Nick Barnett files grievance against Quirk...

ROFL

When I read the thread title I thought that Dicky Barrett (Mighty Mighty Bosstones) got qa bad deal on a Tundra

babalu87* on 12-27-2007 at 10:13 AM said:
ROFL

When I read the thread title I thought that Dicky Barrett (Mighty Mighty Bosstones) got qa bad deal on a Tundra

You've opened an old memory. I must've been 40ish (it must have been in the late 80's) when my wife and I were dragged kicking and screaming to see them play at the Rat.

I thought they were very good musicians and even liked some of their songs. But jeez, talk about culture shock! :eek:

I don't know if I'm over it yet.

Cheers, BostonTim

Ah, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones... they had a good career going for a while. Isn't Barrett a radio host now somewheres?

And what are you talking about, Tim? "Culture shock"? If you were 40ish in the late 80s, you were 20ish in the late 60s, so unless you were in that extreme minority of buttoned-down politically-right youngsters you probably saw quite a bit of stuff, LOL. Were you a Jimi Hendrix kind of guy, or a Pat Boone kind of guy? (Meaning the old Pat Boone, before he went all heavy metal, LOLOL....)

JD10367 on 12-27-2007 at 10:32 AM said:
Ah, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones... they had a good career going for a while. Isn't Barrett a radio host now somewheres?

And what are you talking about, Tim? "Culture shock"? If you were 40ish in the late 80s, you were 20ish in the late 60s, so unless you were in that extreme minority of buttoned-down politically-right youngsters you probably saw quite a bit of stuff, LOL. Were you a Jimi Hendrix kind of guy, or a Pat Boone kind of guy? (Meaning the old Pat Boone, before he went all heavy metal, LOLOL....)

I saw drugs and hippies in my youth, but mostly from a distance. By 1967 I was in Vietnam. By the late 80's I had been married 15+ years, had indeed become a rare mass. conservative and had started to forget about my own absurd childhood. The dark, angry, physical and metaalic crowd of children acting old was actually quite disconcerting. I was able even then to objectivise the obvious fact that ALL generations need to be different (and in that respect are, of course, all, all, alike) but another part of it was that we were out of place there. We didn't belong. It remains unclear whether that sense arose solely from within ourselves or whether that was a MESSAGE we received from the habitues. It was fun, and it was disconcerting.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back on topic....

I wasn't aware of this happening until now. Here's a clip of the incident.

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEUZ7tAjOkA&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEUZ7tAjOkA&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

sorry Tim, I did not mean to send those vibes, I was just wondering if I could dance with your date :D

Bid this was allegedly the 3rd offense of using physical confrontation with a player by this crew

He needs to file a grievance with his personal trainer for getting his ass handed to him by a tiny little ref. :D

Perhaps the refs need to be tested for steroids? :shrug:

Moebius on 12-27-2007 at 11:02 AM said:
He needs to file a grievance with his personal trainer for getting his ass handed to him by a tiny little ref. :D

ROFL

WERD!

Moebius on 12-27-2007 at 11:02 AM said:
I'm surprised that he'd want to give this embarrassment more attention.

dchester on 12-27-2007 at 11:45 AM said:
I'm surprised that he'd want to give this embarrassment more attention.
I was thinking the same exact thing. Personally I would have never seen the clip otherwise.

Moebius on 12-27-2007 at 10:02 AM said:

Hey, the ref is Jim Quirk. He's Irish.

It doesn't matter how small in build an Irishman is, he'll still kick your ass. Or at least make it a respectable fight.

Friday, December 28, 2007
Official fined game check for inappropriate contact with Barnett

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN

The NFL has fined official Jim Quirk a game check -- $8,150 -- for inappropriate contact with Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett on Sunday.

Quirk was summoned to NFL offices Friday to meet with commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL senior vice president of football operations Ray Anderson. In determining the penalty, the league took into account previous incidents, including Quirk's contact Dec. 16 with Atlanta Falcons fullback Jason Snelling on a kickoff return.

The NFL has informed Barnett and Packers head coach Mike McCarthy of their actions. Barnett's agent, who had planned to file a grievance with the NFL over Quirk's behavior, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen, "This action is more than satisfactory. There is now no reason to pursue a grievance"

Quirk aggressively grabbed Barnett around the neck and pulled him to the ground during Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. McCarthy was critical of Quirk following the incident.

"I'll tell you what, I've never seen anything like that in all my years," McCarthy said. "I didn't see the whole thing but I thought the official was totally out of line the way he grabbed Nick around the neck and pulled him out of there.

"There was a lot going on throughout the game on both sides of the ball after the play was over. Their offensive line was getting after Nick a bunch down the stretch. And that goes on in these types of games. I didn't see all of it but I saw the end of it. I thought it was totally unprofessional. I thought it was totally out of hand," McCarthy said.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello has said McCarthy would not be disciplined for his remarks.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3171273

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com: Help | PR Media Kit | Sales Media Kit | Report a Bug | Contact Us | News Archive | Site Map | Shop | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information
Copyright ©2007 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.

Back