OBJ watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGouero

Reaction score
He is out of Cleveland..... hopefully into Foxboro if he falls to us in the waiver claim process. He fits perfectly.

jB9ZGJnx_mini.jpg

Around The NFL

@AroundTheNFL
· 22h
Browns player on Odell Beckham Jr.: "He does nothing. He talks to no one. He's just got a malcontent attitude" (per @MikeGarafolo)

jB9ZGJnx_mini.jpg

Around The NFL

@AroundTheNFL
· 22h
Browns player on Odell Beckham Jr.: "He does nothing. He talks to no one. He's just got a malcontent attitude" (per @MikeGarafolo)

He's unhappy. We don't need those bad habits here though.

Current odds for OBJ to land. Remember the oddsmakers aren't betting the most favored team. They are setting odds on how the public will bet.

Raiders +300
Saints +450
Patriots +450
Ravens +550
Bills +700
49ers +1200
Packers +1200
Seahawks +1200
Titans +1400
Colts +1600
Eagles +1600
Vikings +2000
Rams +2200
Panthers +2200

He is out of Cleveland..... hopefully into Foxboro if he falls to us in the waiver claim process. He fits perfectly.

I'm not going to rule him out, but I tend to think Bill wouldn't want him around.

It's been quite a while since he's been a great player, but he's still a "Superstar" according to his Dad, Lebron and his
celebrity buddies. I'm not seeing it on the field though.

My main problem with the guy is that I have seen him actively TRY (and fail) to catch the ball with one hand when he could have used both. What does that
tell you about him? He cares more about the sizzle than the steak. Not a Patriot.

The other thing is his pitching hissy fits right in the middle of games when he felt he wasn't getting fed. Not a Patriot.

No thanks. He can play when he wants to, but he's been busy doing other things.

Watch this brief clip and ask yourself if Belichick wants to coach this guy:

View: https://youtu.be/aYYeGftuN3o

I'm not going to rule him out, but I tend to think Bill wouldn't want him around.

It's been quite a while since he's been a great player, but he's still a "Superstar" according to his Dad, Lebron and his
celebrity buddies. I'm not seeing it on the field though.

My main problem with the guy is that I have seen him actively TRY (and fail) to catch the ball with one hand when he could have used both. What does that
tell you about him? He cares more about the sizzle than the steak. Not a Patriot.

The other thing is his pitching hissy fits right in the middle of games when he felt he wasn't getting fed. Not a Patriot.

No thanks. He can play when he wants to, but he's been busy doing other things.

Watch this brief clip and ask yourself if Belichick wants to coach this guy:

View: https://youtu.be/aYYeGftuN3o

no way do not want GIF by CBC

Moss was an over the hill malcontent also. That being said, I don't think he is the last piece to a superb owl win, so maybe for vet minimum.

Do you think we're looking at OBJ wrong? Would he ball here if he was happy without complaining?
I honestly don’t know but his browns teammates got along with him fine & he did spend time with the younger wr’s & gutted out some games when he obviously was hurting. I don’t even think Mayfield had issues with him either. Just for whatever reason never developed a good chemistry. Shit happens. I doubt BB would sign him without having a good long chat him & letting him know exactly how things go in Foxborough.

I honestly don’t know but his browns teammates got along with him fine & he did spend time with the younger wr’s & gutted out some games when he obviously was hurting. I don’t even think Mayfield had issues with him either. Just for whatever reason never developed a good chemistry. Shit happens. I doubt BB would sign him without having a good long chat him & letting him know exactly how things go in Foxborough.

That's exactly what I think as well. A good long talk about how it's going to be without waivering.

That's exactly what I think as well. A good long talk about how it's going to be without waivering.

While I'm not at all bullish on his chances of, well, let's list some of them:

1. Playing for less money
2. Staying healthy
3. Fitting in with our culture
4. keeping his mouth shut
and most importantly:
5. PRODUCING

I'd have to be a fool not to consider it might be worth the risk to bring him in.

I imagine this would require cutting ties with N. Harry, but it would be a move that at least has potential upside, because
Harry is beyond hope. If people out there are still looking at him like he's going to get it going soon, then I don't know what to tell them. At
least OBJ would draw some attention from defenses.

Not holding my breath, but If we signed him to a low-risk deal then I could get behind it. He's been a jerk at times, but
he's practically a Saint compared to Antonio Brown and we survived kicking the tires with him.

Moss was an over the hill malcontent also. That being said, I don't think he is the last piece to a superb owl win, so maybe for vet minimum.
I'd be fine with vet minimum.

Moss took a pay cut in order to be traded here. I'd be okay with a fourth (al la Moss) if OBJ wanted to slash his salary....no, I wouldn't. Only okay if he can be cut without financial repercussions.

What?? The guy is cancer. He's still trying to live off of one great catch. Cool, he stayed a grown-up for one whole season in Cleveland. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back