Most surprising Pats player thus far?

Brandon McGowan

:party:

Saw him play for Maine, knew he was damn good, just didn't think he was Patriot good.

Never been so proud to have been proven wrong.

Julian Edelman.

This.

There was at least some level of expectation for McGowan, Sea Bass, Merriweather, TBC.

But, come on. Who in their wildest imagination expected the guy who was playing quarterback at Kent State a year ago to be making a significant contribution as a wide receiver?

How does that even happen? Does Belichick watch game films of Kent State and go "Hmmmm....I could see that QB playing a Wes Welker role for us..."?!?

Bingo.

Who among us didn't cringe when Mayo got hurt?

When they put Guyton in his place, who didn't have a double cringe?

Who here would have predicted that they could put Guyton in at ILB, the green dot on his helmet, have him play virtually every down, and have it be successful?

Edlemen is a good #2, but we saw flashes of him playing that role in pre-season.

Who saw Guyton do anything like what he's accomplished, ever?

Bingo.

Who among us didn't cringe when Mayo got hurt?

When they put Guyton in his place, who didn't have a double cringe?

Who here would have predicted that they could put Guyton in at ILB, the green dot on his helmet, have him play virtually every down, and have it be successful?

Edlemen is a good #2, but we saw flashes of him playing that role in pre-season.

Who saw Guyton do anything like what he's accomplished, ever?

{Raises hand}

This.

There was at least some level of expectation for McGowan, Sea Bass, Merriweather, TBC.

But, come on. Who in their wildest imagination expected the guy who was playing quarterback at Kent State a year ago to be making a significant contribution as a wide receiver?

How does that even happen? Does Belichick watch game films of Kent State and go "Hmmmm....I could see that QB playing a Wes Welker role for us..."?!?

You make a gr8 point, but even gr8er is the fact that there are so many legitimate answers to this question.

:rockon:

McGowan, Edelman, Guyton, Seabass, Green-Ellis, Myron Pryor, TBC......

A pretty impressive list of guys performing over and above what was expected.

You didn't really expect me to follow the instructions did you?

Edelman.

At least I knew the McGowan, Guyton, TBCs of the world were bonafide NFL players. Edelman? He's this year's Matt Cassel. Heck, I half expect him to be traded along with Adalius Thomas' dilapidated carcass for KC's 2nd-rounder once next year's free agency starts.

Got to go with Guyton. Considering how bad this team needed LB's, to find this guy as an undrafted Free Agent in the same class we got Mayo is like hitting a double down. This kid isn't just a nice fill in back up, this kid can play, he's shown this year that he can handle starting at MLB, and OLB, and play both well, not to mention he's the fastest LB we have.:toast:

The whole defense. Pick a name. (Except Wilfork. I guess. I would expect him to do well)

Back