OT: Brag about your Kids thread

My daughter Kalen was born two days before the Pats won SB XXXVI.

She'll forever be my Super Bowl baby...good enough to show up in time so that her pop could see the game at home and not be in the delivery room.

Greatest week of my life, though.

JamesLavin on 01-09-2007 at 07:17 PM said:
My 5 1/2 month old is the world's cutest Pats fan! (That's his mom's mom holding him.)

He looks like a porcelin doll! Very cute!

JamesLavin on 01-09-2007 at 10:17 PM said:
My 5 1/2 month old is the world's cutest Pats fan! (That's his mom's mom holding him.)

adorable....the baby I mean...:D

My 7 month old son can finally sit up on his own, he knows his name, and can almost crawl. The best part is that he loves football. I think 3 Games to Glory III is his favorite DVD. When I put that on, it quiets him down.

He is going to be one of those tough red-head kids. :D

I picked up my kids last weekend, and my son, who is 8 and, like me, a Colts fan, said he had a suprise for me. I had to hold my hand straight out and close my eyes. He put something on one of my fingers, and told me to open my eyes. I looked down, and it was a blue "ring" with a white horseshoe on it, with sparkles around the horseshoe. he said, "Look Dad, I made you a Super Bowl ring in art class!" That made me wanna cry right then and there.....

WisColtFan7 on 03-01-2007 at 10:45 PM said:
I picked up my kids last weekend, and my son, who is 8 and, like me, a Colts fan, said he had a suprise for me. I had to hold my hand straight out and close my eyes. He put something on one of my fingers, and told me to open my eyes. I looked down, and it was a blue "ring" with a white horseshoe on it, with sparkles around the horseshoe. he said, "Look Dad, I made you a Super Bowl ring in art class!" That made me wanna cry right then and there.....

My kid did that exact same thing for me.

Three times.

:D

Just joshin man. Nice story.

My 7 yr old was taken 4th or 5th overall in the Coaches Pitch Little League draft a couple weeks ago out of about 140 seven and eight yr olds.

Patriots4ever on 03-01-2007 at 09:56 PM said:
My 7 month old son can finally sit up on his own, he knows his name, and can almost crawl. The best part is that he loves football. I think 3 Games to Glory III is his favorite DVD. When I put that on, it quiets him down.
Oh, so it's a battle of dueling 7-month-olds, eh? Let's see how mine stacks up...
"can finally sit up on his own"?
Check
"knows his name"?
Check
"can almost crawl"?
You either can crawl or you can't. I'm not sure how much credit he gets for "almost crawl," but I'll concede defeat here. Our guy manipulates us into carrying him everywhere... esp. on daddy's shoulders.
"The best part is that he loves football. I think 3 Games to Glory III is his favorite DVD. When I put that on, it quiets him down"?
Can't say that I've tried 3 GAMES TO GLORY, but we did watch a bit of the scouting combine and that's a lot less inherently interesting than 3GTG.

Beware Sesame Street! The episode with Pennington, Mangenius and several other players is supposed air this fall. I don't want our kids to wind up needing life-long therapy.

Your son may have the edge right now, but remember that Belichick's not obsessed with stats or trying to sign workout warriors. He wants football players, and it's a bit premature to be projecting them in the 2027 NFL Draft. Also, he's worried less about how they played in college than how they project as players in the Patriots' system. So congrats on your son's excellent start, but realize that it's also a question of how much they're likely to improve after they arrive in Foxboro.

--James

southcarolina on 03-02-2007 at 04:02 AM said:
My 7 yr old was taken 4th or 5th overall in the Coaches Pitch Little League draft a couple weeks ago out of about 140 seven and eight yr olds.
And how do we know that you weren't drafting 4th or 5th? ;)

--James

JamesLavin on 03-02-2007 at 08:34 PM said:
And how do we know that you weren't drafting 4th or 5th? ;)

--James

Well because you'd think if i was the coach, i would know if it was fourth or fifth :)

Plus that coaches automatically get their kid on their team.

Plus the fact that i never played an inning of organized baseball, so i would make a horrible coach. The league my kids play in have like 7 ex major league players who coach at various levels, including said 7 yr olds coach, who pitched for the Angels for 3 seasons.

WisColtFan7 on 03-01-2007 at 10:45 PM said:

I think I'm gonna cry...

only because it was a colts ring.......ROFL :D just kidding, sounds like a great kid.....:thumb:

sonsofkraftybob on 01-09-2007 at 10:53 AM said:
My kid is 3 and a half inches long and it's heartbeat is like 160

He;s starting to form all his organs and it's spine is becoming evident. He's a little pain in the ass right now cuz he is precluding my wife from having sex with me, makes he go to bed at like 8 at night and when she does go to bed, it's in the guest room.

Other than that, life is peachy.

I found that we had more sex while my wife was pregnant (sorry - TMI) Anyway - if she's in the first trimester, it's understandable. After the third month, though, have at it. Does no harm to the baby at all.

Congrats, BTW. Is he your first?

JamesLavin on 03-02-2007 at 08:32 PM said:
Beware Sesame Street! The episode with Pennington, Mangenius and several other players is supposed air this fall. I don't want our kids to wind up needing life-long therapy.

Cool post James!

He doesn't watch Sesame Street. He likes the Mickey Mouse Club, Little Einsteins, and well basically the entire Disney channel.

Here's the show caring parents should tell their cable company to block:

19jets.1.600.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/19/sports/football/19jets.html

--James

Back