Once again, I need computer help- only runs in safe mode!

I did it all in safe mode and tried to reboot it in normal after doing the first 2 scans.

Sorry for the inaccuracy. I had been drinking.

Maybe the drinking is your problem, in that you are so smashed you are in front the washing machine instead of your computer.

Maybe the drinking is your problem, in that you are so smashed you are in front the washing machine instead of your computer.

:huh::thwak: You do know she's a nurse don't you? It sounds like she's trying to use the Bed Pan washing machine with an Enima chaser:shrug:

I am too ascared to do it!!!

Scared to do System Restore?

Easy solution, make a restore point just before you restore to an earlier date (pick a date that your PC still worked).

You do that in the same window.

If things get worse, not sure that will happen, just put it back to where you were.

BTW, the description of the all white screen sounds like a graphic card driver issue.

Did you update your graphics card or driver recently?

Scared to do System Restore?

Easy solution, make a restore point just before you restore to an earlier date (pick a date that your PC still worked).

You do that in the same window.

If things get worse, not sure that will happen, just put it back to where you were.

BTW, the description of the all white screen sounds like a graphic card driver issue.

Did you update your graphics card or driver recently?
I have no clue what the **** that means.

But I will do a system restore now. You're fault if it crashes :D

I have no clue what the **** that means.

But I will do a system restore now. You're fault if it crashes :D

OK, assuming you're running XP you get to system restore

Start/all programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

The first window will give you a choice to create a restore point or restore to an earlier time.

select the create option and type anything in the box to name it and click on the "create" button.

When that's done, select the "Restore" option and pick a date on the calendar when your PC last worked OK.

When I reboot my computer to normal mode and go to all programs all I get is the downloads you had me do. No accessories, no nothin'. Screen is still blank white.

My computer will only run in safe mode as the adminitrator. I try to do the recovery console and it tells me to enter what mode or model or whatever in. It will only let me do 1 digit and I tried 7 and X thinking maybe that would work. It doesn't and I'm too scared to try something else.

I have to restart my computer every time I try something and when I select safe mode with networking sometimes it gets frozen when all the Matrix-lookin stuff pops up. So I have to keep restarting. That's why I am taking so long to try and make this work. That and working 55 hours and week and having 5 kids on 3 different teams.

I can't do a recovery in safe mode, so I am at a loss of what to do.

Oh, and I forgot that now I get script errors every 2 minutes or so. I just press no and they go away. But it sucks.

1. Fdisk
2. Format
3. Reinstall
4. Go to step one

more seriously, save your data files if you can , then reformat and reinstall. Sounds to me like this is not recoverable .

Or take it to a pro and ask for help.

When I reboot my computer to normal mode and go to all programs all I get is the downloads you had me do. No accessories, no nothin'. Screen is still blank white.

My computer will only run in safe mode as the adminitrator. I try to do the recovery console and it tells me to enter what mode or model or whatever in. It will only let me do 1 digit and I tried 7 and X thinking maybe that would work. It doesn't and I'm too scared to try something else.

I have to restart my computer every time I try something and when I select safe mode with networking sometimes it gets frozen when all the Matrix-lookin stuff pops up. So I have to keep restarting. That's why I am taking so long to try and make this work. That and working 55 hours and week and having 5 kids on 3 different teams.

I can't do a recovery in safe mode, so I am at a loss of what to do.

If you can't run system restore, with the windows I posted, then the system is in a weird/bad state.

I'd do what Jim suggests, back up all the data you want from it and reformat the hard drive and reinstall the software.

If you used the default file locations, just about all data should be somewhere in the "My Documents" folder.

If you don't want to do that, and if it's a desktop, then buy a new hard drive, install windows on that, make it the boot device and put the second HD in as the D drive. You can then use the wizard that comes with Windows to grab all the files off that HD.

I guess I'll have to do that, then.

I can't reinstall because I've had this ****er for 8 years and no way do I still have all the crap that came with it.

Thanks, guys :)

OPT gets imaginary boobie pics

Back