OT: How I would change base ball to make it interesting

I vote for "shorten the season" and "salary cap". Those two things alone would improve it.

how would taking away home runs make baseball more interesting?

Because as it stands baseball is like what football would be if you outlawed passes of less then 25 yards

I do think baseball needs a cap and that at bats need to be moved along.

But for the record, I think baseball is pretty freaking awesome as it is.

I do think baseball needs a cap and that at bats need to be moved along.

But for the record, I think baseball is pretty freaking awesome as it is.

I would agree with this, I can't really see what other changes could be made.

The season starting a little later isn't a bad ideal but it will never happen.

2. Trim down the amount of pitchers allowed on a roster to 6

2. No more 95 mph fast balls for 6 innings to be replaced by a relief pitcher

Yeah but the problem there is you'd either see the quality of pitching go down, or alot more arm injuries/guy's careers being over sooner.

IMO, the biggest thing baseball could do to become more interesting would be to have a salary cap, and eliminate guaranteed contracts. Baseball players have to be the laziest players in any American sport. The least dedicated to the game. Football and Hockey players pour out every drop of sweat and energy they have into making plays to help their team. Your face explodes? No big deal, stop the bleeding and go back out there. You can barely walk? That's ok, go out and do your job, and your teammates will carry you where you need to go. How many MLB players would be on the DL if that happened? If Mario Lemieux had been a baseball player, he'd have never played a game. If most baseball players had to play football, they'd be out of the game by the 2nd quarter.
I've also heard many in the media say that they feel least comfortable around baseball players. With guys in other sports, there's more of a connection. They're on the same level. But baseball players think they're superior.

I say no more $20 million a year contracts. No more guaranteed money. Institute a salary cap, drive down player contracts, and make them have to constantly earn their money as opposed to getting it whether they play or not. Then I don't think you'll see as many guys dogging it around the bases, or not giving 110% in the field.

<<
How I would change base ball to make it interesting
>>

I like the idea of planting land mines around the base paths and outfield. And possibly giving a handgun of a type known to be only moderately accurate to a player in each dugout with 1 bullet per inning.

Short of something like that I haven't watched the game in years and am never likely to again. MLB is a totally uncompetitive joke.

<<
How I would change base ball to make it interesting
>>

I like the idea of planting land mines around the base paths and outfield. And possibly giving a handgun of a type known to be only moderately accurate to a player in each dugout with 1 bullet per inning.

Short of something like that I haven't watched the game in years and am never likely to again. MLB is a totally uncompetitive joke.

THough I enjoyed playing ti when I was young, watching it is something I tend to not do unless and until the playoffs... when the games have that certain "something" extra. During the regular season, though, it's like watching televised Competitive Basket Weaving... Yawn

I'm not a baseball fan. I don't go to games so rules changes are not of interest.

I've slept through every game I ever attended, so the only thing that MIGHT work for me would be all nude players or something.

LOL. Move your big roid ass and play or the fans will be issued weapons. Excellent.

They should add side games to it, so that when the batter steps out of the batters box for 10 minutes to adjust his shoelaces there is something relevant happening.

Like the catcher gets one free swing at his balls or something

Get the players to dress in white, have a red ball. The pitcher bowls overarm and the ball bounces before reaching the batter. The batting side has two batters on the field (let's call them, erm, batsmen) and they swap between runs...

I have some other suggested changes as well.

Get the players to dress in white, have a red ball. The pitcher bowls overarm and the ball bounces before reaching the batter. The batting side has two batters on the field (let's call them, erm, batsmen) and they swap between runs...

I have some other suggested changes as well.

Bad dental hygiene for the fans?

Tackle. Baseball. The runner is only out if he can be stopped going around the bases, when not on a base. Tackled in between bases, knee hits the ground, you're out. Make it to the base, you're safe.

Boo-yah.

I like the idea, but don't think we need to go that far initially. How about if we start with making more like Kick Ball? If you hit the runner with the ball, he is out.

I like the idea, but don't think we need to go that far initially. How about if we start with making more like Kick Ball? If you hit the runner with the ball, he is out.

Add your idea to mine.

Naked players getting pegged by baseballs.:thumb:

Back