Mr. Robert Kraft

patsfanroach

Reaction score
We really have to be one of the luckiest fan bases out there. Watching this man deal with the loss of his wife while helping to broker a new CBA and doing it all with such class. I just saw his comments with the other owners and he was BY FAR the most well spoken (I know, not really his strength) and the most intelligent sounding man there. He spoke HIGHLY of not only Mr. Godell but also of Mr SMith who represented so many players in this negotiations. Then to see Jeff Saturday speak of Mr Kraft and Mrs Kraft in such high regard. Clearly the man means more to the NFL than we all really knew. Never mind what he has done for this team: Keeping them here, building a new stadium, bringing in BB, enjoying the titles as much if not mare than we all did, dancing with Ty Law and now all of this with the new CBA. I for one want to thank the Kraft family for ALL of what they have done and I want to wish them the best in their clear time of need.

We really have to be one of the luckiest fan bases out there. Watching this man deal with the loss of his wife while helping to broker a new CBA and doing it all with such class. I just saw his comments with the other owners and he was BY FAR the most well spoken (I know, not really his strength) and the most intelligent sounding man there. He spoke HIGHLY of not only Mr. Godell but also of Mr SMith who represented so many players in this negotiations. Then to see Jeff Saturday speak of Mr Kraft and Mrs Kraft in such high regard. Clearly the man means more to the NFL than we all really knew. Never mind what he has done for this team: Keeping them here, building a new stadium, bringing in BB, enjoying the titles as much if not mare than we all did, dancing with Ty Law and now all of this with the new CBA. I for one want to thank the Kraft family for ALL of what they have done and I want to wish them the best in their clear time of need.

Hear hear! My heart still aches about Myra and thinking that she won't be in the owners box this fall.

Just said in another thread:

Mr. Kraft: Now and forever: the man.

Cheers, BostonTim

He might be the best owner we have ever had in New England. As far as Mrs Kraft is concerned I bet she will have a front row seat from heaven to watch her beloved Patriots winning the Superbowl this year.

Received this in my e-mail a short time ago.... (mailed to all STH's)

Dear Ras:

Earlier today, NFL owners and NFL players voted to ratify a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, ending the current NFL work stoppage.

We know that the last five months were difficult for those who are passionate about the NFL and we want to thank you for both your continued support and patience throughout the process of reorganizing the league's labor system.

For many of our season ticket holders, this offseason was the first that the discussions surrounding the NFL centered on the business of the game rather than the game itself. It was the first time that we experienced a work stoppage during our 17 years of ownership and we hope that it will be the last. Fortunately, the process of the last few months has ended in an agreement that in the short term allows NFL training camps to open as scheduled and ensures that every game scheduled for the 2011 season will be played. In the long term, this new agreement creates a fair and balanced partnership between the players and the teams that will allow for the continued growth and success of professional football. We are confident that this new system creates a true partnership between players and teams, focuses on a new series of rules that increase player safety and maintains the competitive balance that makes NFL football so compelling.

We would like to thank you and all of our Season Ticket Holders for your incredible support and trust over the past five months. Despite the uncertainty and frustration around the labor dispute, over 97 percent of our Season Ticket Holders renewed for 2011. We want you to know that we do not take this for granted and we are dedicated to remain worthy of this tremendous support. As we move forward under the rules of the new CBA, we are committed to competing at the highest level and continuing to innovate, both on and off the field. We are devoted to being a franchise you can be proud to support.

Thank you once again for your patience, understanding and continued support. As attention shifts to free agency acquisitions and training camp, we look forward to getting back to the game of football and look forward to seeing you in Foxborough in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,

Robert K. Kraft Jonathan A. Kraft

For those that don't know, here's what he said:
"I'd like to apologize to the fans, that for the last 5, 6 months we've been talking about the business of football, not what goes on on the field [with] the teams in each market. But the end result is we've been able to have an agreement that will allow this sport to flourish over the next decade. We've done that in a way that is unique among the major sports; every team in our league, all 32, will be competitive. We've improved player safety and we've remembered the players who've played in the past.

"I want to give a special compliment to Commissioner Goodell and De Smith, because the commissioner has to deal with 32 tough and demanding owners. He's been able to keep that balance, but DeMaurice Smith has come in and he's managing 1,900 players, a bunch of different professionals, it's a new CBA with tricky language, and he was able to keep all those things going and come up with an agreement that he and Roger did together with their two teams.

"Lastly, what kept me at the table the last four-and-a-half months was seeing the players who represented the player representatives, who represented the league's players. They didn't just look at the short-term interests of their own playing careers, but they looked long-term, especially [Colts center] Jeff Saturday and Domonique Foxworth. I was so impressed with them, that they acted as principals at the table, looking out what was good for the game.

"I believe you're going to see a very great NFL over the next decade and I hope we gave a little lesson to the people in Washington because the debt crisis is a lot easier to fix than this deal was. Thank you."
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../id/4698149/robert-kraft-comments-on-nfl-deal

I saw a video of Kraft and Jeff Saturday together at the podium. Kraft just looked so upset. I can't imagine how tough it must have been for him to work on the CBA when his wife was so sick. Thanks for everything Mr. Kraft.

Mr Kraft was a loyal fan of the Patriots before purchasing the team, and that's what separates him from the other owners. We are very lucky to have a decent man running the show; one who is smart enough to let those he hires do their jobs. I'm not surprised he was the peacemaker and the wisest counsel present during these tough months of contract negotiations, even while facing the personal loss of his wife.

Thank you, Mr Kraft.

The whole Kraft family seems to be the definition of "class act" :thumb:

And when the Herald's Ian Rappaport tweeted Kraft's statement, the asswipe Ron Borges tweeted back that he should be apologizing for the high parking prices.

Nice job Borges. Kraft dedicates his time to resolving this issue while his beloved wife of 48 years is dying, players and owners praise him for his incredible dedication and you need to throw this crap out.

Not enough bad things can happen to Borges :mad:

Mr Kraft was a loyal fan of the Patriots before purchasing the team, and that's what separates him from the other owners. We are very lucky to have a decent man running the show; one who is smart enough to let those he hires do their jobs. I'm not surprised he was the peacemaker and the wisest counsel present during these tough months of contract negotiations, even while facing the personal loss of his wife.

Thank you, Mr Kraft.

Mr Kraft sat on the same frozen hemorrhoid inducing benches in the old stadium that we sat in. Take that plus YEARS of successful business operations and an AMAZING wife and great children and you have a GREAT sports team owner. :patriots!

I just saw Jeff Saturday and Bob Kraft and I was on the verge of tears.. Bob looked soo sad and it breaks my heart to see him like that...

Just heard Breer say that Kraft flew De Smith on his own private plane when talks were in Boston.
I love Mr. Kraft. I am not sure I could have been a good enough person to put aside any ill will for my opposition even though it was best for the big picture. Let alone on top of losing his beloved wife.
And FU Borges....with spikes from a rusty fence.

Apparently Smith, Drew Brees and Mr. Kraft were on an elevator together right after the announcement. SMith asked who would win the superbowl. Brees smiled and Mr Kraft said that it was a silly question but did not have to answer...lol. This is a good sign that things are past the bad feelings. A major owner, the leader of the union and one of the players named in the case all together having a laugh. Are you ready for some football?

He might be the toughest Patriot we have to still fight to get a deal through during his wife's sickness and eventual death. Seeing the video with him and Saturday made me very, very sad but it makes me feel better knowing that Myra is in a better place now.

I don't know him personally, but I do know that Mr. Kraft is a good hearted human being and a great owner.

And when the Herald's Ian Rappaport tweeted Kraft's statement, the asswipe Ron Borges tweeted back that he should be apologizing for the high parking prices.

Nice job Borges. Kraft dedicates his time to resolving this issue while his beloved wife of 48 years is dying, players and owners praise him for his incredible dedication and you need to throw this crap out.

Not enough bad things can happen to Borges :mad:

I have more class on the tip of my dick, than Ron Borges has in his entire body! :mad:

Back