Most important Trey Flowers or Trent Brown?

If the Patriots can only keep one, who should it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MEPATNUT

Reaction score
Right now the Patriots do not have a lot of cap space. The 2 most important Free Agent on the team are Trey Flowers and Trent Brown.

They probably cannot sign or franchise both unless they do some major restructuring or make cuts. Even then they probably won't have the cap space to keep both.

So, if they can only can keep one, which player should they keep? I really love Trey Flowers. He's been their best DL player for the past 3 years.

Brown showed me a lot this year. For a big guy he can move and has done a very good job at LT both pass and run blocking. And, with TFB not being the most mobile QB, it's really important to have a very good LT.

There could be other options at LT but why gamble with the GOAT's health?

So, I'm running up a short pole to see how others feel about this. Results will be sent to BB in order to help him decide.

I don’t seperate.

I prioritize Flowers - try to reach a multi year deal.

Franchise Brown. There’s no proof Wynn is an NFL LT and he’s coming off possibly the worst injury for a fatties. Don’t gamble on TBs health and safety.

Hurt.

Undersized.

And zero NFL snaps.

I’m surprised a lineman of all peeps would assume that risk.
when the dynasty started all linemen, except center, were 6-3, 6-4 and once played left tackle (or olympic gold medalist) in college. Then they went to the mountain sized guys 6-6 or more. I wonder if they may go back to the smaller Linemen who use speed and leverage to match up better with the new Defensive lineman who is smaller and faster.

just a thought but BB is always evolving into what the other teams are not doing because the talent level is a greater value to him - see logan mankins.

when the dynasty started all linemen, except center, were 6-3, 6-4 and once played left tackle (or olympic gold medalist) in college. Then they went to the mountain sized guys 6-6 or more. I wonder if they may go back to the smaller Linemen who use speed and leverage to match up better with the new Defensive lineman who is smaller and faster.

just a thought but BB is always evolving into what the other teams are not doing because the talent level is a greater value to him - see logan mankins.

BB zags when the NFL zigs...

They roadgraded their way to LIII.

And Logan wasn’t value. He was their priciest OL.

He allegedly said the Isiah Thomas Brinks truck comment last off-season, are you sure he isn't a contract year stud, and then back to a non-starter for the 49ers level?

Yes.

Winning appears to have changed his entire perspective on everything. Those 49ers teams were dogshit.

You can't get 6'8" 370 just anywhere :coffee:

Point taken.

You also can't find 6'3" 275 dudes that can play any position, any down and any way needed on the DL, can knock the shit out of guys that outweigh him by 50 pounds and makes clutch plays on the biggest stage.

I see this as a no right answer question.

Having said that, Trent Brown could be the best OL in the league pretty soon and Flowers is just one of the best at his position.

Brown's size is exceeded only by his ceiling as a player. The HOF is a possibility if he keeps getting better and stays on the field.

Voted Trent Brown, they guy does crush the line sometimes. The Oline Unit was awesome. Would be good to keep Flowers, but there are supposedly a lot of DLine in this draft.

Point taken.

You also can't find 6'3" 275 dudes that can play any position, any down and any way needed on the DL, can knock the shit out of guys that outweigh him by 50 pounds and makes clutch plays on the biggest stage.

I see this as a no right answer question.

Having said that, Trent Brown could be the best OL in the league pretty soon and Flowers is just one of the best at his position.

Brown's size is exceeded only by his ceiling as a player. The HOF is a possibility if he keeps getting better and stays on the field.

So you keep both. Like I said.

Back