chiefsgal* on 01-04-2008 at 10:17 PM said:
but did the gloves come off........:p :D

Oh Yea! Not mine though. I ended up sitting on the guy that I mixed it up with. I got a roughing and a cut chin. He got a high stick (cut my chin!) and me sitting on his chest threatening to beat his ass.

Kappy (my right wing that night) got his cage ripped off his head (not pleasant.........try it) and the refs sat both their asses for 5 +2 each. I can't wait until Monday when I have to answer why he should not get 5 games.

I love hockey. Oh and while I am being a MAJOR bragger (it's all true so maybe I ain't).....I did get the assist on the game winner. But that is me....all sweedish and no finnish (I mean in hockey!!!)

aloyouis on 01-04-2008 at 11:03 PM said:
Oh Yea! Not mine though. I ended up sitting on the guy that I mixed it up with. I got a roughing and a cut chin. He got a high stick (cut my chin!) and me sitting on his chest threatening to beat his ass.

Kappy (my right wing that night) got his cage ripped off his head (not pleasant.........try it) and the refs sat both their asses for 5 +2 each. I can't wait until Monday when I have to answer why he should not get 5 games.

I love hockey. Oh and while I am being a MAJOR bragger (it's all true so maybe I ain't).....I did get the assist on the game winner. But that is me....all sweedish and no finnish (I mean in hockey!!!)

wuv wuv

paperhanger on 01-04-2008 at 07:25 PM said:
That Flyer got his ass kicked.good.

The kicker in this was it was a 41 year old man that kept holding his ass up to punch him more ROFL Gary Roberts is the man!

Old time hockey coach, Dit Clapper, Eddy Shore, Toe Blake....

jonathan_bouchardjpgw180h110.jpg

scaulen on 01-06-2008 at 12:02 AM said:
Old time hockey coach, Dit Clapper, Eddy Shore, Toe Blake....

jonathan_bouchardjpgw180h110.jpg

are you a hockey fan....or just making nice nice.....:)

Well let me think, my very first sporting moment I can remember is being scared out of my mind when they showed a close up of Cheesies mask back in the 70's with all the stitches painted on it. My saddest was when Neely had to retire before he could force feed that POS Ulfie Samuelsson (spit) his fist. So yeah I guess you could say I'm a hockey fan. Greatest movie ever made and should have won every award was Slap Shot.

Slapshot is a great movie. I have coached hockey for years and played for even more than I am willing to admit to chiefsgal (I am old.....).

But watching slapshot has done wonders for kids who were timid. I mean kids with TALENT. Kids that you watch skate and shoot that have the ABILITY to play the game but for whatever reason are timid. They watch that movie and realize that it is ok to be physical out there on the ice. Do I mean cheat? NO! Just that some players need to be shown that it is ok to be rough. slapshot takes it to a ridiculous extreme that kids can understand.

Am I making any sense?

scaulen on 01-06-2008 at 12:13 AM said:
Well let me think, my very first sporting moment I can remember is being scared out of my mind when they showed a close up of Cheesies mask back in the 70's with all the stitches painted on it. My saddest was when Neely had to retire before he could force feed that POS Ulfie Samuelsson (spit) his fist. So yeah I guess you could say I'm a hockey fan. Greatest movie ever made and should have won every award was Slap Shot.

wuv

bruins fan huh......if I remember right... Ulfie did get his.....>)

chiefsgal* on 01-06-2008 at 12:59 AM said:
bruins fan huh......if I remember right... Ulfie did get his.....>) [/B]

Cam tried his best, it's hard to pound some's face in when they turtle everytime the gloves come off...

chiefsgal* on 01-06-2008 at 12:59 AM said:
wuv

bruins fan huh......if I remember right... Ulfie did get his.....>)

Yeah big time fan, when I was cruisin the med with the 24th MEU my parents used to send me videos of the playoffs, and telegrams to the ship to give me updated scores.

For what Ulfie did to the greatest power forward the league has ever seen he didn't come close to getting what he deserved. A wood chipper might have evened the score with that no talent turtling cheap shot artist.

Therick67* on 01-06-2008 at 08:30 AM said:
Cam tried his best, it's hard to pound some's face in when they turtle everytime the gloves come off...

Amen brother. Ulfie new he was going to get more then a hockey beating, he was going to get a pounding to end his career.

Michigan Dave on 02-18-2008 at 05:57 PM said:
The Wings have lost 6 in a row, their longest streak since 1991. :eek:

PANIC IN HOCKEYTOWN!!!!!

we gave them number 6 yesterday.....it was awesome....>)

poor poor peter.....:D

Floundering Flyers are hurting, losing on seven-game skid

By DAN GELSTON, AP Sports Writer
February 18, 2008

AP - Feb 18, 5:32 pm EST

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Not even a month ago, the Flyers talked about earning a No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, home-ice advantage in the playoffs and how great it would be for Peter Forsberg to return and add to all the fun.

Instead, after a seven-game losing streak, panic is now the p-word of choice around the team. Desperate is getting some play, too.

And the hopeful comeback of Forsberg, their former captain? Well, that's over, as well.

The Flyers -- or any other NHL team -- won't be adding the two-time Stanley Cup winner and former MVP to their roster this season. Forsberg, who has not played since ending last season with Nashville, decided Monday he was not healthy enough to attempt a comeback.

His agent, Don Baizley, told teams Forsberg did not have enough confidence in the strength of his surgically repaired right foot to play this season.

"He's been hopeful that he would get the level of confidence that he needed, but he can't," Baizley said by phone. "I don't know how close or how far away he feels. He was hopeful up until this weekend that he would be able to do it."

It took a hockey thread emailed to my account to drag me back here after the SB...

I still can't tak football. People at work are still avoiding the subject around me. It is almost funny.

Almost.

On a brighter note, I scored on a penalty shot last Wednesday.....

aloyouis on 02-18-2008 at 10:19 PM said:
It took a hockey thread emailed to my account to drag me back here after the SB...

I still can't tak football. People at work are still avoiding the subject around me. It is almost funny.

Almost.

On a brighter note, I scored on a penalty shot last Wednesday.....

awesome.......on the email and shot....did anyone get pics....did you win.....did the gloves come off......>)

Panic on the streets of Detroit...
Panic on the streets of Grosse Point...
Hang the GM, Hang the GM, Hang the GM

(With apologies to The Smiths)

Back