Misinformation during yesterday's game commentary

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
Something that's been bothering me. Coffee. During yesterday's broadcast the announcer talked about how Matt Schaab (or whatever his name is) got his big break when Vick was hurt and couldn't start in a game against the Patriots during the regular season and how he won that game. Thing is of course, the Patriots won that game. Coffee. I was expecting to see this all over twitterverse but didn't see anything. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and whether it was mentioned on the Planet. Dead Horse. I would search for it but I'm not sure what to search for. Coffee.

Something that's been bothering me. Coffee. During yesterday's broadcast the announcer talked about how Matt Schaab (or whatever his name is) got his big break when Vick was hurt and couldn't start in a game against the Patriots during the regular season and how he won that game. Thing is of course, the Patriots won that game. Coffee. I was expecting to see this all over twitterverse but didn't see anything. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and whether it was mentioned on the Planet. Dead Horse. I would search for it but I'm not sure what to search for. Coffee.

Yes he played in the game. No he did not win, he played well though, which sometimes can happen when you gameplan for Vick and an unknown QB comes in to play...

Something that's been bothering me. :coffee: During yesterday's broadcast the announcer talked about how Matt Schaab (or whatever his name is) got his big break when Vick was hurt and couldn't start in a game against the Patriots during the regular season and how he won that game. Thing is of course, the Patriots won that game. Coffee. I was expecting to see this all over twitterverse but didn't see anything. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and whether it was mentioned on the Planet. Dead Horse. I would search for it but I'm not sure what to search for. :coffee:

I'm not sure that gaff by the announcers was the worst one. I'm surprised that one bothered you so much. Did any of the other mistakes they made bother you, or just that one.

popcorn

My favorite was when they said that they could hear the whistle blow with two seconds on the clock, and they play the replay.... 03, no whistle.. 02, no whistle, 01, no whistle, 00, slight delay, whistle..... Are you sure you heard it when there was :02 on the clock? I heard it at :00.

Let me see if I can 'spain, Lucy.

Back when Vick played for the Falcons, Schaub was a back up quarterback.

You're welcome.

:coffee:

I'm not sure that gaff by the announcers was the worst one. I'm surprised that one bothered you so much. Did any of the other mistakes they made bother you, or just that one.

popcorn

I'm sure there were other gaffes. Coffee. But this was such a strange, obviously factually inaccurate mistake I was surprised no one tweeted a correction. Pop Corn. I know I know: it's up to me to tweet the corrections, but I wasn't sure who the announcer was. Was it Jim Nantz? Jumping Banana.

I'm sure there were other gaffes. Coffee. But this was such a strange, obviously factually inaccurate mistake I was surprised no one tweeted a correction. Pop Corn. I know I know: it's up to me to tweet the corrections, but I wasn't sure who the announcer was. Was it Jim Nantz? Jumping Banana.

Thomas, I don't know what is going on with you and your Ipad, but I found this post hilarious when I read it using the extraneous words and phrases as expletives.

Sorry, carry on.

My favorite was toward the end of the game, not sure who it was that said it, but they said that at some point the texans should spike the ball and kick a fg.....there was 30 seconds left, no timeouts and they were down 13.....and he said they should spike the ball and kick a fg....I can only assume he had the under.

My favorite was toward the end of the game, not sure who it was that said it, but they said that at some point the texans should spike the ball and kick a fg.....there was 30 seconds left, no timeouts and they were down 13.....and he said they should spike the ball and kick a fg....I can only assume he had the under.

That was kind of funny. The other announcer was trying to tactfully say, "umm no, that wouldn't really help at this time".

BTW, this wasn't an exact quote, but rather a dramatization of the event.

:)

That was kind of funny. The other announcer was trying to tactfully say, "umm no, that wouldn't really help at this time".

Yeah neither was mine, I just remember when the texans got to the 50, he said, best thing to do is get another pass, spike the ball and then kick a fg and then you can try and get the onside kick, I was like.....what the hell are you talking about? In fact I was laughing at that point so I did not hear if the other guy corrected him.

That was almost an exact quote, DC.

Thomas, I don't know what is going on with you and your Ipad, but I found this post hilarious when I read it using the extraneous words and phrases as expletives.

Sorry, carry on.

I'm not actually using my iPad right now. Red Sox. I am merely trying to show people how their posts appear to me when I do use my iPad. Coffee.

He did correct himself, muttering something about how he was thinking the point difference was 10 points.

This makes me think I will post a poll question about the Denver game...

He did correct himself, muttering something about how he was thinking the point difference was 10 points.

This makes me think I will post a poll question about the Denver game...

Well all I can say is, keep up with the game, I knew what the score was, he gets paid to do so, I don't.

It was Simms.

I remember have a :huh: WTF? reaction when he said it.

Of course how sad is that that you have Jim Nantz correct you on national TV :suicide:

Back