3. Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
4. Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons
5. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
6. Todd Gurley, RB, Los Angeles Rams
7. Aaron Donald, DT, Los Angeles Rams
8. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
9. Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos
10. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers

Wentz has a great year, I mean no disrespect with my comments but Tom Brady was a system QB (every q.b. is) because in 2008 the backup did well in the system.

Hey is Wentz not a system QB since his backup did so well in the playoffs? Why isn’t it the system, not the QB?

Ok you may return to regular scheduled programming.

Wentz has a great year, I mean no disrespect with my comments but Tom Brady was a system QB (every q.b. is) because in 2008 the backup did well in the system.

Hey is Wentz not a system QB since his backup did so well in the playoffs? Why isn’t it the system, not the QB?

I never got that one either. We go 16-0, Brady gets hurt, we don't make the playoffs, system QB. Wentz gets hurt, backup wins superbowl mvp...not system QB. Can you imagine if Cassel won the superbowl that year and mvp to boot.....

It's good to see Aaron Rodgers fall to 10. The players know.
Brady has a lot to live up to once again. I'm not at all concerned. :coffee:

It's hard to argue against Antonio Brown and Julio. Great talents.
Wentz had a great year and played 13 games so how will he play this year?
Again, the players know...so he's at #3. No argument from me, system QB or not.

I'd have voted Brees a couple of notches higher and Bell & Rodgers a bit lower. Other than that, I can live with this.

The Pats had 6 in the top 100 a year ago. 2 this year.

Note to BB: It's supposed to be continuous and rapid improvement. This is the wrong direction, coach.
Note to self: place that particular source who told me Brady was 4th on the outside of my circle of trust.

It's good to see Aaron Rodgers fall to 10. The players know.
Brady has a lot to live up to once again. I'm not at all concerned. :coffee:

It's hard to argue against Antonio Brown and Julio. Great talents.
Wentz had a great year and played 13 games so how will he play this year?
Again, the players know...so he's at #3. No argument from me, system QB or not.

I'd have voted Brees a couple of notches higher and Bell & Rodgers a bit lower. Other than that, I can live with this.

The Pats had 6 in the top 100 a year ago. 2 this year.

Note to BB: It's supposed to be continuous and rapid improvement. This is the wrong direction, coach.
Note to self: place that particular source who told me Brady was 4th on the outside of my circle of trust.

Meh, they've made the Super Bowl 3 of the last 4 years. A lot of it is just Patriots fatigue, and no one outside of Brady or Gronkowski gets any credit in or out of market.

Gilmore is a lock for the top 100 next year, for example. If Tre Flowers puts up good numbers next year, he'll be in too. The players know...to a point. Peyton Manning, JJ Watt make the list when they don't even frickin play.

I think the top 10 is a legitimate barometer though. Maybe even the top 20.

Also, you know how I feel about Wentz. He'll be in the top 10 the next 10 years if he stays healthy (this was not his first major injury).

Also, check Bell's numbers for last year again. I think you'll be surprised.

Every QB is in some kind of a system no matter what. So, this is a lame excuse to put a dig on someone. :coffee:

Every QB is in some kind of a system no matter what. So, this is a lame excuse to put a dig on someone. :coffee:
I said all QB's are system QB's.

The fact is when it was Tom and Cassel (even before hand during 01-03), Tom was a system QB.

but Wentz is replaced by Foles who has two of the top 5 QB games of the season, in the playoffs, as his replacement - you do not hear Wentz is a product of the system yet his backup did better than him, unlike Cassel who lost 5 more games than Tom the previous season.

The people I am putting down are not Foles/Wentz, as I said all QB's are system QB's, but the asswipe media who love to do everything they can to attempt to tarnish the Legacy of Brady/Belichick.

even in talking about the top ten, Michael, snow globe, Irving builds up Rodgers as deserving of top three because "Unlike the system QB who just stands back there and chuck it, he actually moves around making plays" (A paraphrasing obviously as I am too lazy to look up the quote).

so even in winning at 40, showing he is still the best in the NFL, Tom is still called a System QB.

The fact is when it was Tom and Cassel (even before hand during 01-03), Tom was a system QB.

but Wentz is replaced by Foles who has two of the top 5 QB games of the season, in the playoffs, as his replacement - you do not hear Wentz is a product of the system yet his backup did better than him, unlike Cassel who lost 5 more games than Tom the previous season.

The people I am putting down are not Foles/Wentz, as I said all QB's are system QB's, but the asswipe media who love to do everything they can to attempt to tarnish the Legacy of Brady/Belichick.

even in talking about the top ten, Michael, snow globe, Irving builds up Rodgers as deserving of top three because "Unlike the system QB who just stands back there and chuck it, he actually moves around making plays" (A paraphrasing obviously as I am too lazy to look up the quote).

so even in winning at 40, showing he is still the best in the NFL, Tom is still called a System QB.

I had an eagle fan threaten to come find me after he said Wentz was the real MVP last year and I said. How valuable is a player that a team can win the superbowl without him.

My comment wasn't directed to you...it was directed to the football "guru's" that say Brady isn't that good and praise Rodgers. :toast:

Max Kellerman comes to mind. And Rob Parker.

Meh, they've made the Super Bowl 3 of the last 4 years. A lot of it is just Patriots fatigue, and no one outside of Brady or Gronkowski gets any credit in or out of market.

Gilmore is a lock for the top 100 next year, for example. If Tre Flowers puts up good numbers next year, he'll be in too. The players know...to a point. Peyton Manning, JJ Watt make the list when they don't even frickin play.

I think the top 10 is a legitimate barometer though. Maybe even the top 20.

Also, you know how I feel about Wentz. He'll be in the top 10 the next 10 years if he stays healthy (this was not his first major injury).

Also, check Bell's numbers for last year again. I think you'll be surprised.

Imo, almost any reasonably good RB would have his numbers behind that OLine. It's his style I don't like even though it works for him. Hiding behind a couple of behemoths waiting for something to develop isn't my idea of a RB. Pitt has it down to a science.

Imo, almost any reasonably good RB would have his numbers behind that OLine. It's his style I don't like even though it works for him. Hiding behind a couple of behemoths waiting for something to develop isn't my idea of a RB. Pitt has it down to a science.

Science = system... :coffee:

So there is this.

Scott Kacsmar

Verified account

@FO_ScottKacsmar
Jun 24
More
Most receiving yards in NFL history at age 38+
1. Jerry Rice 4,453
2. Charlie Joiner 1,372
3. Irving Fryar 548
4. Joey Galloway 240