Official Boston Celtics/NBA Thread:

Don't believe the hype Celtics RULE.

I never believe the hype cuZ I'm a Pats fan! :D But suck it in general Lebron and maybe even bosch (sorry I do like wade) anyway I'm just glad to see the hype machine of the heat go down even tho celts are my guys div rivals :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I never believe the hype cuZ I'm a Pats fan! :D But suck it in general Lebron and maybe even bosch (sorry I do like wade) anyway I'm just glad to see the hype machine of the heat go down even tho celts are my guys div rivals :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I meant in general but you are a good basketball fan.:toast:

Another great game tonite by Rajon! He's played some great ball lately!

Proud of leading wire to wire. One thing lebron got his points, but the D shut down the rest of em.

Great game.

Now a few days of rest.

"It was a pleasure to take my talents to South Beach" - Paul Pierce

ROFLROFL

celts own the heat!
own is a strong word when both games got close, teh difference is the celtics know their role, stay within that role and know how to win at the end.........and they have doc, yup i said it doc, like kc jones is the perfect coach for this collection

take either group of big three, kg, paul, ray or wade, bosh, lebitch, and give one team rondo and that team wins

the heat have no point guard, they can not defend the point guard position and without a point guard no one knows how to run an offense

they have a shooting guard, a small forward and a tall small forward - no center and no pg - no general and no grunts just a collection of officers with out direction or support

Lebron is obviously a great player, despite his personality. I have no problems with D-Wade though, seems like a cool dude.

Despite other problems (no true PG), Bosh was a huge mistake. Perhaps a lot of people didn't quite understand his game because he was hidden here in Canada, but he is one of the biggest pussy post players I've ever seen. Offense and defense, the dude just isn't going to win many battle for you. Lebron and Wade aren't going to be able to win games alone, especially without someone to score in the post on a consistent basis. I like Bosh as a person, but he was so overrated as a player simply because he played on an awful team in Canada.

Perhaps the Heat can come together and use a team mentality to win, but I'm doubtful.

How about Rondo this season guys. I mean really, man is playing lights out ball.

I know he missed the 3 the other night to win the game but did read Capt'n saying he wants him to take those shots.

These Celtics are gonna be special this year.

The Celtics are my first/main/lasting love. Everything else is just entertainment.

I live and die on these ****ing games man, I swear. Love this shit to death.

Anyone else that die hard here that keeps up with every stat or is it mainly Pats?
I love the Celts because I used to go with my Dad sometimes - he split tickets with his partners. I love this particular incarnation of the team because of the play style: defense & rebounding leading to fast breaks, and a pounding offense in the half court. It's rare that a team has the personnel to pull it off.

I love them, but I have to say that football is my passion. I'd rather watch HS ball than anything else on TV.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like Bosh as a person, but he was so overrated as a player simply because he played on an awful team in Canada.
damn conversion rate...

this is a great point, Bosh is a small forward with Length, nothing more...he playes 15' out and refuses to bang...the key to stopping him is to foul him hard early and watch him fetal position it up.

Every summer Bosh would come to training camp and talk about how he added some muscle, and that he was going to play a tougher game. Despite numerous hairstyle changes, the dude always played the same. He's soft, and any fan that followed the Raptors even a little bit would know this.

His numbers were partially inflated because the rest of the team was so average. He's almost always been pushed around by the league's best big men, and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Note: I'm not really a Raptors fan, but I watched him play a lot over the years.

I love the Celts because I used to go with my Dad sometimes - he split tickets with his partners. I love this particular incarnation of the team because of the play style: defense & rebounding leading to fast breaks, and a pounding offense in the half court. It's rare that a team has the personnel to pull it off.

I love them, but I have to say that football is my passion. I'd rather watch HS ball than anything else on TV.
Posted via Mobile Device

SO true. Best group since the Havlicek days FOR ME anyhow. I am getting something added to my Celtics tat FWIW. "The Truth" in a beautiful cursive will adorn the shamrock.:)

Rondo should be in MVP discussions + KG is playing like the old KG + Ray is shooting as well as I've ever seen him + Pierce is fully healthy and playing like a younger Pierce.

A recipe for success. I am sure all 4 of those things will come and go throughout the season, but overall, you have to love the makeup of this team. Rondo has just been vicious out there. I haven't seen a player create open shots for his teammates with such ease & grace at the NBA level in some time.

Celtics as a team at the line - 25 times
Lebron himself at the line 23 times.

The NBA. It's faaaaantastic.:thumb:

Posted via Mobile Device

That's great man. This team is great. They have grit. They have heart and most importantly they play killer defense. I've long said that the best offense is a great defense and that rings true today.

The way they are tenacious is what makes us better and the team of the east. **** lebron.:Celtics::Celtics::Celtics::Celtics::Celtics::Celtics::Celtics::Celtics:

I'm not necessarily a Boston fan, but I do like watching them play. I usually cheer for them (and the lowly Raptors) in the East. I must say though, KG really annoys me. I don't know why really. He's a good player obviously, but he just strikes me as a douche. He's always got such a smug look on his face and his "anything is possible" thing after winning was pretty lame.

/putsonflamesuit

I was much happier to see guys like Pierce finally win one.

(my real team plays in the West)

Edit: Him calling someone a "cancer patient" as a joke speaks to what I'm saying.

I'm not necessarily a Boston fan, but I do like watching them play. I usually cheer for them (and the lowly Raptors) in the East. I must say though, KG really annoys me. I don't know why really. He's a good player obviously, but he just strikes me as a douche. He's always got such a smug look on his face and his "on top of the world" thing after winning was pretty lame.

/putsonflamesuit

I was much happier to see guys like Pierce finally win one.

(my real team plays in the West)

Edit: Him calling someone a "cancer patient" as a joke speaks to what I'm saying.

:doh: It was not "on top of the world" it was ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!

:doh:He didn't call Chuckienoeyebrows a Cancer Patient. He said he was a cancer to his team.

KG is not a douche at all he is just super, super intense...like psychotic. I can see how it can grate though. Hell, if Youkie didn't play here I would HATE him.

But yeah, Paul.wuvwuvwuv he earned the shit out of that title.

Back