OT: How I would change base ball to make it interesting

Stevo

Reaction score
Two Changes

1. Balls hit out of the park would only count as a double

2. Trim down the amount of pitchers allowed on a roster to 6

Baseball irritates the hell out of me

you could probably trim down the actual time spent on plays to 5 minutes to make a recap

my rules changes will have two noticeable effects

1. No More Fatties
The Slugger of the past would be gone, fundamentally the game is boring to watch. The emphasis would be placed on high % hitters that could run and steal, the game would be more tactical

2. No more 95 mph fast balls for 6 innings to be replaced by a relief pitcher

No more would I have to watch a fat dipshit miss a ball with a stick a 100 times a game
(a ball witch was thrown by another over weight dipshit)

how would taking away home runs make baseball more interesting?

Baseball should be disbanded and all baseball players should be forced to play a real sport.

Two Changes

1. Balls hit out of the park would only count as a double

2. Trim down the amount of pitchers allowed on a roster to 6

you could probably trim down the actual time spent on plays to 5 minutes to make a recap

my rules changes will have two noticeable effects

1. No More Fatties
The Slugger of the past would be gone, fundamentally the game is boring to watch. The emphasis would be placed on high % hitters that could run and steal, the game would be more tactical

2. No more 95 mph fast balls for 6 innings to be replaced by a relief pitcher

No more would I have to watch a fat dipshit miss a ball with a stick a 100 times a game
(a ball witch was thrown by another over weight dipshit)

The rules of baseball are perfectly fine. If you don't like it, tough :)

1: STAY IN THE BATTERS BOX!
2: Pitchers should be on a pitch clock (like the shot clock in the NBA)

Games would take 2.5 hours if they instituted these two rules

I think that's all you to know right there.

I'd like to see less time between pitches, the schedule to go back to being balanced (no more 18-19 games against the AL East for the Sox) and for inter-league play to be abolished.

There's something unfair about teams competing for the Wild Card from different divisions but playing schedules that are different. And there's something unfair about teams in the same division playing different schedules because they don't play the same NL teams.

And I'd like to see a salary cap (and minimum).

And I'd like to see a salary cap (and minimum).

If baseball had a salary cap that actually worked like the one they have (for now) in football, Annihilus would watch it. But that's not ever going to happen, unfortunately.

I'd like to see the players actually hustle. I know, I know. It's tirering (htf do you spell that word?!) jogging around the bases. But use your $ as inspiration, you ****s.

Run to the damn bag, rush that defensive player to make that throw. Amazing what the OB% would be if they actually tried to beat the throw.

I ****ing love the sport. I am coaching softball right now and you better believe my girls are hustling on every play. We've only had 6 practices and my girls are game ready, half of them never playing before.

Try mothereffers. Especially when there are so many people out there that are able to play the game that just never got the luck you did. Different than football. Not too many people that can excell to that level. Baseball? Meh.

I know a few people that were drafted, even from the JC level. Lol, they were turning teams down because they didn't want to play for mediocre clubs.

Pro baseball pisses me off. College ball is where it's at. And softball :eek:

If baseball had a salary cap that actually worked like the one they have (for now) in football, Annihilus would watch it. But that's not ever going to happen, unfortunately.
You don't watch baseball because there's no cap? Wow. Talk about a principled sports fan.

I mean, I agree that it's crazy that the MFYs can have a salary that's more than double the MLB average, but to not watch a sport until it fixes an economic disparity is something I've never heard of.

When did the caps get instituted in football, basketball and hockey? They weren't always there, I believe.

Off topic but I always thought golf would be more exciting with randomly placed landmines or a sniper:coffee:

I tihnk if you are not Boston, New York, LA or one of the other big market, high spending teams that Baseball can be a tough watch

imagine being a Royals or Pirates fan, knowing on feb 1st you have no chance and those players you watched develop are going to be traded away at the deadline...constantly developing players who you know you will not be able to afford when they hit their prime

to me that would be very discouraging, we as Sox fans are Blessed, we have a chance every year

Tackle. Baseball. The runner is only out if he can be stopped going around the bases, when not on a base. Tackled in between bases, knee hits the ground, you're out. Make it to the base, you're safe.

Boo-yah.

I tihnk if you are not Boston, New York, LA or one of the other big market, high spending teams that Baseball can be a tough watch

imagine being a Royals or Pirates fan, knowing on feb 1st you have no chance and those players you watched develop are going to be traded away at the deadline...constantly developing players who you know you will not be able to afford when they hit their prime

to me that would be very discouraging, we as Sox fans are Blessed, we have a chance every year
I agree. That's why I'd favor a cap.

I think one reason why baseball is slow to address this is that a few low spending teams usually compete every year. The success of the Rays last season makes it harder to say that a cap is necessary.

The catch is that teams like NY and Boston can compete every year, but still, when low spending teams do well, it makes it harder to argue that a cap is essential.

One last thing: I hate grouping Boston and NY. The Yankees spend around $70 mm more than Boston annually. Imagine Theo with $70 mm more to work with!

One last thing: I hate grouping Boston and NY. The Yankees spend around $70 mm more than Boston annually. Imagine Theo with $70 mm more to work with!
I do too but imagine Minnesota or Atlanta with the way they develop players being able to pay them and keep them

I think the reason a Cap is not in baseball is teams like KC and Pitt like to make the money from the other teams (Boston/NY's) and do nothing for it and the haves want a ceiling and basement on Payroll

hell Pitt signed two cricket players or something like that from India

Change The Number of Games Played Per Season From 162 to 81

►shorten season by 1/2 month starting April 15, ending Sept 30
►average # of games per month from 27 to 15
►immediately re-write all contracts* decreasing their value by 1/2
*any agent/attorney that sues Team/MLB immediately executed by gangs w/ baseball bats
►cut ALL ticket and parking prices by 1/2
►concession prices remain same**, don't eat the shit they serve at teh parks until they give you actual food items w/ nutritional value

Designated Hitter

►both leagues either have it or both leagues don't
(sorry if no DH, D. Ortiz, maybe ju have to be able to thro leather bro)

Called Balls & Strikes By Automation

►no more stupid fat dumbass umpires "setting the strike zone the way they feel that day"

►each batter will enter the batters-box, stand erect & be electronically measured to his body type, knees-to-chest and the strike zone displayed as a hologram suspended above the plate

►crouching down don't mean shit if ball crosses within the hologram zone even if it's above the players head as he's bent over --- fug 'em

Stadium Cheerleaders

►Yes we will have them mandated wearing silk shorts/tank tops to mingle thruout teh crowd and be allowed to provide lap-dances

**Beer

►It will be sold at a Nat'l uniform cost per park of $1 and be of a min. ABV of 4.5 and will not include teh brand Miller Lite

Defense has the option of throwing to first, OR, like in whiffleball, plunk the bastid who's a runnin'!

"Manny, weak roller to second, slow outta the box."

"Pedroia, scoops, sets, tosses....no wait! Steps forward, WINDS UP! OHHHHH! Right in the ribcage! That'll leave a mark!"

You don't watch baseball because there's no cap? Wow. Talk about a principled sports fan.

I mean, I agree that it's crazy that the MFYs can have a salary that's more than double the MLB average, but to not watch a sport until it fixes an economic disparity is something I've never heard of.

When did the caps get instituted in football, basketball and hockey? They weren't always there, I believe.

Annihilus wouldn't really call it principled....since he's not really that in to baseball, the requirements for watching are a little different than for sports he likes to watch (re: football). They'd need to do something to open the door a little bit more, make it more interesting.

There are more reasons not to watch (slowness of the game's a big one, steroids are another), but that's the main one. Regardless of the fact that lower spending teams might be competitive, the fact that such a disparity exists makes the sport inherently unfair before the teams even step on the field. It makes it much less interesting, IMO.

The fact that it's boring to watch on TV 80% of the time is a big one too. Baseball is a sport that's much more enjoyable to go watch at the ballpark. Annihilus went to a Rockies game a few years ago after they built their new stadium and had a blast...and doesn't even remember who played. If they could somehow make the game more palatable on TV, that would also make a big difference. Not sure how you'd do that though.

Change The Number of Games Played Per Season From 162 to 81

►shorten season by 1/2 month starting April 15, ending Sept 30
►average # of games per month from 27 to 15
►immediately re-write all contracts* decreasing their value by 1/2
*any agent/attorney that sues Team/MLB immediately executed by gangs w/ baseball bats
►cut ALL ticket and parking prices by 1/2
►concession prices remain same**, don't eat the shit they serve at teh parks until they give you actual food items w/ nutritional value

Designated Hitter

►both leagues either have it or both leagues don't
(sorry if no DH, D. Ortiz, maybe ju have to be able to thro leather bro)

Called Balls & Strikes By Automation

►no more stupid fat dumbass umpires "setting the strike zone the way they feel that day"

►each batter will enter the batters-box, stand erect & be electronically measured to his body type, knees-to-chest and the strike zone displayed as a hologram suspended above the plate

►crouching down don't mean shit if ball crosses within the hologram zone even if it's above the players head as he's bent over --- fug 'em

Stadium Cheerleaders

►Yes we will have them mandated wearing silk shorts/tank tops to mingle thruout teh crowd and be allowed to provide lap-dances

**Beer

►It will be sold at a Nat'l uniform cost per park of $1 and be of a min. ABV of 4.5 and will not include teh brand Miller Lite

Are you married? :heart:

Back