NFL Draft 1st round-Patriots picks #23 &31

MEPATNUT

Reaction score
This thread is to discuss the 1st round of the NFL Draft. Should be an interesting night with all the trade rumors floating around.

The Patriots have picks #23 and#31 tonight. I'll be shocked if BB does not trade down. I'll be pissed if he trades way up for a QB.

I'll be pissed if they don't come away with one of the top 4 LB's. This is the weakest position on the team. If they do trade up to get either Smith, Edmunds, or Evens, I'll be happy.

AFAICS, Chev's limk does the Job

Thanks Tim. I appreciate the guidance, but I really don't give a shit.

A simple merge or deletion will save the 14 people viewing this forum the pain of having to look at this thread. Everyone have a nice night.

Thanks Tim. I appreciate the guidance, but I really don't give a shit.

A simple merge or deletion will save the 14 people viewing this forum the pain of having to look at this thread. Everyone have a nice night.

Now, now.

You know I was exaggerating.

At least I hope you do.

No worries, nut.

I made that thread more as an excuse to ask for separate threads for each of the Pats picks and to post times and networks, but it looks like it was adopted as the "game" thread. I could have had a better thread title.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I had both Wynn and Michel as possible Pats targets so I am thrilled with their selections. I think both will contribute right away.

No worries, nut.

I made that thread more as an excuse to ask for separate threads for each of the Pats picks and to post times and networks, but it looks like it was adopted as the "game" thread. I could have had a better thread title.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
That's what I thought. But "the group" thought otherwise. So be it.

I love the OLine pick up, the man is a little short to play tackle but that does not mean he can't.

I see him as a beast with Mason, Thuney went backwards too often with the Beef laid on him. Could Thuney go back outside to Tackle where he will face more speed than beef? wasn't the book on Thuney he could play anywhere along the oline?

So, it looks like Bill wasn't kidding when he recently stated that he isn't a big fan of drafting for "need".

Both are former Georgia Bulldogs and both were Seniors -- which Bill likes and both show versatility. Both have all-pro potential.

Wynn provides options for the interior OL. He could replace Thuney this season if Bill thinks he can't add some muscle to his game or provide a replacement for Shaq Mason who might command more free agency cash than we feel like paying for a Guard. I've read speculation that Wynn can move to Center and he also played very well at for the Dawgs at LT last season in an emergency role despite being a shade under 6'3".

He's extremely quick and fun to watch. He explodes into defenders and gets plus movement and has excellent feet and fluid movement skills. He's really, really good and shouldn't need a lot of development to contribute. Just a solid player who projects to be a really good pro. He's not a 325 pounder, but he pops people like one and he is able to pull and hit on the run at a high level.

One thing Wynn can do as well or better than any of the OT prospects coming out is the ability to cut off wide speed. That is the key trait you need at that position and he does it better than McGlinchey or Kolton Miller. Logic would dictate that he isn't long enough to play LT in the NFL, but that skill means he can at least play there in a pinch and I wouldn't completely rule him out as an OT right off the bat. It's a longshot, though.

I was very surprised at his selection, but after considering what he brings you can easily see why we liked him.

Wynn is a man, too, not a kid. He reminds me of Wilfork -- fully grown up before he even suits up.

I never really watched Michel until he had that King Hell performance in the playoffs vs. Oklahoma, which was extremely impressive. He doesn't wiggle a whole lot, but sticks his foot in the ground and takes off. Here is a highlight clip and it's worth finding #77 Isaiah Wynn who clears the track for him on a lot of these runs. His guy is usually knocked 5 yards downfield.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BuHuEdX51Q8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PFF has Wynn as the 16th best player in this draft. He offers a lot of versatility along the OL. 26 pressures allowed in over 2600 snaps against mostly SEC defenders ain't bad at all.

Michel's comparison to Kamara can't be ignored. Competition at RB just got amped up.

Wynn and Michel were room mates at GA.

DbyhSRZWsAAsD9_.jpg

Like getting an OL.

Not too crazy about a 1st round RB, no matter how he is.

Back