OT; 16 days smoke free

Good luck to all you recent quitters - I remember how important support is when quitting cigarettes.

I last quit in October 1984 (and have not smoked since) but I still occasionally dream about smoking cigarettes.

It's definitely extremely difficult, but worth it.

mgoblue101415 said:
See, at least you can't see my lungs.

Hung out with plenty of baseball players and chew has got to be the most disgusting thing. The big wad in their mouths, and all that black crap in their teeth when they talk... Or the worst... When you leave you pop can on the table, leave for an hour or so come back take a big swig of you pop only to discover that your cousin had used it for his spit... :Eason: I'm getting sick just thinking about it. :Eason:

I hate that stuff.

When I smoked I could never stand it when people who "dipped" would give me dirty looks. That sh*t is DISGUSTING!

A few months ago a friend of mine left a whole cup of spit on the dresser in my bedroom and my daughter knocked it over. Not only did it stain my rug, but I gagged about 10 times when attempting to clean it up.

When I was in the Marines, it was socially acceptable to chew tobacco as an officer, but not to smoke. I used to take so much crap for smoking, yet 80% of the officers in my battalion would sit through staff meetings with their coffee mugs, spitting away.

"Smoking is disgusting, oops, hold on a second while I wipe this black tar off my chin...there that's better"

I quit once after being hypnotized by Larry Glick, but it only lasted 6 months. Then one day I started hating myself and figured i'd complete the job by starting again.

Then on Jan 11, 1991 I had my first heart attack (age 34- bad DNA- I've had two) and the doctor asked me if I smoked. I told him I had quit and he asked when. I said: "What time is it?"

It's been over 14 years now for me and never touched one since, but I allow myself the occasional fine cigar. Not the same thing.

It took me 3 months until all cravings ceased the 2nd time, but if I ever found out that a comet was going to smash into the Earth I would probably buy a carton of Marlboros.

Hawg. Not trying to thread jack here, but..... That's one of the best avatars and "locations" EVER!!

Carry on with the smoking thread whilst I go smoke a fag.......

KenJr30 said:
Madstork, nice post, do not like the avatar though.:mad:

But what's not to like about Wilson nailing Harrison? Or Samuel nailing Stokes? Or Rodney nailing the entire Colt offense ... at the same time?

I thought you guys would be used to that by now ... :confused:

MadStork said:
But what's not to like about Wilson nailing Harrison? Or Samuel nailing Stokes? Or Rodney nailing the entire Colt offense ... at the same time?

With all this nailing going on is this a football game we're talking about or a....

Never mind. Sorry, my mind is in the gutter.

As usual.

MadStork said:

That is actually Reggie Wayne getting his ass laid out. :mad:

KenJr30 said:

You'll have to forgive us for not realizing that was Reggie ... I mean the pats have laid out every receiver/Rb so many times they all seem to just meld into one.

nice of Dred to leave you hanging while Pats fans Bask in the Colts misfortune though ;)

KenJr30 said:

I don't know, man ... sorry, but after a while they all tend to look alike to me ... Colt WR going down in flames ... :thumb:

MadStork said:
I don't know, man ... sorry, but after a while they all tend to look alike to me ... Colt WR going down in flames ... :thumb:

I have nothing left to say regarding this matter. :zzz:

Get that godammned secondhand smoke out of my air guys! Quit, all of you!:mad:

HomelessJoe said:
Get that godammned secondhand smoke out of my air guys! Quit, all of you!:mad:

Because you can tell what's the second-hand smoke through the factory and car pollution???

Wow, that's pretty impressive. :rolleyes:

I drink and gamble, but I've never had a cigarette in my life. It just looks so....so dumb.

joephoto said:
I drink and gamble, but I've never had a cigarette in my life. It just looks so....so dumb.

I think it looks great. That's the only reason I smoke... is to look cool.

pookie said:
I think it looks great. That's the only reason I smoke... is to look cool.
My buddy Steve developed lung cancer. I realize smoking is a sickness, and I wouldn't preach to him (or anyone), but it's just not fair to his 4 kids and wife. If you're single and you want to die that's fine, but if you have a family counting on you, then (IMO) it's being very selfish.

joephoto said:
My buddy Steve developed lung cancer. I realize smoking is a sickness, and I wouldn't preach to him (or anyone), but it's just not fair to his 4 kids and wife. If you're single and you want to die that's fine, but if you have a family counting on you, then (IMO) it's being very selfish.
I think that Joe just talked me into quitting again, or at least trying much harder.

I quit for 4 years (acupuncture) about 15 years ago. I didn't even have children then, I was just sick of having to have them on me all the time (the coughing and wheezing were also a major factor). I'm not even sure why I started again. I believe it was one night I had a few too many beers and was being stupid thinking that I could have one and resume my abstinence. It doesn't work that way.

BTW, with the acupuncture it was surprisingly easy. I had 3 sessions in one week. During that week I only smoked one pack. After the third session I quit and, for the most part, didn't even desire to smoke.

joephoto said:

Okay, not that I'm comparing smoking to risking your life for a good cause, but cops, firemen, military and similar occupations have spouses and families counting on them and they risk their lives everyday.

To take it one step furter, everyday you wake up you're risking your life. You could die in a car accident, get hit by a car, fall down your stairs at home... You get my point.

I guess I had two phases to when I quit smoking. In Phase one I quit with the exception of when I was in a bar drinking (OK, I didn't have to be in a bar). Believe it or not, this lasted until after I met my wife and got married. We were at a party, where I got lit up pretty good, so I ended up bumming a few cigarettes.

The next morning, my wife started lecturing me about my serious drinking problem. She was telling me how I'm a different person when I'm drunk. When I pressed her to find out what I had done, it turned out that all she was really upset about was that I smoked. That was the last time I've smoked, although when I went out with the guys for a few drinks, if there was a hint of smoke on me, I got another lecture.
:rolleyes:
________
hotels in mexico city

mgoblue101415 said:
To take it one step furter, everyday you wake up you're risking your life. You could die in a car accident, get hit by a car, fall down your stairs at home... You get my point.

All those things are accidents that you have no control over. You do control what you do to your lungs. Smoking is just a slow process of commiting suicide.

Back