OT: How did you find the Planet

Patriots4ever* on 10-11-2007 at 04:15 PM said:
I've been around - reading and lurking rather than posting. Everything's fine, I have just been very busy is all.

Cool....I havent seen Mrs Pats4ever for a while drool...tell her i said HI:D

TBrownslady* on 10-11-2007 at 11:15 AM said:
and who gave you the right to fix my post? LOL I give hugs and love I don't call my peeps thugs :) Your lucky I like ya ;)
But, but, but.... I thought we were gangsta.
We're still gangsta! Right?:(

dddp.gif

I have no idea anymore. :confused:

I do remember that someone online told me about it; it was shortly after I quit posting at another site where there were boards for every team. Might have been someone who posted there and said, "Hey I'm on a new board that's just Patriots." Or it may have been someone in the Patriots.com chat room. But that's the best I can do.

I can also tell you that I joined just before the Pats/Cowboys game in 2003, because we were talking some heavy smack with the Cowboys/Parcells fans.

Came over about the same time as BF80 from patsfans. That board was one of the most informative mb's for Patriots fans that one could hope to find. But the flame wars and continuous bickering drove me away for the most part. I lurked here a while before I posted my first, but I was welcomed with a sex pole (poll?) and I was hooked!

I still post occasionally over there, but the place seems a bit overrun as of late with a bunch of kids just there for smack talk with trolls and blabbering how great the team is. The substance of that board seems to be lacking as of late.

Last couple of weeks we are seeing many of their veterans signing up here too. Welcome all!

It was the weekend before the Texans game in 2003. I lurked around on the Patriots Usenet group (anyone else remember Usenet?) before that, but someone posted a link there to a Texans message board. Once I was there, someone from the Planet posted a link to here, and I've been boring everyone ever since.

The old usenet group was a lot like Pats Fans is now....stuffy, old, troll-infested, not very inviting. I never posted there. The Planet was like a breath of fresh air. Posted my first post here that night and haven't looked back.

I was looking for a Patriots forum last season. After a bit of googling, I found the Planet and PatsFans. I lurked on both for a while, and this place seemed cooler than PatsFans, so I joined. :thumb:

Used to post on Patriots.com and was always getting "warnings" for sarcasm. :rolleyes: No, seriously, I was. I'm not joking. They seriously gave me warnings for being sarcastic and "rude". ROFL

One day all these new people showed up and drank all my beer, peed off the porch, or went toe-to-toe with me naming Cure songs in the music thread.

I liked them at once. wuv

They were finding refuge at Pats.com while the Planet was going through "some changes".

When the Planet was back up and running I followed Anni, and Bid, Hawg. and I think UT ( those are the only ones I remember posting over there ) over here.

Went to register and discovered I'd already registered. :eek: Used to hang out in one of the NFL chat rooms on Yahoo and one day someone had mentioned the Planet so I checked it out, registered, but it was a little slow for me, at that time, so I stopped visiting and forgot all about it. But thanks to the Planet's problems I was led back and have been here ever since, much to the disappointment of some.

And I love it here, being the resident bitch. >)

Which is funny, because I always wanted to be a bitch but was always told how damn sweet I always was. :Eason:

The internet is a great place. ;)

The voices in my head have been moaning "Patriots Planet" over and over and over since i was a kid.

I was seeking escape from NEM's buffoonery at PF.com and saw this forum referenced during his ill-fated time here and subsequent A$$clowning.

gomezcat on 10-12-2007 at 05:55 AM said:
So, this is where half of you have disappeared to. Are you back in the US?
Hey Cat,

I think that you would fit right in here. You can be a crazy bastard too.

I will be good to have a Brit posting here with a real sense of humor for a change and not obsessed with that inferior Euro sport called soccer.

shirtsleeve on 10-11-2007 at 09:39 PM said:
Came over about the same time as BF80 from patsfans.

Last couple of weeks we are seeing many of their veterans signing up here too. Welcome all!

Yeah, I'm happy to see guys like Flying Fungi heading over. It makes me happy to see 'familiar faces' in such a happy environment. lol

Brownfan80 on 10-12-2007 at 08:58 AM said:
Yeah, I'm happy to see guys like Flying Fungi heading over. It makes me happy to see 'familiar faces' in such a happy environment. lol

Heard about it on Boston.com and became a defector from there after five minutes over here. Lots of crazies here...I think I might just fit right in....

PatsFanLisa on 10-12-2007 at 09:11 AM said:
Heard about it on Boston.com and became a defector from there after five minutes over here. Lots of crazies here...I think I might just fit right in....

Your avatar says "tackle or die". I think you'll do fine here.

:thumb: :D :D ROFL

Harrison37 on 10-12-2007 at 04:16 AM said:
I was seeking escape from NEM's buffoonery at PF.com and saw this forum referenced during his ill-fated time here and subsequent A$$clowning.

And said, "A place that bans him can't be half-bad"? :D

Back