OT: How I would change base ball to make it interesting

The first thing I'd do to improve baseball is limit the amount of time between pitches to 20 seconds. I'd also limit the times you could attempt a pick-off to 4 per at bat.

Also limit the number of times a batter can step out of the box to knock dirt off their shoe, tighten their batting gloves, and spit on their hands etc...

Also limit the number of times a batter can step out of the box to knock dirt off their shoe, tighten their batting gloves, and spit on their hands etc...

Sorry, unless he's injured Nomie has to stay in the box. if he steps out while the pitch clock is running the pitcher can throw, if it's a strike it's a strike. I started to lose interest in baseball when I realize I could flip to a game during a commercial and while I was watching Manny comes up with runners on 1st and 3rd and one out. I'd flip back to the program I was watching and watch a whole 10 minute segment. When I flipped back Manny was still up. I know this is supposed to be unbearable tension or something

Sorry, unless he's injured Nomie has to stay in the box. if he steps out while the pitch clock is running the pitcher can throw, if it's a strike it's a strike. I started to lose interest in baseball when I realize I could flip to a game during a commercial and while I was watching Manny comes up with runners on 1st and 3rd and one out. I'd flip back to the program I was watching and watch a whole 10 minute segment. When I flipped back Manny was still up. I know this is supposed to be unbearable tension or something

I've noticed that too ROFL

and another thing about these stupidassed batters who call time at the last second just as the pitcher is coming to the plate w/ teh ball and pulls a nut-muscle trying not to throw home after seeing the ump wave him off........

I say they stop play, wheel out one of these, put teh batter innit at HP

stocks.JPG
facing the pitcher who now has that one pitch back he was prevented from throwing

Basically, many of us want to go medieval with baseball in order to liven things up.

In other words, we are football fans.;)

I have some more suggestions. Introduce some proper violence into the game. The pitcher is ONLY allowed to throw the ball directly at the batter. The batter IS the strike zone. The batter can defend himself with the bat and scores a homer if he manages to catch the pitcher and beat him senseless with the bat. The pitcher will have a real incentive to knock the batter out when he pitches and the batter will have an incentive to survive.

Back