Knock-knock.

Who's there?

23 in a row.

mr%2Blidstrom.jpg
Too bad they struggle at .500 on the road

Backstrom makes 49 freaking saves to shut out the Bruins on National TV. Gah. :banghead:

Anyway, it's horse-trading season again. TSN Canada has a trade list they update fairly quickly after a deal is made. They also have a 'Trade Bait' page that lists some of the players that are likely to be dealt before the deadline. I just wish that list included which teams are in the hunt for each particular player.

Anyway, didn't Carolina trade Kaberle to Montreal for Spacek just a month or two ago, and now Spacek is trade bait again? :huh:

LOLz. I can't hear you up here at the top of the league standings.
Especially with that huge 3 pt lead but with 6 potential points in hand for the Rangers. Look at every other top 10 team in the league. Look at their home / away records. Every team in the East has much more balanced records both on the road and at home. That's 1 sign of a better team. But don't fret....you still have Columbus and Edmonton (2 worst teams in the league) to beat up on and pad your home stats.

Especially with that huge 3 pt lead but with 6 potential points in hand for the Rangers. Look at every other top 10 team in the league. Look at their home / away records. Every team in the East has much more balanced records both on the road and at home. That's 1 sign of a better team. But don't fret....you still have Columbus and Edmonton (2 worst teams in the league) to beat up on and pad your home stats.

I know RangerFan and his 1 Cup since the FDR administration isn't talking smack. This is old hat for us. We've been running this league for a solid 20 years. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fun as a clear 2nd to the Wings in the league standings, and I'll be right here to join in the mocking as your squad fizzles out in the 1st or 2nd round.

But hey, you have 4 more road wins to fall back on.

I know RangerFan and his 1 Cup since the FDR administration isn't talking smack. This is old hat for us. We've been running this league for a solid 20 years. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fun as a clear 2nd to the Wings in the league standings, and I'll be right here to join in the mocking as your squad fizzles out in the 1st or 2nd round.

But hey, you have 4 more road wins to fall back on.
you see.....I can sit here and admit the Wings are an excellent hockey organization. What I find comical is you constantly quoting your home wins, while your team sucks on the road. You better hope your team gets all the home playoff wins they can , otherwise you will find yourself one and done. As for the Rangers, they are the best team in the league right now IMO . The Wings are the best (point wise) in the west....but overall, they are 2nd to Vancouver IMO. I actually think Boston is a more balanced team then your beloved Wings.......it's called a difference of opinion.....so know YOUR role....bitch

you see.....I can sit here and admit the Wings are an excellent hockey organization. What I find comical is you constantly quoting your home wins, while your team sucks on the road. You better hope your team gets all the home playoff wins they can , otherwise you will find yourself one and done. As for the Rangers, they are the best team in the league right now IMO . The Wings are the best (point wise) in the west....but overall, they are 2nd to Vancouver IMO. I actually think Boston is a more balanced team then your beloved Wings.......it's called a difference of opinion.....so know YOUR role....bitch

thisgonbgud.gif

1. The home wins are relevant because (a) we just set a fvckin' league record for consecutive home wins; and (b) we're in the middle of a six game home stand. What other wins should I be commenting on?

2. I could perhaps talk about the game where we beat Vancouver, on the road, but that doesn't seem relevant right now.

3. Thanks for your opinion that the Rangers are the best team in the league right now. The league standings say otherwise. Win your games at hand, and we'll talk. Otherwise, it's just foolish homerism. Y'all are no different than any other one shot wonder at this point. Holler at me if you're lucky enough to make the conference finals.

4. Boston may well still be the best team in the league when they're playing their best. I'd say it's Boston, Detroit, tCouv, and the Rangers this year.

5. My role is right here, bitch. Laughing at the ceiling in your arena.

Able to talk shit:

banner_640.jpg

3rd best team in your metropolitan area:

1. The home wins are relevant because (a) we just set a fvckin' league record for consecutive home wins; and (b) we're in the middle of a six game home stand. What other wins should I be commenting on?

2. I could perhaps talk about the game where we beat Vancouver, on the road, but that doesn't seem relevant right now.

3. Thanks for your opinion that the Rangers are the best team in the league right now. The league standings say otherwise. Win your games at hand, and we'll talk. Otherwise, it's just foolish homerism. Y'all are no different than any other one shot wonder at this point. Holler at me if you're lucky enough to make the conference finals.

4. Boston may well still be the best team in the league when they're playing their best. I'd say it's Boston, Detroit, tCouv, and the Rangers this year.

5. My role is right here, bitch. Laughing at the ceiling in your arena.

Able to talk shit:

banner_640.jpg

3rd best team in your metropolitan area:
Actually, the Rangers would only need to win 1 of the 3 games at hand and tie another. It's simple math.

Yipee....1 of your .500 road wins was vs. Vancouver

I already said the Wings are a great franchise, and arguably one of the NHL best ever. I have no argument there. My point once again, is you yammering on about the consecutive home win streak, when the fact remains that the Wings are .500 on the road. IMO, that is clearly not the sign of a great team. Your record indicates a great home team, and a mediocre road team.

Your rankings are flawed my friend. Rangers have beaten the Bruins both times this year and are 7 pts up on Boston. To date, the Rangers are a better team,,,,therfore, I'd rank the top four as

Rangers
Boston
Couver
Detroit

ok.....your turn

Actually, the Rangers would only need to win 1 of the 3 games at hand and tie another. It's simple math.

Yipee....1 of your .500 road wins was vs. Vancouver

I already said the Wings are a great franchise, and arguably one of the NHL best ever. I have no argument there. My point once again, is you yammering on about the consecutive home win streak, when the fact remains that the Wings are .500 on the road. IMO, that is clearly not the sign of a great team. Your record indicates a great home team, and a mediocre road team.

Your rankings are flawed my friend. Rangers have beaten the Bruins both times this year and are 7 pts up on Boston. To date, the Rangers are a better team,,,,therfore, I'd rank the top four as

Rangers
Boston
Couver
Detroit

ok.....your turn

The Wings have also beaten the Bruins. I personally don't think this is a top 10 Wings team of the last 20 years, but they're doing something right.

As of today, I'd go Wings, Couv, Rangers, and Bruins. 3 of these teams have shown me they can do it in the playoffs. We'll see what the Rangers have. I like the way they've played this year for sure.

Also, of the recent post-lockout champs, the Penguins and Ducks lost more road games than they won and the Hurricanes were 21-20. I watched the 06 Wings set the record for consecutive road wins, win the most road games in the league, and then lose in round 1 to the 8th seeded Oilers. None of this will matter until April.

The Wings have also beaten the Bruins. I personally don't think this is a top 10 Wings team of the last 20 years, but they're doing something right.

As of today, I'd go Wings, Couv, Rangers, and Bruins. 3 of these teams have shown me they can do it in the playoffs. We'll see what the Rangers have. I like the way they've played this year for sure.

Also, of the recent post-lockout champs, the Penguins and Ducks lost more road games than they won and the Hurricanes were 21-20. I watched the 06 Wings set the record for consecutive road wins, win the most road games in the league, and then lose in round 1 to the 8th seeded Oilers. None of this will matter until April.

And boom goes the dynamite...

I just noticed during the Sharks-Wings game Sunday that Yzerguy's retired number has a 'C' on it. I wish the Bruins had done that with the retired numbers of Bucyk, Bourque, O'Reilly, etc. I'm pretty sure that Orr, Neely, and Esposito were Alternate Captains during their tenure as well.

My point exactly....so why do you have to have a counter for the Wings home success?

[/COLOR]
My point exactly....so why do you have to have a counter for the Wings home success?

Because I was giving you the benefit of the doubt to pick up on the fact that my posts in this thread pretty much sarcastic arrogant posturing. It's kinda been my MO. But like, this is the hockey thread and my team was in the midst of setting a record for home wins. So, that's kinda why I was talking about home wins.

Had they not been setting a record, I'd instead be focusing on having the most wins and points of any team in the league. And I'd be doing it fast, because with Datsyuk out for the next 2 weeks, I'll be shocked if tCouv and/or NYR don't catch us soon.

Carter and Richards reunited in LA...beautiful. ROFL

I never would have guessed the Rangers would be in 1st place in the East. Your top scorer is Marian "fear the spotlight" Gaborik. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything remotely clutch.

The fact of the matter is, Evgeni Malkin is virtually unstoppable, James Neal is more productive than anybody on the Rangers, and if/when Crosby comes back, nobody is going to beat the Pens. That's 2 unstoppable lines, and it moves Staal back to 3rd line center and reunites the best 3rd line in hockey. Boom.

I never would have guessed the Rangers would be in 1st place in the East. Your top scorer is Marian "fear the spotlight" Gaborik. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything remotely clutch.

The fact of the matter is, Evgeni Malkin is virtually unstoppable, James Neal is more productive than anybody on the Rangers, and if/when Crosby comes back, nobody is going to beat the Pens. That's 2 unstoppable lines, and it moves Staal back to 3rd line center and reunites the best 3rd line in hockey. Boom.

The Penguins are mediocre. GTFO and let the big boys discuss hockey.

The Penguins are mediocre. GTFO and let the big boys discuss hockey.

The Penguins are missing the best player in the NHL. While other teams worry about what complementary pieces they might get at the trade deadline, the Pens' biggest concern is when they're going to have the best player in the world added back to the roster.

Trust me, take the current Malkin and Neal line, and add a Crosby line, and put Staal back on the 3rd line, and we have 2 1st lines that are better than anything you can put on the ice, and a 3rd line that's probably about as good as your 2nd line. It's not going to be pretty. Teams are going to be getting massacred when Crosby comes back.

Back