OT: Mamma Mia - Movie Review

I've seen both. The film version looks better due to the actual Greek locations (as opposed to stage props), but the stage version is better because the performers can actually sing (whereas Glenn Close and Pierce Brosnan, sadly, cannot). Although I did enjoy watching the film actors camp it up. Stage version's a bit better, though.

Funny that they used Greek Locations for this movie. :coffee:

but the stage version is better because the performers can actually sing (whereas Glenn Close and Pierce Brosnan, sadly, cannot).

You do realize Glenn Close is a classically trained stage performer (including singing in multiple shows and such)? The music was well out of Brosnan's range and he fell pretty darn flat for it, but Close did a pretty darn good job imho.

The play isn't bad, if you have a good audience they'll be clapping and signing along.

You do realize Glenn Close is a classically trained stage performer (including singing in multiple shows and such)? The music was well out of Brosnan's range and he fell pretty darn flat for it, but Close did a pretty darn good job imho.

I would discuss this matter further, but I have been advised by the Man Club of America<sup>TM</sup> that if I actually debate Glenn Close's singing ability in a thread about an ABBA musical they will be showing up at my door to de-ball me. :coffee:

Back