One Year of Beer (please read the rules)

southcarolina

But, really, im not southcarolina
Reaction score
Inspired by the 365 days of metal (sort of), the he who posts last wins thread (kind of), and the amateur photography thread (in an indirect manner)....

OK i know im all sorts of guilty for hijacking threads like a mofo around here, but i had an idea...

The other day i started wondering how much beer i drink. Then i started wondering how much beer we as a Planet drink. I started wondering how to quantify this. Then i had an idea. Start a thread, and post a pic of the beer i just drank, every time i drink one. Other people could post too. If everyone sticks to the rules, the post count will give us a nice easy reference for how many beers we as a Planet have drunk. We have a couple of hundred posters who post on a semi regular basis. I think we can break 50,000 in a year.

The rules:

1) You can only post if you just drank, or are currently drinking a beer.

2) Posting a pic of said beer would be encouraged, but not mandatory. (Google image search should give you examples of most beers). Home brewers will have to take their own pics. If you dont post a pic, at least post a description.

3) This is not a discussion thread. If you simply must comment on something, drink a beer, and post the pic along with the commentary.

3) If you drink in a place where there is no internet access, you can post the pics later on.

4) Each beer gets its own post.

5) No mixed drinks. If you want to do mixed drinks, start your own damn thread.

6) This thread will operate on the honor system.

Anyway, i will start things off:

I am currently nursing one of these:

25095.jpg

--------------------------
UPDATE:

So i thought some statistical breakdown of this thread would be interesting. I'll try to update this every hundred posts or so.

Up to and including post #103

Remember, please keep discussion to a minimum.

Also, some of you are still posting multiple beers in one post. This will affect your total, and the threads grand total, as i am not going through the thread and counting. I am just going by the number of posts you make in this thread. Feel free to post make up posts to rectify this issue.

The Numbers:

Number of posters participating: 20
Total beers consumed: 98
Beer consumed by volume (gallons): 9.19
Average beers per poster: 4.9
Average beers per day: 24.5
Pace for one year: 8942.5

Beers consumed by poster (Open Division)
cadmonkey 32

Beers consumed by poster (Amateur Division)
headcase 7
bishbash 7
mikiemo83 7
Sucka Micok 7
MAYHEM 6
SteelerFan87 5
southcarolina 5
tehmackdaddy 3
Charlotte Pats 3
shirtsleeve 3
Grumpy_Bottom 2
babalu87 2
BaCsonkaDonk 2
mgoblue101415 2
3 Point Stan 1
PSC_Pats_Fan 1
bmooney54 1
O_P_T 1
Steve-o 1

EDIT: I thought i'd be able to edit this into the original post, but i guess not. I'll just have to post it along with a beer of mine every so often.

417592614_643ca803fb.jpg

I'm gonna like this thread. Its going to get real ugly quick. Watch out for Wednesday.

guinness11.jpg

25095.jpg

Last of my Mojo's.

Next up a sixer of Smuttynose IPA.

EDIT: I have quite the little buzz going on. If only the Mrs werent working tonight.......

tonight is
yuengling2.jpg

tomorrow will be
Midas%20Touch.jpg
which is flat out fantastic

So after
yuenglingbeer2.jpg
yuenglingbeer2.jpg
yuenglingbeer2.jpg
yuenglingbeer2.jpg
yuenglingbeer2.jpg
I decided to try
dogfish-burton.jpg

with a nice fuente chateau 50x4.5...ultimately, while it's a good beer, the scant amount more barley flavor barely separates it from the 90 minute IPA which sells for $6 less per 4pack. Don't get me wrong, it's tasty, and yes, it's got a hint more barley flavor, but for $1.50 more per beer, I was hoping for a little something to separate it from other offerings. Unless you feel like the 90 minute IPA is not quite deep enough, I wouldn't waste your $$, grab a 90 minute, or better yet an Olde School, and enjoy the piss out of a much more complex flavor.

Well, I'll make this simple.

If it is after 5:00 PM and I'm posting, assume a

Harpoon-IPA_499BC15E.jpg

The only exception may be during the summer when I could be drinking

ahhhhhhhhh.jpg

Back