NFL Pro Bowl... WTF

yackittysacks

Reaction score
Not too long ago the NFL pro-bowl was at least a decent enough game to sit back and watch if nothing else was on. Now? What a complete joke. Yesterday evening I turned the tube on just out of habit while I was making dinner, and I look up and see Beckham Jr. playing safety? And on one snap was lined up like 3 yards over the line? Then he ran back and all was good. I guess. I was sitting there shaking my head. Is this really what the NFL is after? Just a complete joke on the league in my opinion.

Not too long ago the NFL pro-bowl was at least a decent enough game to sit back and watch if nothing else was on. Now? What a complete joke. Yesterday evening I turned the tube on just out of habit while I was making dinner, and I look up and see Beckham Jr. playing safety? And on one snap was lined up like 3 yards over the line? Then he ran back and all was good. I guess. I was sitting there shaking my head. Is this really what the NFL is after? Just a complete joke on the league in my opinion.

Its an exhibition game, what'a want?

Why didn't your wife didn't cook dinner :confused:

Agreed. It was kinda fun to watch along time ago. Somewhere it changed from "exhibition game" to "What the **** is this shit?" I have not watched it in years.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Its an exhibition game, what'a want?

Why didn't your wife didn't cook dinner :confused:

As I sit here in my private ocean-front estate in Brunei (a gift from the Sultan for saving his daughter's life from terrorists, which is also why Brunei has no active terrorist or militant threats anymore), it would have been nice to see something that remotely resembles football. Even Hassanal (I call him Hasselhoff... Makes him laugh) agrees, and said "This game is shit" and then crushed a beer can on his servant's forehead.

Gronk:

"That game might need to be changed," he said. "I mean, you can't go from a whole season, AFC Championship game, giving it all you've got and thinking you're going to hop on a flight to fly 12 hours to Hawaii that next Tuesday, when I still can't even walk because I took like 20 hits that game.

"I was not hopping on that plane and just be more tight, more sore when I got off, and just be miserable the whole ride. If it was changed ... I totally understand if you don't go to the playoffs, you got a few weeks off, the Pro Bowl is awesome. But it's hard to go from that game, giving it all you got in the playoffs, to go right to the Pro Bowl. You got to have your body rest, man."

Gronk:

"That game might need to be changed," he said. "I mean, you can't go from a whole season, AFC Championship game, giving it all you've got and thinking you're going to hop on a flight to fly 12 hours to Hawaii that next Tuesday, when I still can't even walk because I took like 20 hits that game.

"I was not hopping on that plane and just be more tight, more sore when I got off, and just be miserable the whole ride. If it was changed ... I totally understand if you don't go to the playoffs, you got a few weeks off, the Pro Bowl is awesome. But it's hard to go from that game, giving it all you got in the playoffs, to go right to the Pro Bowl. You got to have your body rest, man."

Maybe move ProBowl to the start of next season, drop a preseason game and play it instead?

Maybe move ProBowl to the start of next season, drop a preseason game and play it instead?

Perhaps instead of the HOF game as the opening preseason game, the Pro Bowl could be the opener.

They need to take it back to being AFC vs NFC. Maybe award the winning team a "Pro Bowl Trophy" to give it some meaning. But I haven't watched the Pro Bowl in years.

But also, it needs to take place AFTER the Super Bowl. Putting it before is lame.

The problem is people are still watching and it's on a cable channel, not network. It's still getting a decent TV rating and sponsors, for some reason. It's making money. Certainly the ratings are nowhere near a real game, but the NFL is all about that TV money, and they're getting it.

There are people out there that love the Pro Bowl. As an example, I bumped into an old buddy of mine the other day, and he says to me, "Gee, I can't believe those Patriots players blew the Pro Bowl off." I said, "you're kidding, who GAF?" He was serious. I was like, wow, ok man

MTV's "Rock'N Jock" softball is a better take than the Pro Bowl.

To be honest, I used to love watching the Pro Bowl when it was AFC vs NFC, but when they changed it to "Team xxxx vs Team yyyy" it just seemed like some stupid pro wrestling gimmick, so I completely gave up on it.

The Pro Bowl is supposed to be a showcase for the All Stars of the NFL, but they've turned it into a farce and made a mockery out of it.

To be honest, I used to love watching the Pro Bowl when it was AFC vs NFC, but when they changed it to "Team xxxx vs Team yyyy" it just seemed like some stupid pro wrestling gimmick, so I completely gave up on it.

The Pro Bowl is supposed to be a showcase for the All Stars of the NFL, but they've turned it into a farce and made a mockery out of it.

maybe they should try playing three vs. three. One team gets a Lineman, a WR and kicker. The Other gets a QB, RB and a punter. Let the ratings begin.

With many regular season games falling into the unwatchable category, expecting the Pro Bowl to be better is ridiculous.

Pro bowl is a joke enough said. A lot of the big name players have been blowing it off for years .

Football just doesn't lend itself to an all star game. The only reason the college ones work is because the players are auditioning for the NFL.

The Pro Bowl is, and always has been, a bad idea that should be put out of it's own misery.

Back