Official Boston Celtics/NBA Thread:

They would do it & do it fast.

Then the rest of the NBA would laugh at the Cavs for only getting Rondo in return.

Rondo for Kyrie Irving? That's a Robert Parish for Joe Barry Carroll level steal.

Now, I did just have a thought...Rondo for whomever's picking Austin Rivers in the draft?? :coffee:

Who out of the big three come back, if any?

Pierce will likely retire a Celtic. Ray Allen has a remote chance if he signs for short/cheap, but he's going to get interest from other teams too. Garnett's almost definitely gone.

Pierce will likely retire a Celtic. Ray Allen has a remote chance if he signs for short/cheap, but he's going to get interest from other teams too. Garnett's almost definitely gone.

So at most just Ray?

Well knew it was bound to happen but still :(

Rondo for Kyrie Irving? That's a Robert Parish for Joe Barry Carroll level steal.

Now, I did just have a thought...Rondo for whomever's picking Austin Rivers in the draft?? :coffee:

some say 76ers, others say Suns.

Since we're talking draft, what you think of Anthony Davis?

I'm sure he is going to be a fine player but he sure reminds me of Pervis Ellison.

I guess if Davis is the Ellison that average 20 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks when he was healthy that's pretty good.

some say 76ers, others say Suns.

Since we're talking draft, what you think of Anthony Davis?

I'm sure he is going to be a fine player but he sure reminds me of Pervis Ellison.

I guess if Davis is the Ellison that average 20 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks when he was healthy that's pretty good.

Honestly, I think Davis reminds me more of a more recent player. Remember when Carlos Boozer came out from Duke? Davis has a better overall shot than Boozer ever had, but the game strikes me as really similar.

Higher-ceiling Carlos Boozer? Does that work?

Who out of the big three come back, if any?

I actually think there is a good chance that we'll see all three back.

PP is still under contract.

Garnett says he wants to return, and he can still start, imo. This will depend on the money he's offered from other teams. He's the most likely to be gone in my mind, but there's a chance I think.

Allen will stay. He has a child with special medical needs and he has said that he's recieved the greatest care and attention in Boston, bar none. He won't give that up for another city I think. The question is do the C's still want him, and I think they do. Albeit as a bench player, but I think Allen is ready to accept that kind of role at this point in his career.

I don't think it will be the Big 3's team anymore - it will be Rondo's team. Put some talent around him (keep Bass if you can, I love him) and the team will have a new look. But the Big 3 can still be a part of it and I hope they will be. :thumb:

Garnett says he wants to return, and he can still start, imo. This will depend on the money he's offered from other teams. He's the most likely to be gone in my mind, but there's a chance I think.

Allen will stay. He has a child with special medical needs and he has said that he's recieved the greatest care and attention in Boston, bar none. He won't give that up for another city I think. The question is do the C's still want him, and I think they do. Albeit as a bench player, but I think Allen is ready to accept that kind of role at this point in his career.

I don't think it will be the Big 3's team anymore - it will be Rondo's team. Put some talent around him (keep Bass if you can, I love him) and the team will have a new look. But the Big 3 can still be a part of it and I hope they will be. :thumb:
For me it is hard to not love Bass and i do

I was hoping for all three and had considered their abilities would be a bit less due any year of age to all of them.

I am hoping for them to all return in some capacity.

They would do it & do it fast.

Then the rest of the NBA would laugh at the Cavs for only getting Rondo in return.

BS....sorry not buying it, as I said. If Irving was the point guard for Boston this year, they probably lose in the first round. Rondo got that team through the playoffs. Irving has not shown that....he has shown he can play point guard and go nowhere on a team. People get all up in the air about a guy putting up 18 points a game on a crappy team....Rondo is a game changer, and a winner, he makes players better, those do not come around often, and its a shame when fans of teams get spoiled.

There is no ****ing way. None. Not if you want the team to be competitive 3 years from now.

Like I said, he'll retire a Celtic. And he should.

There's no chance. Not when teams like San Antonio have close to max contract money to throw around.

Allen will stay.
No chance.

He has a child with special medical needs and he has said that he's recieved the greatest care and attention in Boston, bar none. He won't give that up for another city I think. The question is do the C's still want him, and I think they do. Albeit as a bench player, but I think Allen is ready to accept that kind of role at this point in his career.

There are hospitals everywhere. This is kind of pie in the sky. He's not getting a competitive contract from the Celtics. Not when he can get 10 mil from, say, Miami, to play 25-30 minutes a night.

You're looking at the Big 1, Rondo, Brandon Bass, and whatever else they can cobble together next year. At least they'll have room to make a run at a FA; although FAs almost never sign here.

You're looking at the Big 1, Rondo, Brandon Bass, and whatever else they can cobble together next year. At least they'll have room to make a run at a FA; although FAs almost never sign here.[/QUOTE]

They Don't? How did we get the big 3 in the first place?

Pierce = 100% will be here. He's under contract and there are those who would like to see him retire a Celt.

Garnett = 60% chance he will be here, assuming he doesn't retire. He may get other offers, but I think he will give Boston a little discount and I think the Celts would be glad to have him back.

Allen = 100% he is gone. If even he wanted to stay, which he won't. His ego won't allow him to come off the bench here for short money. Oh, and take your mom with ya.

I'm not so sure about Ray, he may be gone but it's definately not a 100% lock. I tend to agree with this blogger's assesment.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/6/10/3077176/whats-next-for-ray-allen

However, don't be too quick to pack his bags from Boston. If you listen to both Ray and Ainge, everyone seems to believe his bone spur issues are fixable and the rest of his body and game are just fine.

Celtics face uncertain offseason after Eastern finals loss - Ian Thomsen - SI.com

Allen will turn 37 next month, and contenders like the Bulls, Lakers, Knicks and Grizzlies are thought to be interested in pursuing him this summer. The Celtics agree with Allen's assessment of his future and will be interested in bringing him back, after he undergoes surgery to repair the bone spurs in his ankle that limited him throughout the playoffs. "People will think it's age,'' Ainge said of Allen's recent struggles. "It's not age. He's injured. And he'll probably return and recover and still have another couple of good years left in him.''

Yeah, there's hospitals everywhere, but not like in Boston. Boston is home to the best doctors and hospitals in the world and has a comprehensive pediatric focus. Simply put if you have a sick kid, there is no better place to be than Boston.

I think he'll be back.

Back