OT: Careful What You Post

ron1625

Reaction score
A call centre employee has been caught malingering after his boss checked his Facebook status.

Kyle Doyle, 21, is currently facing an internal investigation after he called in sick for work then updated his Facebook status bar to read: 'Kyle Doyle is not going to work ... I'm still trashed. SICKIE WOO!'.
Unfortunately for Doyle his boss was also a friend on Facebook and saw the incriminating status report.
He emailed Doyle and requested a doctor's note to prove that a sick day was required, without mentioning the Facebook entry but saying that his line manager was under the impression that the day off was not for medical reasons.
"My leave was due to medical reasons, so you cannot deny leave based on a line manager's discretion, with no proof, please process leave as requested," Doyle replied.
The manager then revealed that he had seen the Facebook message and said the day off would not be granted. "HAHAHA LMAO epic fail. No worries man," was Doyles response.
However, the emails between the two soon started to be circulated around corporate email systems and then worldwide. Doyle now faces an investigation by his employer AAPT, Australia's third largest telecoms operator.
"It's unfortunate because it was in the public domain,'' an AAPT spokeswoman told the Australian newspaper The Daily Telegraph.
"It involves one of our employees and we're doing an internal investigation, but I can't comment any further because of the nature of what it's about.
The case highlights the increasing use of social networking sites by management. Interviewers and head hunters are checking out user profiles of applicants, and managers are using them to keep updated on employees.

:shitfan: How dumb can you get:shrug:

:shitfan: How dumb can you get:shrug:

Hmmm...

0,,5749724,00.jpg

Facebook Gets Guy Dressed As Fairy Bagged By Boss

WORCESTER, Mass. (CBS) ― Many people are learning the hard way that there are no secrets on the Internet.

More and more employers and school officials are using the Internet to do research on their employees and students.

One example is already getting forwarded by e-mail around the world and was written about in the Washington Post, reports CBS station WBZ-TV in Boston.

It's a cautionary tale about a young man named, Kevin Colvin, an intern at the Anglo Irish Bank of North America.

On Halloween, Colvin e-mailed his boss saying something "had come up at home in New York" and that he "needed to miss work the next day."

The next day his boss decided to check Colvin's Facebook page and discovered pictures of the man dressed as a fairy and holding a beer at a Halloween party in Worcester, Mass., the night before.

Rather than reprimanding him, the boss sent Colvin this e-mail: "Thanks for letting us know - hope everything is ok in New York (cool wand)" with the fairy picture from Colvin's Facebook site attached.

If that wasn't bad enough he sent blind carbon copies of the e-mail to the rest of the company.

The Anglo Irish Bank of America has offices in three U.S. cities: Boston, New York and Chicago.

This lesson in humility is just the latest example of Internet use gone wrong.

There's also reportedly an e-mail going around called "30 reasons girls should call it a night." It includes pictures pulled from Facebook pages of young drunk women doing all sorts of things.

So the moral of this story: Be careful what you post on social networking sites like myspace.com and facebook.com.

According to that Washington Post article, more and more bosses and school administrators now know how to search these sites and find these incriminating photos.

According to the Post, 82 percent of employers said negative information found in an online profile would influence their decision on whether to hire an applicant.
(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Pretty dumb, apparently.

I've always been careful what I post. My momma told me at a young age that if you post the wrong thing too many wrong times, your post will turn green and fall off.

That's the world we live in now- one stupid decision can embarrass you, follow you, and possibly humiliate you for the rest of your life. I'm really glad There wasn't all these cameras and internetz when I was young and stupid.

I tend not to visit my facebook often cause it tells everyone everything your doing! If you're peeing it says you're peeing! If you're sitting there naked it says it! LOL I dunno even with it private the guy's boss was one of his friends I thought it said.

I tend not to visit my facebook often cause it tells everyone everything your doing! If you're peeing it says you're peeing! If you're sitting there naked it says it! LOL

That's not Facebook, silly girl. That's the webcam RG hacked into your computer. He live-updates the action. :coffee: ROFL

I tend not to visit my facebook often cause it tells everyone everything your doing! If you're peeing it says you're peeing! If you're sitting there naked it says it! LOL I dunno even with it private the guy's boss was one of his friends I thought it said.

I only post pictures of my penis on my facebook account. That way, nobody can see my face.

Is that bad??? :confused:

I only post pictures of my penis on my facebook account.

Is that bad??? :confused:
No, I do the same thing. Only on days I bag out of work, I make sure that there are a lot of scrunched up tissues littered around in the background. You know, to ad to the "I'm sick effect."

Try it.

And btw.... YOU'RE WELCOME!

Back