Miceky mouse now owns Darth Vader and all Star Wars.

Major A$$hole*

Get well soon Babalu!
Reaction score
Episode VII scheduled for 2015. This is the teaser poster for it.
3175931066_05a65c4561.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt-disney-company-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-vii-set-for-2015
I think the internet might break. The Mayans might have been right after all.

Wonder what they're going to do in terms of Star Wars. Post return of the jedi content or rebooting the prequels.

I'd like a reboot, tbh.

Does this mean the Mouse is going to undo all the changes Lucas made to IV - VI and return them to their original?

ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

Edit: Oh and hire someone who can actually Direct actors to make these films?

Wonder what they're going to do in terms of Star Wars. Post return of the jedi content or rebooting the prequels.

I'd like a reboot, tbh.
Since they specifically referred to it as episode vii I'd say its going to be post ROTJ.

There was always supposed to be nine Star Wars movies. The first three were in the middle, then three prequels, and three sequels. Lucas took so long to get back to the prequels, then he said he wasn't doing the last three.

Now, they will happen.

Spoiler alert:

Luke turns to the dark side.

Now, they will happen.

Spoiler alert:

Luke turns to the dark side.
Could be worse...

..because, if you have the ability to go faster than the speed of light and settle a galaxy, and also establish the capability to freeze people and then bring them back, then it's not a stretch to postulate intergalactic travel.

:jedi:

So the Star Wars universe people travel for a very long time and go to a galaxy far, far away from them...

..and wind up here, in the Milky Way, in the 23th century, Earth Time.

To interact with the Star Trek universe people.

:Eason:

You have a LOL-TASTIC way of raining on parades, Runner.

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd still like to see a reboot. By mere coincidence I sat down and watched episode II a couple of days ago and I'm not sure which part sucks most, from Anakin's acting to the JarJar Binks character, it's just all wrong.

Not even Saruman could save that movie.

ROFL

Josh McDaniels as Grand Moff Tarkin

Moff Tarkin was known as an ambitious social-climber who knew how to get himself to the top. A brilliant tactician, he was known for ruling through fear and getting rid of those who opposed his rule. Remember, it was Princess Leia who said "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." Isn't that a pretty fitting description of McDaniels' time in Denver when Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall slipped away? But what would be McDaniels' failing to leave the Death Star moment? Oh yeah, drafting Tim Tebow.

I agree with Eli as Luke because both are winy f***s that I wouldn't mind seeing litesabered to death at some point.

I won't be surpised if they do a Micky Mouse star wars cartoon now. You paid 4 billion you better start make some money on it.

Lucas is going to give it all to charity.

:clap:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-deal-george-lucas-will-384947

By the end of the year, the $4.05 billion sale of Lucasfilm to Disney should be finalized. And since George Lucas owns 100 percent of his company - which has little to no debt - all that money goes to him.

After that, Lucas plans to quickly put the bulk of the money into a foundation which will primarily focus on educational issues, a spokesperson for Lucasfilm tells THR.

“George Lucas has expressed his intention, in the event the deal closes, to donate the majority of the proceeds to his philanthropic endeavors.”
It's not yet clear which foundation will get the proceeds. Lucas is currently the chairman of Edutopia, which is part of the George Lucas Educational Foundation. He could put money into that or create a new foundation which would be funded from the sale.

Good for him. HE is a filthy Rich he really don't need all that Money.

JJ Abrams will direct Episode VII

J.J. Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII, the first of a new series of Star Wars films to come from Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy. Abrams will be directing and Academy Award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay.

“It’s very exciting to have J.J. aboard leading the charge as we set off to make a new Star Wars movie,” said Kennedy. “J.J. is the perfect director to helm this. Beyond having such great instincts as a filmmaker, he has an intuitive understanding of this franchise. He understands the essence of the Star Wars experience, and will bring that talent to create an unforgettable motion picture.”

George Lucas went on to say “I’ve consistently been impressed with J.J. as a filmmaker and storyteller. He’s an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn’t be in better hands.”

"To be a part of the next chapter of the Star Wars saga, to collaborate with Kathy Kennedy and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor,” J.J. Abrams said. “I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid."

J.J., his longtime producing partner Bryan Burk, and Bad Robot are on board to produce along with Kathleen Kennedy under the Disney | Lucasfilm banner.

Also consulting on the project are Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg. Kasdan has a long history with Lucasfilm, as screenwriter on The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Return of the Jedi. Kinberg was writer on Sherlock Holmes and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Abrams and his production company Bad Robot have a proven track record of blockbuster movies that feature complex action, heartfelt drama, iconic heroes and fantastic production values with such credits as Star Trek, Super 8, Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, and this year’s Star Trek Into Darkness. Abrams has worked with Lucasfilm’s preeminent postproduction facilities, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound, on all of the feature films he has directed, beginning with Mission: Impossible III. He also created or co-created such acclaimed television series as Felicity, Alias, Lost and Fringe.​

Back