Guy is such a tool.

I like the suggestion of forcing Buffalo to actually skate him 20 mins a game. That'll hurt ten more.

Guy is such a tool.

I like the suggestion of forcing Buffalo to actually skate him 20 mins a game. That'll hurt ten more.

Was on the Buffalo News website reading comments about the Scott story. I can't believe how many people are defending him, the B's had it coming to them, blah blah. Sad.

The league is full of idiots like him. Need to stop suspending for 2-5 games and actually send messages. Some guys have reformed their games after sitting out long suspensions and the logic is clear.

Reoffenders, especially when blatant attempt to injure, should be 10+ as a minimum. It's also insane that Torres got 25 games - not because he didn't deserve it, but because acts as bad or worse have happened since and passed by with 5 or less games. League needs to wake up.

The league is full of idiots like him. Need to stop suspending for 2-5 games and actually send messages. Some guys have reformed their games after sitting out long suspensions and the logic is clear.

Reoffenders, especially when blatant attempt to injure, should be 10+ as a minimum. It's also insane that Torres got 25 games - not because he didn't deserve it, but because acts as bad or worse have happened since and passed by with 5 or less games. League needs to wake up.

This league has always been it's worst enemy. This league is full of great young talent, but they still can't get things right.

Maybe they should be less worried about players who tuck the jersey in and concentrate on things that are important.

This league has always been it's worst enemy. This league is full of great young talent, but they still can't get things right.

Maybe they should be less worried about players who tuck the jersey in and concentrate on things that are important.

Taking off your helmet for a fight? Not allowed. Launching yourself into somebody's head? Eh, maybe 5 games. Oh you've done it before? Oh well in that case, definitely 5 games. KO a few more guys and maybe it will be 10 mister!

The NHL's discipline is a joke.

Taking off your helmet for a fight? Not allowed. Launching yourself into somebody's head? Eh, maybe 5 games. Oh you've done it before? Oh well in that case, definitely 5 games. KO a few more guys and maybe it will be 10 mister!

The NHL's discipline is a joke.

What would happen if you tucked your jersey, and took off your helmet to fight?

Oh the horror..

Honestly, if they are serious about eventually removing fighting from the game, they MUST improve the policing from refs and the league itself. Without commenting on the desirability of removing fighting, you would think that a league that seems to be trending in that direction would be making a greater effort to assume the 'policing' role typically reserved for the enforcers.

What would happen if you tucked your jersey, and took off your helmet to fight?

Oh the horror..

Woah, don't speak of such things. That would just be completely unacceptable.

Honestly, if they are serious about eventually removing fighting from the game, they MUST improve the policing from refs and the league itself. Without commenting on the desirability of removing fighting, you would think that a league that seems to be trending in that direction would be making a greater effort to assume the 'policing' role typically reserved for the enforcers.

Exactly. Seems like the more the league has tried to limit fighting the more you've seen punks going around taking people's heads off because there's not much consequence. Unless you cause serious injury to 5+ people you're not going to face significant discipline. IMO, what is needed is a more proper understanding by the players of when to fight, not less fighting. I don't like some of the pointless fights between 2 enforcers for no reason other than they got some ice time so they have to put on a show. I don't like guys trying to fight for every little clean hit. But when a guy is playing dangerously, yeah you should be able to have someone go beat the hell out of him and let him know the way he's playing won't be tolerated.

I don't want fighting removed. I'm all for getting rid of the goon who's only job it is to fight...but if 2 guys in the heat of the game want to drop the gloves, I'm all for it.

Fighting has it's place.

I don't want fighting removed. I'm all for getting rid of the goon who's only job it is to fight...but if 2 guys in the heat of the game want to drop the gloves, I'm all for it.

Fighting has it's place.

I didn't argue against your position as my point was related to how I perceive the NHL's position. It seems clear to me that removing fighting is at least entering the discussion at the executive level, which is why it is baffling to me that the league hasn't assumed a stronger policing role.

Players believe they police their own game, especially when it comes to fighting in response to dangerous plays. If the league wants to remove or significantly curtail fighting, it seems like one of the only ways to get the players on board would be to demonstrate that the refs and league head office are capable of replacing fighters as the primary policing agents.

Whether fighting should stay or not is irrelevant because the league is doing such a bad job of guaranteeing its players' safety that there's no way fighting leaves the game in its current state.

So, lol @ the Flyers giving up a touchdown to the Caps and starting a huge brawl and getting 2 of their own players hurt. ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uW44plfEmC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was pretty funny!

Announcers didn't even get it right. The people leaving were the front row folks, probably shaken up or hurt with the glass and players on top of them.

The culprit is still there at the end!

BTW, I wouldn't put my own helmet on in a situation like that. Never mind someone else's stinky sweaty lid! Lol

That was pretty funny!

Announcers didn't even get it right. The people leaving were the front row folks, probably shaken up or hurt with the glass and players on top of them.

The culprit is still there at the end!

BTW, I wouldn't put my own helmet on in a situation like that. Never mind someone else's stinky sweaty lid! Lol

I'm guessing alcohol was a factorROFL

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uW44plfEmC0" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
The guy grabbing the helmet was funny.....the lady dumping the beer was being a moron IMO

after a terrible start....Rangers are 5-1 in their last 6....seemingly starting to gel

Looks like we just lost Stamkos for the Olympics. Tough break, he was on fire again this season.

Back