Red wings finally win one against the Avs, with Babcock and Granato almost getting into a brawl in between the benches. I hope that re-kindles the 97' rivalry.

Hitman on 02-19-2008 at 06:15 AM said:
Red wings finally win one against the Avs, with Babcock and Granato almost getting into a brawl in between the benches. I hope that re-kindles the 97' rivalry.

That was awesome. Perfect game assuming the Lidstrom injury isn't too serious. That was scary. Zetterberg with 2 pretty goals, and the 3rd straight shutout of Colorado this season. Priceless.

Anyone been to a Bruins game lately? The game presentation is Geared to a 10 year old with all the goings on of the Big Screen. I was totaly disgusted with the game presentation and the fact that the Bruins lost 6-3 didn't make matters any better. I long for the days of Orr!!!:Bruins:

I grew up watching Bruins hockey at the Garden. In 1994, I was visiting my uncle in Dallas and we took in a Stars-Oilers preseason game (just before the lockout) and it was there that I for the first time saw a hockey game with the annoying jumbotron BS that passes for standard fare around the NHL these days in between plays.

I remember that it was quite jarring. I was used to the ancient scoreboard above the ice and the Garden organ playing...nothing else. At the Reunion, you had all the craziness of the loud scoreboard and music being piped in, and then the yahoo "Star Squad" or whatever the fu** they called them running around the ice shooting t-shirts into the crowd.

Sadly- when I went to my first B's game at the FleetCenter in 1996, this is exactly what the Bruins experience had become.

I feel your pain...it's a real shame that the games have become so gimmicky now. Especially in an Original Six town like Boston. There's absolutely no need for it...no need.

Oh, just scored a Mike Liut 84-85 away Hartford Whalers mesh with Pucky the Whale patch game-worn jersey for anyone who's interested. Will be waiting for me when I get home. :D

Even though I'm a Bruins die-hard, Liut was my goalie idol growing up. Loved him when he was with the Blues and Whale, and always regretted that he wasn't ever a Bruin. Loved that old Jason from Friday the 13th-style goalie mask he wore when he was with the Blues.

Harrison37 on 02-19-2008 at 12:38 PM said:
I grew up watching Bruins hockey at the Garden. In 1994, I was visiting my uncle in Dallas and we took in a Stars-Oilers preseason game (just before the lockout) and it was there that I for the first time saw a hockey game with the annoying jumbotron BS that passes for standard fare around the NHL these days in between plays.

I remember that it was quite jarring. I was used to the ancient scoreboard above the ice and the Garden organ playing...nothing else. At the Reunion, you had all the craziness of the loud scoreboard and music being piped in, and then the yahoo "Star Squad" or whatever the fu** they called them running around the ice shooting t-shirts into the crowd.

Sadly- when I went to my first B's game at the FleetCenter in 1996, this is exactly what the Bruins experience had become.

I feel your pain...it's a real shame that the games have become so gimmicky now. Especially in an Original Six town like Boston. There's absolutely no need for it...no need.

Oh, just scored a Mike Liut 84-85 away Hartford Whalers mesh with Pucky the Whale patch game-worn jersey for anyone who's interested. Will be waiting for me when I get home. :D

Even though I'm a Bruins die-hard, Liut was my goalie idol growing up. Loved him when he was with the Blues and Whale, and always regretted that he wasn't ever a Bruin. Loved that old Jason from Friday the 13th-style goalie mask he wore when he was with the Blues.
Mike Liut, theres' an old time hockey name. I have a pair of game worn CCM Tacks from the 60's that I was thinking of putting on Ebay. Glen Sathers name is right on the bottom of them. Wonder what I could get for them. Its incredible how the skates have evolved for the 60's. All leather on these babies, and quite worn too!

You've got a pair of Slats's old skates???

Way cool.

The game-worn memorabilia market is pretty soft now because folks don't have a lot of disposable income to spend on such pursuits.

I'm sure they'll sell, but not sure what you'll get for them. A buddy of mine got a pair of Ray Bourque's skates for about $700 a few years back. But, an item is always worth what someone is willing to pay.

LOOOCCCHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

A rookie with good skills and leads the team with 10 fighting majors!

:thumb:

Harrison37 on 02-19-2008 at 01:26 AM said:
Panic on the streets of Detroit...
Panic on the streets of Grosse Point...
Hang the GM, Hang the GM, Hang the GM

(With apologies to The Smiths)

I sat next to a wings fan at the game.....you know what he said.....he said the wings, pistons, and tigers were all going to win trophys this year.....ROFL after I spit out my beer all I could say to him was.........don't bet real money.....>) he was as red as his jersey.....:p

chiefsgal* on 02-19-2008 at 07:34 PM said:
I sat next to a wings fan at the game.....you know what he said.....he said the wings, pistons, and tigers were all going to win trophys this year.....ROFL after I spit out my beer all I could say to him was.........don't bet real money.....>) he was as red as his jersey.....:p

Was he wearing the home or away jersey?
:D

scaulen on 02-19-2008 at 07:40 PM said:
Was he wearing the home or away jersey?
:D

you got me......it was half red and half white......not impressive looking at all......but his hat was.......I was a bit shocked at the number of wings fans at the game.....:mad:

chiefsgal* on 02-19-2008 at 07:34 PM said:

Well, there's a very real possibility. Very doubtful, but probably as possible as any city ever had to win hockey/basketball/baseball in a year.

chiefsgal* on 02-19-2008 at 07:50 PM said:
lol...young jedi you learn well >)

I bow before my mistress, allow me to serve you.

scaulen on 02-19-2008 at 07:59 PM said:
I bow before my mistress, allow me to serve you.

lol smart man......you will do well on this board......>)

chiefsgal* on 02-19-2008 at 08:04 PM said:
lol smart man......you will do well on this board......>)

Allow me to serve you with farva beans!!!!

Sorry I love my main dishes with a tasty side. ;)

scaulen on 02-19-2008 at 08:08 PM said:
Allow me to serve you with farva beans!!!!

Sorry I love my main dishes with a tasty side. ;)

what the hell is a farva bean.....ROFL

chiefsgal* on 02-19-2008 at 08:13 PM said:
what the hell is a farva bean.....ROFL

You serve it with a liver. :cool:

no habla espanol

Anyone follow College Hockey? I went to ULowell (UMass-Lowell for you youngsters) and try to get to 3 or 4 games a year at Tsongas Arena.

Back