Thoughts

Well, now we need you to tell us what it means!!! I did the rough (real rough) math and it's looks like the Defense was about ten mil more expensive than the Offense back then so it appears the $$$ has flipped. Not surprising if correct.

I think Brady and Mankins is the reason on most of that....thank God our TE's are still under rookie scale.

I think Brady and Mankins is the reason on most of that....thank God our TE's are still under rookie scale.

Yeah, really glad Hernandez/Gronkowski aren't going into their final year now.
Hope we can get Welker wrapped up, at least.

Well, now we need you to tell us what it means!!! I did the rough (real rough) math and it's looks like the Defense was about ten mil more expensive than the Offense back then so it appears the $$$ has flipped. Not surprising if correct.

It was actually $15M in 2004. $40M total for Defense, only $25M for Offense.

Yes, since he was on the roster in week 1 and is a vested veteran, his entire 2011 salary was guaranteed.

If that was the case we should have kept him around to go get water or something, he is not earning his 3.2 mil

BB will pay Gronk I have no doubt about that, Gronk is the TE BB has been searching for his entire career and now that he finally has him he's not gonna let him walk. The real interesting one is gonna be Hernandez, while not as good as Gronk he's still a top 10 TE in the league and is the perfect compliment to Gronk. If he's going to stay here he's gonna have to accept that he'll be second fiddle to Gronk otherwise he'll be gone.

Pats-Miami 9:30 tonight NFL Network.

BB will pay Gronk I have no doubt about that, Gronk is the TE BB has been searching for his entire career and now that he finally has him he's not gonna let him walk. The real interesting one is gonna be Hernandez, while not as good as Gronk he's still a top 10 TE in the league and is the perfect compliment to Gronk. If he's going to stay here he's gonna have to accept that he'll be second fiddle to Gronk otherwise he'll be gone.

I think you have a gr8 point and it IS a concern. Hopefully AHern's ego won't drive him to find a team where he can be the man, because they DO compliment each other so well.

If you can only keep one though it HAS to be GRONK!!!!

As Branch can attest, you may get more money elsewhere, but more success is not likley. I'm hoping enough of the current O guys such as the TEs and Welker see that for what it is, and remain Patriots until Brady is done.

Back