Mrs B's Training Camp Reports 7/27 AM

bruschifan1

Training Camp Fixture
Reaction score
Website
www.patriotworld.com
Finally home! Here's the first report. Not sure if I should post the blog link each session or post the body here but for the first one here goes.

http://patriotscampreports.com

TC Opening Session 8:45-10:45 July 27, 2007

Just got home from the first training camp session of the 2007 season. I’m starting off with my usual disclaimers just so that we’re all on the same page. First off, I’m just a fan who is passionate about her team and attends camp each day. I’m not a member of the “media” and don’t have a press credential nor access to the any of their team generated paperwork. I sit on the hill and write what I observe and what I feel; I may not always get it right and never claim to be a football guru as I am still learning something every day.

Admittedly, I considered forgoing posting reports this year because there are so many other sources reporting (and posting) directly from camp that by the time I get home, most has already been said, but due to the overwhelming response from fellow fans to continue I decided to do so. Of course, I may not have anything new to add except my perspective but that’s the best I can.

I haven’t read anybody else’s stuff at this point yet so I don’t know what’s already been covered but decided to instead to take this time to make my post so here we go… Let Mrs. B’s Training Camp Reports begin!

* I attended the session with Big Al and my son Jake and headed out early to have plenty of time to settle in to my usual spot on the hill. The south entrance at P8 was not clearly marked as being the Training Camp entrance so we missed it and needed to go around to P1 and enter from the north. We parked in front of the West Suites where the Patriots Experience is usually set up. I didn’t see it anywhere so perhaps it hasn’t started yet.
* The place was completely MOBBED, with the stands, lower hill and upper hill completely full. Naturally, I sat by the media tent on the grass at the top of the hill while Al made his way down to the ropes to take pictures.
* Guys were in full pads with Maroney and Seau wearing red no contact jerseys. (Naturally, the QBs were in red as well which is the norm.)
* Everyone was sporting a #91 decal on their helmets in memory of Marquise Hill. (Big Al’s tip.)
* Tedy got the first noticeable entrance ovation followed by the biggest one of the day which was for Randy Moss.
* There was no sign of Dante Stallworth, Kareem Brown, nor any of the Puppies.
* Josh Miller was fully suited up but didn’t make a single punt. Tom Malone(#1) was horrible so Danny Baugher (#5) was the best out there today.
* Health Evans got the first “Belichick Tutorial” for his blocking techniques.
* I saw a new drill today in which there was a large ring (like a 10ft hoola-hoop) placed on the ground and a towel was dropped just inside the rim. The DBs ran around the curve and had to drop their hand to scoop it up on the way by.
* Moss makes everything look soooo easy! I was impressed with his attitude out there as well. He dropped a pass from Brady during drills and was clearly pissed at himself. Throughout the day, he would follow through after catching his passes and didn’t dog it. He made some great catches over the middle from Brady, and blew by Willie Andrews for an impressive sure TD at one point. Then, after practice he went over and signed although it wasn’t his units turn. Good start :)
* Brady’s went to Welker quite a bit today and it’s nice to see jersey #83 represented so well.
* Cassell was WAY off today, overthrowing his intended targets more often than not.
* Tedy broke up a couple of passes but I couldn’t see the intended TE down the other end of the field, on one and the other was intended for Garrett Mills (#45)
* Ellis Hobbs left the field at one point but did return before the end of practice.
* Kyle Brady took down Justin Rogers on a drill but I’m still awaiting the “Opening Pop” of camp. (C’mon Tedy and/or Rodney!)
* Gostkowski was kicking field goals in the opposite endzone at the end of practice.
* Running Backs signed today and Vrabel, Moss, and Brady were the extras that I could see.
* Overall it was a pretty low-key camp session, mobbed with fans and media. I’m learning the roster and hope to have it down pat early this year. :)

I’ll be heading back to the evening session, but for now I have a puppy that needs attention. Also, from what I got for info, the question of camp being “closed” in the rain is the same policy as in the past. While there is no public access to view camp in person, they won’t turn you away if you show up and will allow you to still watch inside of Gillette Stadium. Not sure if it’s completely official but I did get that from someone who works there.

Pictures uploaded to Flickr and Podcast to follow.

I have to say that I enjoy reading your review waaaaaay more than that of the media. I respect your opinion more than theirs at this point.

Keep up the good work and let me know how Rosey is doing in drills.

TYVM Mrs. B :thumb: :thumb:

your reports set The Standard long ago for the guys who now get paid to do their blogs for the local area print media

you will ALWAYS have an audience for your voice

:jclap: :clap: :jclap: :clap:

Thank you for your info, Mrs. B., and keep it going if you can. Yours is the perspective of a fan, and that's something we don't get anywhere else, as it pertains to training camp.

So it was Willie Anderson that Randy Moss ran by and caught the long bomb against? Okay....and I like Willie Andrews.

When I was walking toward the seats, I heard a big ovation, and I think it was the first big ovation, but I didn't know exactly what it was for. And you're telling us it was for Tedy Bruschi...cool!

The place Was packed today, wasn't it?

Good good times

Steve1 on 07-27-2007 at 01:43 PM said:
Thank you for your info, Mrs. B., and keep it going if you can. Yours is the perspective of a fan, and that's something we don't get anywhere else, as it pertains to training camp.

So it was Willie Anderson that Randy Moss ran by and caught the long bomb against? Okay....and I like Willie Andrews.

When I was walking toward the seats, I heard a big ovation, and I think it was the first big ovation, but I didn't know exactly what it was for. And you're telling us it was for Tedy Bruschi...cool!

The place Was packed today, wasn't it?

Good good times
speaking of being packed, Steve1........

how did Mankins look today........in those tight, form-fitting, shiny, sweat-drenched football pants? drool

RoadGrader on 07-27-2007 at 01:49 PM said:
speaking of being packed, Steve1........

how did Mankins look today........in those tight, form-fitting, shiny, sweat-drenched football pants? drool

I can't confirm or deny any reports thereabouts....I wasn't checking out the o-lineman's packages this time around....but some of the ladies in the stands were quite nice to observe....yesss

Thanks Karen.... You rock :thumb:

Seriously, you can never give up your reports.

By not being a member of the media, your reports are much more fan friendly.

News for the fans from a fan. ;)

Plus, yours have much, MUCH, more of a personal touch than those media hounds'. And that's what makes yours so great.

Keep up the awesome work. :clap:

Great job Mrs B. as usual.

Does AD look as big as people were saying? For a LB they were saying he looked huge in mini camp.

Thanks B ! Your report is one of the only ones I've seen to even MENTION Welker. Everyone else only has Moss on the mind.

Thank you very much, Mrs. B. Always look forward to reading these.

Take care.

Edit:

* I saw a new drill today in which there was a large ring (like a 10ft hoola-hoop) placed on the ground and a towel was dropped just inside the rim. The DBs ran around the curve and had to drop their hand to scoop it up on the way by.

That's pretty cool. I wonder if other teams do that too or if it's something the coaching staff invented.

Yes... AD is a big boy!! I'm looking forward to some great things out of him.. hmmmm maybe he'll lay the first smack down at camp, we'll see!

Excellent post, Mrs. B.! You always give us fans interesting nuggets of info! :thumb: :pat: :patriots! :pat: :patriots!

mgoblue101415 on 07-27-2007 at 02:12 PM said:
Thanks Karen.... You rock :thumb:

Seriously, you can never give up your reports.

By not being a member of the media, your reports are much more fan friendly.

News for the fans from a fan. ;)

Plus, yours have much, MUCH, more of a personal touch than those media hounds'. And that's what makes yours so great.

Keep up the awesome work. :clap:
Perfectly said.

I seriously get a tingle when I first see these posted. :)

Mrs. B, you are awesome. Greta tid bits that the media did not even mention. I agree on the Welker info-thanks, he is of special interst as he is my adoptee for the season. This is my first time reading your reports and I look for to reading them from now on. You are da bomb!

jaychamp on 07-27-2007 at 01:55 PM said:
Perfectly said.

I seriously get a tingle when I first see these posted. :)

Ditto! This first training camp report every year immediately get the goose bumps going and football blood flowin'!!

Thanks Mrs B. Only wish I could actually be there for once.

Back