Mr. Clutch

tonyto36

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/SprowESPN/status/666055908032692224/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Amendola started out seemingly as a moderate bust, but since the Ravens playoff game last year he has been on fire and making really clutch catch and runs in tough situations. On ESPN it said of that picture the difference between where Amendola caught the ball in that picture and where he ended up (6 yards down field) literally doubled the Patriots winning expectancy from roughly 18% to 36%.

Couldn't be more wrong.

DA balled so hard his very first game he tore a groin muscle from a bone sans contact. They don't come close to winning that game without him.

Maybe he tried to come back too soon. And the numbers explainable suffered. But when healthy and given the chance he's excelled all the time.

I never understood the DA hate. I get that he had an injury history before he got here, but he's a perfect fit to this offense. Great signing. Guy is great when healthy and it's very rare for me to get excited about a WR

I thought this was a troy brown or Edelman thread . Amendola has had one hell of a 1 year & half . Now he's the #1 WR on the team.

Couldn't be more wrong.

DA balled so hard his very first game he tore a grin muscle from a bone sans contact. They don't come close to winning that game without him.

Maybe he tried to come back too soon. And the numbers explainable suffered. But when healthy and given the chance he's excelled all the time.

I tore my grin muscle once. Got kicked out of several parties. :frown:

Cheers, BostonTim

Amendola was "supposed" to be what Edelman is right now (aside from injured, I mean). Between his own health, and Jules' ascent, he didn't make the immediate impact. But is there any questioning of his value now, at this point? Certainly not.

He started off hot but one knock against him was that he couldn't stay healthy. That sort of played out that first year. He's been solid since.

I actually thought this was about Ghost.

Danny is coming in when we needed him. May he continue to do so.

Time for Scott Chandler and Lafell to step up now as well to share the load.

Though in Chandlers defense, he's not getting a lot of snaps due to the O Line situation and therefore the need to have a blocker like Williams in there.

Though in Chandlers defense, he's not getting a lot of snaps due to the O Line situation and therefore the need to have a blocker like Williams in there.

That could change once Vollmer & cannon come back. I would like chandler to get a lot more involved in the passing game. What better time to do it . Then against his former team.

Couldn't be more wrong.

DA balled so hard his very first game he tore a groin muscle from a bone sans contact. They don't come close to winning that game without him.

This, the guy was a warrior playing with that injury. I never thought bust at all, just bad luck.

I admit it I hated the signing . He only had 3 impressive games his first year . Bashed him a lot. While playing on one good leg. It took 1/2 half into his 2nd year. Til he started making a impact on the team. He had a huge playoffs .

Chandler needs to stop dropping passes that would obtain 1st downs and copious yards after catch. He was horrible in the Redskins game, and dropped another catchable ball last night. I get that he had a TD reception, but he's had numerous opportunities, so I agree, he does need to step up.

I'm not worried about Lafell. He's solid and he'll be fine. Chandler is the key

I think many were dissapointed with Amendola because he more or less got the same contract Welker got in Denver, and were concidered his replacement. He hasn't been close to getting Welkers numbers.

This offense have evolved a lot since then and Amendola is a very important piece of the pussle, even though Edelman steped up and took the spotlight Amendola were expected to have.

Couldn't be more wrong.

I do remember that game. And I was one of those that were supporting him.

But to act like he hadn't been a bust up until the playoffs last year is just being a homer. He was brought in to fill Welker's shoes and hadn't come even remotely close to that. He had become nothing but a solid backup for Edelman until the playoffs where they seem to have greatly expanded his roll since then.

Last year he played 16 regular season games and had 24 catches. He was paid IIRC about 6 million dollars. That is a huge bust of a free agent signing. He was never a bad player, but he had 100% not come even close to what the Patriots expected or hoped when they signed him. That is a moderate bust absolutely.

DA has definitely made more of his opportunities in 2015 than prior, aside from his very first game against Buffalo. He'll be invaluable going forward.

I agree though, OL health and getting Chandler going will be huge. Gronk is going to see a lot of double teams so Brady is going to need 1-2 extra weapons outside DA who can make things happen. What's up with Martin? He healthy?

I do remember that game. And I was one of those that were supporting him.

But to act like he hadn't been a bust up until the playoffs last year is just being a homer. He was brought in to fill Welker's shoes and hadn't come even remotely close to that. He had become nothing but a solid backup for Edelman until the playoffs where they seem to have greatly expanded his roll since then.

Last year he played 16 regular season games and had 24 catches. He was paid IIRC about 6 million dollars. That is a huge bust of a free agent signing. He was never a bad player, but he had 100% not come even close to what the Patriots expected or hoped when they signed him. That is a moderate bust absolutely.

Or....

That first game was a snapshot of exactly what they thought they had: a guy who plays balls out every snap and was capable of putting the team on his shoulders and carrying them to victory.

Then, he tears a muscle off a bone by sheer exertion and effort. No contact.

Edelman, who the team LET walk and find a contract anywhere he could, becomes the second option to fill WWs shoes and blossoms into what he is today. JE seized the opportunity. Just as TB did. I'm sure that's a factor in their connection with each other.

But that doesn't diminish DAs abilities. His targets were just lessened with JEs emergence and productivity.

But when you've had to go to DA, he's still shined.

Back