Movie - District 9

jayShomp

Reaction score
Anyone else see this yet or plan on it? Best movie of the Summer so far for me. SciFi movie with good acting and a good story with nice special effects but didn't rely on them. Part of it told as a docudrama which was very well done. I was worried the whole movie was going to be like that making it feel gimmicky but thankfully it wasn't.

Anyone else see this yet or plan on it? Best movie of the Summer so far for me. SciFi movie with good acting and a good story with nice special effects but didn't rely on them. Part of it told as a docudrama which was very well done. I was worried the whole movie was going to be like that making it feel gimmicky but thankfully it wasn't.
what is it about? I am a maturing person so I am not ^Up on what you youngish folkes are featuring these dazes :blink:

izit like Blade Runner but w/ T&A innit? :grovel:

what is it about? I am a maturing person so I am not ^Up on what you youngish folkes are featuring these dazes :blink:

izit like Blade Runner but w/ T&A innit? :grovel:
I'm too lazy to explain, but here's a trailer :)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dNr5qdQN5q4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dNr5qdQN5q4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This looks like a good movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it when the opportunity arises.

I'm too lazy to explain, but here's a trailer :)

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dNr5qdQN5q4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>
thanx....I look'd it up on the IMDB :jerkit: ROFL

The first science fiction masterpiece for years, <small>13 August 2009</small>
100.gif

<small>Author:</small> NonSequitur_1 <small>from Australia</small>
I do not give out ratings of 10 lightly, but here it is - the first film in years that has been deserving of the rating.

Neill Blomkamp brings to screens a fantastic, gritty, realistic piece of science fiction with District 9. Not since Ridley Scott's "Blade Runner", John Carpenter's "The Thing", or James Cameron's "Aliens" have we seen a science fiction film with a vision of this caliber.
:LOL: I had no idea what I was posting was so dead on then......gawd I'm good!! :archive: :D

thanx....I look'd it up on the IMDB :jerkit: ROFL

:LOL: I had no idea what I was posting was so dead on then......gawd I'm good!! :archive: :D
But it's not like Blade Runner so you fail :D

You need to see the Hangover then if that is the best Movie you seen in the SUmmer.

You need to see the Hangover then if that is the best Movie you seen in the SUmmer.

I do want to see the Hangover but I highly doubt I would like it better. I appreciate a well done Scifi movie more than a well done comedy. They're much more rare

I do want to see the Hangover but I highly doubt I would like it better. I appreciate a well done Scifi movie more than a well done comedy. They're much more rare

They are rare I agree. SO far the best Scifi Movie I seen this year is Star Trek now that was a good Movie. I might watch this Movie tomorrow.

Did you watch BSG then? THey are going to make a movie of it which some fans are not too thrilled about. I will miss that show that was so wrongly snubbed by the Emmys. Seriously the best drama on TV and they gave 30 Rock 22 nominations! :)

Did you watch BSG then? THey are going to make a movie of it which some fans are not too thrilled about. I will miss that show that was so wrongly snubbed by the Emmys. Seriously the best drama on TV and they gave 30 Rock 22 nominations! :)
Funny I never watched the new ones but I did the originals which I loved. A movie huh? That explains all the sales they have for the series right now. I will watch it, I've been meaning to forever but keep getting sidetracked.

Interesting side note, The Hangover had a bigger budget than District 9 :blink:

Funny I never watched the new ones but I did the originals which I loved. A movie huh? That explains all the sales they have for the series right now. I will watch it, I've been meaning to forever but keep getting sidetracked.

Interesting side note, The Hangover had a bigger budget than District 9 :blink:

I never watched the originals. :) The series was magnificent for the most part! Make sure you start with the movie that started the series.

I'm taking the O.Z.O. clan to see it next weekend when O.Z.O. Jr. and Mrs. O.Z.O are back home.

Just getting home from seeing this movie, pretty cool

Gonna have to get to this one. I thought the trailer looked great, but I've been hearing very good things from people who've seen it.

Great movie! Of course just what I would expect from Peter Jackson. The guy is a genius storyteller and once again finds a way to weave the very powerful human drama into a fantasy/sci-fi flick. You will not be disappointed.

Great movie! Of course just what I would expect from Peter Jackson. The guy is a genius storyteller and once again finds a way to weave the very powerful human drama into a fantasy/sci-fi flick. You will not be disappointed.

My hubby just informed me that we are going to see it at noon today.

It was not what I expected at all but PJ at the helm I loved it

Back