Mike Reiss predicts a 9-7 season

Well there is a reason some teams have 1 QB over years and some teams have many. Some players dont make it. Its like when people say, oh poor Qb he has had 4 offensive coordinators and 3 head coaches....well yeah there is a reason for that. He is not doing well and people are getting fired.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

The titans plan was not to score a lot of points, it was to control the clock and keep the pats offense off the field, they succeeded. Arena football is not how you win games. Titans are a run first team, that is their MO, and they ran it to perfection.

Or maybe it’s the kid coming out of school and landing in a less than desirable situation.

Let’s take Andy Dalton. He was blessed with Marv Lewis. Nuff said.

Had Dalton come out this year, Bill has not much in the cupboard, and selected him, I think we’d all be viewing Dalton in a different light 10 years down the road.

Danny Shelton wasn’t a slouch. How much Allen improves the line remains to be seen. I’m not viewing him as the second coming of Big Vince.
Well, actually, the defense was magnificent last year. Only four teams scored more that 17 points on us. And in the playoff game, the Pats D only allowed 20. Not '85 Bears of '00 Ravens good, but not at the suckage level either.

Shelton was better than okay, and did well last year. We'll see about Allen. Over all, I think the DL will be fine with Guy, Butler, Allen, and Cowart, especially if Cowart gets better with a nice sophomore jump. He only played in five games last year and the only team to run on us those five games were the Ravens (in the other for games, the Pats D allowed just under 6 points per game average).

I'm getting excited for the season. I hope TC happens.

The titans plan was not to score a lot of points, it was to control the clock and keep the pats offense off the field, they succeeded.

No, that is wrong. The Patriots had more drives than the Titans. What kept us off the field were all the three-and-outs (3-13 third down conv).

The Pats scored 13 points on 10 drives, and that's not on the Titans run game.

It was on the Patriots lack of a run game

No, that is wrong. The Patriots had more drives than the Titans. What kept us off the field were all the three-and-outs (3-13 third down conv).

The Pats scored 13 points on 10 drives, and that's not on the Titans run game.

Time of posession.....If you cannot stop the run you are going to not win time of posession. We could not stop the run. It does not matter how many times its how long. They kept the ball a long time. There was one drive toward the end they had the ball 8 minutes on one drive and only went 39 yards.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

It was on the Patriots lack of a run game

Patriots barely had a run game. Titans did, and the pats could not stop it. Stopping the run is more important for this team than stopping the pass, especially this year.

We could not stop the run. It does not matter how many times its how long. They kept the ball a long time.

You're too funny. The Titans had the ball for 31 minutes to the Pats' 29 minutes. You call that dominating the time of possession?

The Titans game was NOT on the Pats' D. Yeah, they allowed the Titans to run between the 20's but they only allowed 14 points (the last score was Brady's pic 6).

Time of posession.....If you cannot stop the run you are going to not win time of posession.

The Pats didn't lose because of time of possession. They didn't lose because of Derrick Henry. Brady was on the field longer than he was. We lost because the entire offense shit the bed. They had 10 offensive series to the Titans 9, and scored a 13 points. Any time any team scores only 13 points, they can't expect to win many games.

Personally I an believing that most are under estimating Stidham. I do see him as a top QB maybe not right away but quickly. I also believe the D is going to win a number of games for them this season
So her is what I think this coming season could look like .
Game-by-game prediction

Sept. 13: vs. Miami, Win

Sept. 20: at Seattle, Win

Sept. 27: vs. Las Vegas, Win

Oct. 4: at Kansas City, Loss

Oct. 11: vs. Denver, Win

Oct. 18: BYE

Oct. 25: vs. San Francisco, Loss

Nov. 1: at Buffalo, Loss

Nov. 9: at N.Y. Jets, Win

Nov. 15: vs. Baltimore, Loss

Nov. 22: at Houston, Loss

Nov. 29: vs. Arizona, Win

Dec. 6: at L.A. Chargers, Win

Dec. 10: at L.A. Rams, Loss

Dec. 20: at Miami, Loss

Dec. 28: vs. Buffalo, Win

Jan. 3: vs. N.Y. Jets, Win

That would again be an 10-6 record

Personally I an believing that most are under estimating Stidham. I do see him as a top QB maybe not right away but quickly. I also believe the D is going to win a number of games for them this season
So her is what I think this coming season could look like .
Game-by-game prediction

Sept. 20: at Seattle, Win

Dec. 10: at L.A. Rams, Loss

That would again be an 10-6 record

That adds up to 9-7. You didn't color in the Houston loss. But since you called the Rams a loss, we're back to 10-6.

You're too funny. The Titans had the ball for 31 minutes to the Pats' 29 minutes. You call that dominating the time of possession?

The Titans game was NOT on the Pats' D. Yeah, they allowed the Titans to run between the 20's but they only allowed 14 points (the last score was Brady's pic 6).

The Pats didn't lose because of time of possession. They didn't lose because of Derrick Henry. Brady was on the field longer than he was. We lost because the entire offense shit the bed. They had 10 offensive series to the Titans 9, and scored a 13 points. Any time any team scores only 13 points, they can't expect to win many games.

I didnt say who it was that lost the game but giving up 200 yards rushing is not good right? Is that bad? How did you turn into me saying we couldnt stop the run into, all defense fault. lol. We get it Brady sucks, Brady sucks Brady sucks. I will take your posts going forward as Brady sucks, we were talking about the run defense.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

That adds up to 9-7. You didn't color in the Houston loss. But since you called the Rams a loss, we're back to 10-6.

I would have Seattle winning more than the Rams. I mean I guess, who knows. Its a complete mystery to me, too many questions unanswered.

There were definitely times in the second half of the Titans game where everyone watching, and coaching the game knew it was gonna be a Henry run up the middle, and it still couldn’t be stopped.
But still I blame that loss on the fact that NE was probably getting less than a yard on every first down run attempt. Not much better when they’d try to run on second, and then the pass game was trying to pick up an impossible third down conversion, where the other team knew the only real threats were Eddleman or white.

Mike Reiss predicts a 9-7 season. He has the Pats having a rough early/middle season and then finishing strong. He has them 4-2 in the division which might be enough to take the AFCE where everyone seems to be competitive. With this brutal schedule, if they are good enough to make the playoffs, they might be good enough to advance at least to the divisional round, maybe even the AFCCG.

Game-by-game prediction

Sept. 20: at Seattle, Loss

Dec. 10: at L.A. Rams, Win

Strength of schedule: 1st, .537

I'd take Reiss' prediction and use as the 'best case scenario'. If they win 9, I'd be quite surprised. Brady or no Brady, that schedule is brutal.

I didnt say who it was that lost the game but giving up 200 yards rushing is not good right? Is that bad? How did you turn into me saying we couldnt stop the run into, all defense fault. lol. We get it Brady sucks, Brady sucks Brady sucks. I will take your posts going forward as Brady sucks, we were talking about the run defense.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

I would have Seattle winning more than the Rams. I mean I guess, who knows. Its a complete mystery to me, too many questions unanswered.

Brady did suck in that game and for most of the season. It's not hyperbole or emotive, SC and others are stating facts, the evidence was there as clear as day. Many of us were too partisan to see it during the season, we probably didn't want to believe it. A few here saw it to their credit, but we ignored reporters who said Brady was playing in a season-long mood and was clearly heading towards the exit.

With hindsight, we can see it now. It's a shame, but s**t happens and hos best years will always be associated with this team and he'll go into the Pats HOF and his history with the Patriots that will get him to Canton.

WTF?

I never said any of that, and it wasn't in reply to you saying they stopped the run. I was replying to this:

The titans plan was not to score a lot of points, it was to control the clock and keep the pats offense off the field, they succeeded

And as I said, in fact the Titans did not successful keep the Pats offense off the field. The Pats had more offensive series than the Titans and time of possession for both teams was nearly the same. That is what I said, not the Brady sucks or that the Pats defense stopped the run, only that the defense held the Titans to 14 points, and that it was a perfect storm, total breakdown in every part of the offense that caused the loss.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

I'd take Reiss' prediction and use as the 'best case scenario'. If they win 9, I'd be quite surprised. Brady or no Brady, that schedule is brutal.
Yeah, but on the plus side, if Stidham can come out of this season without it being a losing season, he'll probably never see a schedule as bad as this one.

I'm still holding out for the Pats making the playoffs, and winning a playoff game even.

I wish we had OTAs this year, and a whole training camp this year, though.

WTF?

I never said any of that, and it wasn't in reply to you saying they stopped the run. I was replying to this:

And as I said, in fact the Titans did not successful keep the Pats offense off the field. The Pats had more offensive series than the Titans and time of possession for both teams was nearly the same. That is what I said, not the Brady sucks or that the Pats defense stopped the run, only that the defense held the Titans to 14 points, and that it was a perfect storm, total breakdown in every part of the offense that caused the loss.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Yeah, but on the plus side, if Stidham can come out of this season without it being a losing season, he'll probably never see a schedule as bad as this one.

I'm still holding out for the Pats making the playoffs, and winning a playoff game even.

I wish we had OTAs this year, and a whole training camp this year, though.

The titans ran for 200 yards. If you want to be ok with that thats fine. If we give that up every game next year we wont win a game. I am not sure what the record is for teams winning that give up 200 yards rushing, but I bet its not good. Yeah I know brady sucks Brady sucks. He is gone now, the defense is still here, it has to improve.

Speaking of Reese, I made some Bill Murray comment about a player we have, and made a little joke and Reese came in on fire.

Mike Reiss
@MikeReiss
Replying to
@JohnVicars1
and
@STIsmail
Nothing "Lost in Translation" on that one, Johnny.

He's on the Mount "Rushmore" of the all-time Patriots All-Rookie Team.

This preseason, he's coming to Gillette -- a.k.a. "The Razor's Edge."

They just need to beat the Broncos on October 11th and i'll be a very happy camper. lol

The titans ran for 200 yards. If you want to be ok with that thats fine. If we give that up every game next year we wont win a game. I am not sure what the record is for teams winning that give up 200 yards rushing, but I bet its not good. Yeah I know brady sucks Brady sucks. He is gone now, the defense is still here, it has to improve.

LOL.

You said that it was because of time of possession.
That clearly wasn’t the issue.
But Middie moves the goal posts again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whatever, dude. For like the seventh time in a row you replied to something I didn't say. I then explain what I said, and you make up something different that is equally stupid. Never said it was fine to not stop the run. I said the Titans did not dominate the time of possession and that the Pats had more possessions than the Titans.

Why you repeatedly say I think Brady sucks I have no idea. I reply every time saying I think he is the greatest QB ever but he isn't as good as he used to be. Why this infuriates you I have no idea.

I'd tell it to you again, but I don't have time. I'm so busy sticking pins in my Brady voodoo dolls, arranging a thousand 'Brady Sucks' billboards up and down the east coast, and setting up my new whoneedsbrady.com website, you can go ahead and middie to your heart's content.

I agree. 9 wins is probably their ceiling. And I think 9-7 may be enough to earn a WC berth in the AFC this season. But I also think with Brady's departure from the AFC, that berth is earned by another team... Perhaps even another AFC East team.

I am not sure what the Patriots floor is, but it could be as low as 4 wins. And I think the D is good enough to carry the team on their backs to at least 2 wins next season.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic by any means, but I don't know how anyone can look at last year's team, remove Brady from the equation, and think a fairly similar remaining cast of characters is still good for 10 or more wins. On paper, I think Buffalo is better than them and if Fitzpatrick is even adequate, Miami probably is too.

I think 3rd place and a 9-7 WC berth may be about as good as it gets. And I chuckle at myself a bit for even thinking that.

I'm guessing we go 0-0 or 1-2 and then the season is canceled. 2020 dumpster fire everybody!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back