Miami Christmas Thoughts

Historic - True.

And I can say I saw Patriots history cause I did watch it, even though it sucked watching on my computer. I just don't see the upside to being able to say I watched it twice.

The replays provide you a chance to watch things that you miss in real time like certain blocking and away from the play action. Additionally, they add audio/video commentary for key plays and you get insight into bench conversations as well.

The replays provide you a chance to watch things that you miss in real time like certain blocking and away from the play action. Additionally, they add audio/video commentary for key plays and you get insight into bench conversations as well.

I imagine the audio from the sideline in the first half was Beep...beep...blocking....beep...beep...low pass....beep

I imagine the audio from the sideline in the first half was Beep...beep...blocking....beep...beep...low pass....beep

ROFL Yeah well they leave the crap out and just get to the meat of the game which is something else I appreciate with replay.

I'd like to know what BB was telling Brady and O'Brien after the last Pats' score when he started talking they cut away and then showed him from the reverse angle so we couldn't see what he was saying.

While at my sister's house cooking dinner and keeping one eye on the game, I was handed a gift and was told to open it immediately. It was a brand new Patriots hat, with a switch inside which lit up the logo. I put it on, and NE came alive. Props to my sister for the timely gift...and you're all welcome :toast:

You realize you have to wear it for 4 more games, right? Make sure you have spare batteries around, just in case. :thumb:

I'd like to know what BB was telling Brady and O'Brien after the last Pats' score when he started talking they cut away and then showed him from the reverse angle so we couldn't see what he was saying.

Sorry. The only words I can lip read are the swear ones. ;)

My brothers, brother in law (yeah I know) is deaf, We would travel to a lot of games in different sports and he used to reads lips for us all the time. it is pretty funny sometimes what he claims they are saying and I have no reason to doubt him...he called out too many things that later were confirmed for me to ever doubt him. Plus as a guy who sometimes drinks Guinness and snores he was a perfect room mate!!

My brothers, brother in law (yeah I know) is deaf, We would travel to a lot of games in different sports and he used to reads lips for us all the time. it is pretty funny sometimes what he claims they are saying and I have no reason to doubt him...he called out too many things that later were confirmed for me to ever doubt him. Plus as a guy who sometimes drinks Guinness and snores he was a perfect room mate!!

He would have been fun to hang w/at the clubs twenty years or so ago....

I was finally able to watch most of the game and my God was the DPI on McCourty a horrific call.

Not only was the ball uncatchable (apparently no longer a reason to pick up a flag :huh:) but he didn't touch the WR until the ball had passed well over his outstretched arms. Two completely seperate reasons why there never should have been a flag.

Just brutal.

Os, that is one HUGE thing about PI...I can't remember the last time it actually depended on whether the ball was uncatchable and I thought that was part of the rule.

Os, that is one HUGE thing about PI...I can't remember the last time it actually depended on whether the ball was uncatchable and I thought that was part of the rule.

The modern NFL is the perfect model of the political/economic axiom of:

"Tax something and you get less of it, subsidize something and you get more of it."

The NFL through Polianization, has taxed defenses and subsidized offenses.

I think it is interesting too that when Bill Polian got the rules emphasis changed to benefit his Colts, there was only one Colts-like team. Now there are at least three; Green Bay, New England, and New Orleans, as teams struggle to succeed in the new reality that Bill Polian has foisted on the NFL.

Colts fans, sorry, but THAT is something that is on YOUR franchise.

Greg Cosell on Pats O vs Mia:

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2011/12/29/cosells-watching-pats-offense-found-rhythm-on-empty/

Cosell’s Watching: Pats Offense Found Rhythm On “Empty”
by Greg Cosell

NFL Matchup’s Executive Producer shares notes from his study of Week 16 coaching tape: the Patriots offense vs. the Dolphins defense

Allen was again the Dolphins nickel slot corner, He played almost every snap in this game
Patriots very multiple with use of personnel and formations, Welker 16 yds on 3rd + 5 on 1st possession he was offset in the backfield
Patriots struggled on 1st possession with Dolphins blitz, both a function of poor blocking execution and scheme confusion – S Bell sack to end 1st possession a good example of scheme confusion: 3 to block 3, No one accounted for Bell

Dansby very active early, Looked quick and covered a lot of ground, Fluid with excellent range

Dolphins game planned high percentage blitz and it was effective, They got free rushers at Brady on the first couple of possessions
Dolphins played nickel on almost every snap, LB Dansby and Burnett did not come off the field
Mankins got hurt in the 1st quarter, Solder moved to LT and Cannon played RT
Brady was not comfortable in the 1st half, Dolphins generated consistent pass rush pressure against a Patriots OL that was revamped with different people in different positions
Dolphins a lot of man coverage concepts in the 1st half and they were effective, Athletic ability of Burnett and Dansby a big factor
Cannon looked a little bottom heavy in pass protection v. the outside rush, Must move his feet quicker laterally at the RT position – Probably best suited to play OG
Patriots started 2nd half in no huddle empty out of 2 TE / 3 WR personnel with Ochocinco the 3rd WR – They changed the pace and tempo of the game
Brady was not consistently sharp throwing the ball, His accuracy and ball location was erratic
Just as we saw v. Denver last week Hernandez ran the ball out of the backfield, Another element you must defend v. the Patriots
Taylor the moveable chess piece in the Dolphins nickel sub-package, Aligned all over the formation in both 2 and 3 point stances
Hernandez increasingly utilized all over the formation in the Patriots offense, even in the backfield
Branch 1 yd TD was a great improvisational route adjustment by Branch when he saw Brady move left out of the pocket, Smart football by a veteran receiver

Ridley took snaps away from Green-Ellis in this game; Ridley more skilled as an overall runner, Matter of trust and ball security
Dolphins played more zone coverage in the 2nd half, Could have been reaction to Patriots no huddle / empty
Welker 42 yds in the 4th quarter came out of empty with “11” personnel, Dolphins “man free” with LB Burnett on Welker in the slot
Welker overall was targeted 19 times, He caught 12-138 with 10-118 coming in the 2nd half
Patriots great success in the 2nd half out of empty, That may well have been the difference in the game for the Patriots offense – Brady ate up the Dolphins blitz schemes from shotgun empty

Greg Cosell on Pats O vs Mia:

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2011/12/29/cosells-watching-pats-offense-found-rhythm-on-empty/

Cosell’s Watching: Pats Offense Found Rhythm On “Empty”
by Greg Cosell

NFL Matchup’s Executive Producer shares notes from his study of Week 16 coaching tape: the Patriots offense vs. the Dolphins defense

Allen was again the Dolphins nickel slot corner, He played almost every snap in this game
Patriots very multiple with use of personnel and formations, Welker 16 yds on 3rd + 5 on 1st possession he was offset in the backfield
Patriots struggled on 1st possession with Dolphins blitz, both a function of poor blocking execution and scheme confusion – S Bell sack to end 1st possession a good example of scheme confusion: 3 to block 3, No one accounted for Bell

Dansby very active early, Looked quick and covered a lot of ground, Fluid with excellent range

Dolphins game planned high percentage blitz and it was effective, They got free rushers at Brady on the first couple of possessions
Dolphins played nickel on almost every snap, LB Dansby and Burnett did not come off the field
Mankins got hurt in the 1st quarter, Solder moved to LT and Cannon played RT
Brady was not comfortable in the 1st half, Dolphins generated consistent pass rush pressure against a Patriots OL that was revamped with different people in different positions
Dolphins a lot of man coverage concepts in the 1st half and they were effective, Athletic ability of Burnett and Dansby a big factor
Cannon looked a little bottom heavy in pass protection v. the outside rush, Must move his feet quicker laterally at the RT position – Probably best suited to play OG
Patriots started 2nd half in no huddle empty out of 2 TE / 3 WR personnel with Ochocinco the 3rd WR – They changed the pace and tempo of the game
Brady was not consistently sharp throwing the ball, His accuracy and ball location was erratic
Just as we saw v. Denver last week Hernandez ran the ball out of the backfield, Another element you must defend v. the Patriots
Taylor the moveable chess piece in the Dolphins nickel sub-package, Aligned all over the formation in both 2 and 3 point stances
Hernandez increasingly utilized all over the formation in the Patriots offense, even in the backfield
Branch 1 yd TD was a great improvisational route adjustment by Branch when he saw Brady move left out of the pocket, Smart football by a veteran receiver

Ridley took snaps away from Green-Ellis in this game; Ridley more skilled as an overall runner, Matter of trust and ball security
Dolphins played more zone coverage in the 2nd half, Could have been reaction to Patriots no huddle / empty
Welker 42 yds in the 4th quarter came out of empty with “11” personnel, Dolphins “man free” with LB Burnett on Welker in the slot
Welker overall was targeted 19 times, He caught 12-138 with 10-118 coming in the 2nd half
Patriots great success in the 2nd half out of empty, That may well have been the difference in the game for the Patriots offense – Brady ate up the Dolphins blitz schemes from shotgun empty

Is it scary to anyone that when Brady is moving players around and calling some of the plays in hurry up and empty shotgun that we move the ball better than when the play is sent in from the sideline?

Is it scary to anyone that when Brady is moving players around and calling some of the plays in hurry up and empty shotgun that we move the ball better than when the play is sent in from the sideline?

Not scary. Its a good thing he has the ability to do it and we just take it for granted. But we have discussed BoB to death ya know?

Not scary. Its a good thing he has the ability to do it and we just take it for granted. But we have discussed BoB to death ya know?

Oh I know, and I am not really putting this against O'Brien...I just wonder why it seems that they cannot see on film which plays work the best and call those more in games? I mean do we really need to call a 7 step drop streaks when Brady is getting mashed on every drop back? Maybe thats not the best play for that situation.

Not particularly scary to me re:hurry up. For one that simplifies the defense for QBs due to no substitutions and is especially great with a guy like TB who sees the field so well. Most above avg QBs do pretty well in it regardless of their OC's skill.

Not particularly scary to me re:hurry up. For one that simplifies the defense for QBs due to no substitutions and is especially great with a guy like TB who sees the field so well. Most above avg QBs do pretty well in it regardless of their OC's skill.

Its not only the hurry up, its the no huddle, which might be the same thing, but it might not be the same play calls. I am still seeing play calls when they huddle that I just cannot understand why that play was called in that situation. I mean sometimes its really mind boggling. I would watch the steelers call these 7 step drops when their oline could not protect and I could not understand why they would not change it up when they see it didnt work, now I am seeing that here.

Uh not sure where this comes from given the fact that BJGE's last fumble was NEVER. :coffee

Cheers, BostonTim

Uh not sure where this comes from given the fact that BJGE's last fumble was NEVER. :coffee

Cheers, BostonTim

I think the gist of the comment was regarding the Pats' confidence in Ridley's ball security, not BJGE's, because THAT is the only thing that would keep Ridley from getting most of the carries.

Back