Miss the old Three Ring Circus? Like the Football only forum?

One thing that would help (not sure if the vbulletin code could support it) would be to color code the threads a bit. So if you're in the Circus, threads from the football form are highlighted a different color. Make it easier to 1) see which forum the thread is from and 2) sift through to the things you're looking for.

Do the footballs I added to a few threads help?

Maybe the thread starters can add them when starting threads to help out a little

So all the changes were good then? Really the only difference from 2 years ago is the threads about football now stay football and there is a football only option for those who do not want to laugh. :)

Seriously thank you all for feed back.. It is nice to hear from the posters

Are you kidding? With the Jet lineup this year, and Manning's head held on with duct tape, all the laughs will be in the FF. :toast:

I am speechless. There is football carnage in the circus.

You got chocolate on my peanut butter!

Mods: "We're splitting the football talk off from the off-topic stuff, 'cause we're losing good posters who don't want to hear about sex talk and crap like that."

General Membership: "What?!? This sucks!! We hate this!! We're all leaving!!"

::: time passes :::

Mods: "We're making the football posts visible in the 3RC because the 3RC has died a lingering death and there's little activity in it, and we figure this will make those people who left happy, because now it will look like it used to."

General Membership: "What?!? It's all confusing now, and I'm afraid I might post off-topic stuff in the football threads now! This sucks!!"

Mods: :banghead: nutpunch

Seriously, though, here's an idea: why don't you keep the football only forum, and keep the 3RC-only forum, but since you obviously have a line of code to make them both visible in one, make a new THIRD forum called the "See It All Here!" forum. Then just tell people, "Hey, if you're too lazy to check two forums, just go to that one and you'll see all the threads from both." :shrug: This way, people interested in football can go to football-only, people interested in off-topic can go to 3RC, and people who want to see it the old way can go to the "See It All Here!" forum and it'll look just like it used to. (If you can then figure out a way in the Thread Create process to tag it as FF or 3RC, then you'd be able to create a thread from any of the three areas and have it appear in the appropriate area(s). Basically I'm talking Venn Diagram stuff here.)

So all the changes were good then? Really the only difference from 2 years ago is the threads about football now stay football and there is a football only option for those who do not want to laugh. :)

Seriously thank you all for feed back.. It is nice to hear from the posters
Whoa! The posters are talking to you again? Those LSD flashbacks of yours would be scarier if you had Friday the Thirteenth-like posters in your den, happily for us you don't ...

zackandmiriposter-28229.jpg

At first, I was like "whoa, great idea", then I was like "whoa, this is totally confusing", but after, I was like "whoa, I can dig it, man!"

Whoa! The posters are talking to you again? Those LSD flashbacks of yours would be scarier if you had Friday the Thirteenth-like posters in your den, happily for us you don't ...
I am sure many are still not talking but I haven't noticed. :rexy:

no drugs my mind is more twisted than any drug, I just think 3 times before hitting submit

Seriously, though, here's an idea: why don't you keep the football only forum, and keep the 3RC-only forum, but since you obviously have a line of code to make them both visible in one, make a new THIRD forum called the "See It All Here!" forum. Then just tell people, "Hey, if you're too lazy to check two forums, just go to that one and you'll see all the threads from both." :shrug: This way, people interested in football can go to football-only, people interested in off-topic can go to 3RC, and people who want to see it the old way can go to the "See It All Here!" forum and it'll look just like it used to. (If you can then figure out a way in the Thread Create process to tag it as FF or 3RC, then you'd be able to create a thread from any of the three areas and have it appear in the appropriate area(s). Basically I'm talking Venn Diagram stuff here.)

This has already been considered when I was first looking into it and may end up being the next experiment.

At first, I was like "whoa, great idea", then I was like "whoa, this is totally confusing", but after, I was like "whoa, I can dig it, man!"
Same here and I also feel football threads be a different color than three ring.. So far my lazy ass likes it.I'm still getting use to it,but like always the Planet is like crack and I'm seriously in need of much help...:insane:

I have a great idea lets keep the strict football forum in place for the peeps who dedicate themselves to good football chat,and then have a anything goes forum, and this means if you want to chat football and go off topic sobeit, and if you want to talk trash or be trash go ahead and post away... I think we should call it the Three Ring Circus...:insane:

There might be less confusion for current members and it would help get peeps like Shirtsleeve and a few others back...I miss those guys and they really added to the fun of the Three Ring...:sulk:

This has already been considered when I was first looking into it and may end up being the next experiment.

IMO it seems like that would be the way to satisfy everyone. The people who want serious football talk can go get it without looking at crap. The people who want off-topic stuff can go get it without worrying about "serious" posts. Neither group needs to look at the other threads if they don't want to. And those who do want the "old experience" can go to the mixed-thread forum where they can see everything all at once. All people have to remember are two things:

1.) When you make a thread, set it for FF or 3RC as the topic deems, and
2.) Don't go off-the-wall in a FF thread.

Back