OT: How did you find the Planet

southcarolina* on 10-12-2007 at 09:22 AM said:
I for one have been stalking Brownsfan80 for like 3 years.
well you see the world upside down anyway..

when I was a kid my brothers told me IF I hang my head over the side of my bed too long it will fall off, is that why yours is duct taped on?

*mikiemo83 on 10-12-2007 at 09:27 AM said:
when I was a kid my brothers told me IF I hang my head over the side of my bed too long it will fall off, is that why yours is duct taped on?

Wow. You can hang your head over the side of your bed? Damn, you're one lucky SOB. I wish mine was... oh, wait, I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Never mind.

Brownfan80 on 10-12-2007 at 07:58 AM said:
Yeah, I'm happy to see guys like Flying Fungi heading over. It makes me happy to see 'familiar faces' in such a happy environment. lol

That guy's pretty weird with the Anime and everything.

Hopefully all of the straight-laced personalities that make up the majority of our population won't be too freaked out by him.

Annihilus* on 10-12-2007 at 09:51 AM said:
That guy's pretty weird with the Anime and everything.

Hopefully all of the straight-laced personalities that make up the majority of our population won't be too freaked out by him.

We have straight laced personalities here?

Must be in the Exercise in Futility Forum..err i mean the Political Forum.

I used to post a lot on the Pats official board. Some good people there but the endless stream of children and trolls of other teams made it miserable there. The same things would be posted over and over and over again and most of those things were fecal matter and people smack talking like 8 year olds on the school playground. It became tiresome and a major waste of time. I post on a mb because I want to enjoy myself not argue with small children. While there are a few people like that here I simply ignore their posts and never ever interact with them, and the volume is so low its not an issue. Anyone here who makes too many problems goes to Assclown land.

I forget exactly how I found the Planet. Either someone here posted a link on the Pats official board or I went looking in search engines.

The unique combination of funny sh*t, football knowldge and a very friendly community is what makes the Planet work for me. Well as long as I stay out of the politcal forum ha ha.

harrisonhits on 10-12-2007 at 01:38 PM said:
The unique combination of funny sh*t, football knowldge and a very friendly community is what makes the Planet work for me. Well as long as I stay out of the politcal forum ha ha.

HH - I for one have valued your comments since I first came across this board, especially your contributions on the Mike Prick sickness. Although we currently seem to hold different opinions about Florio, that's what makes horse races! :thumb:

Speaking of the Pats mother board. Whatever happened to that guy SLADE? Does he still post there? Or that Jets fan LuLu? Anyone know. I was just curious. That was the first place I posted (actually as Hawg #73 believe it or not) and I remember those two guys.

Brownfan80 on 10-12-2007 at 08:58 AM said:
Yeah, I'm happy to see guys like Flying Fungi heading over. It makes me happy to see 'familiar faces' in such a happy environment. lol

Yeah, now if we can get PFiVa and a couple of others.....

southcarolina* on 10-12-2007 at 09:22 AM said:
I for one have been stalking Brownsfan80 for like 3 years.

Somehow I missed this when it first got posted. I'm both flattered and creeped out. But in a good way.

Dan57 on 11-24-2007 at 12:28 PM said:
I found out about this board via the Colt's message board.

Always happy to see another West Coast Pats fan around here. Welcome! (Those local NE posters are always talking about local restaurants and stuff that leaves us totally OUT of the loop! Plus they get to see all the games - SPOILED, I say ):p

MEPATNUT on 10-12-2007 at 01:54 PM said:
Hey Cat,

I think that you would fit right in here. You can be a crazy bastard too.

I will be good to have a Brit posting here with a real sense of humor for a change and not obsessed with that inferior Euro sport called soccer.

Belated thanks. I forget to check this forum, forgetting that it has live threads. I don't get why the f*** people would talk about soccer on a Football forum. :confused:

I had pretty much began my addiction for typing my thoughts years ago. I joined forums in the early 2000 I think. But most of those forums were just to discuss about either video games, or anything else related to it.

Also it always seemed that if there was an off topic section, and it had something to do with football, I would follow it vigorously. Since I can remember I was big on sports; mainly football. And I liked forums, but never even gathered the thought of joining a football forum.

I'm mostly on some other forums, and while they serve their purpose, the football and sports in general sections seem to be pretty deserted. I still didn't really care much to join up a new forums, because it seems that most popular forums treat newbies like shit. And they seem to have their own hierarchy of sorts to keep the newer members from rising.

Anywho, while searching for Pats pictures, I came across these really nice looking avatars. And that gave me the idea to use it (but on another forum, heh). Then I noticed it was a Patriots forum, so I thought it'd be worth a shot.

That was a few weeks back. I read the forums for a bit, and it seemed pretty filled with knowledgeable people, but also light hearted people. So I decided to register.

This is my off day, so this is where I dedicate to my keyboard jockeying. So far so good. I'm still getting a feel of these forums, but I can definitely say I like them so far.

SkiptoMyLou on 01-16-2008 at 09:02 PM said:
I still didn't really care much to join up a new forums, because it seems that most popular forums treat newbies like shit. And they seem to have their own hierarchy of sorts to keep the newer members from rising.

"Flies in the buttermilk, two by two..."

Welcome to the Planet. And as to rising, please feel free to become King. Fine with me! This place could use a good coup d'etat!

Go Pats :patriots!

Oh GOD I hate that! That's why I left beeradvocate.com not long after I joined. What a bunch of a$$holes. The jerks, to them the only good beer is the kind you can only get within a 20-minute drive of their house. Everything else sucks. And if your favorite style isn't a hardcore India Pale Ale or a porter, forget it.

I think we are super welcoming to new folks here, as long as they're not obvious spammers or immediately slamming the Pats.

Back