OT: Mamma Mia - Movie Review

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
Mrs Lucky asked me to get the DVD of the movie Mamma Mia. And because of all her help during my injury and all the football I have been watching, I agreed to watch it with her. Here is my review:

:Eason:

The gem takes place on some island, I think in Greece. A young woman is getting married but she does know who her father is. Her mother was quite the slut back in the day. The young woman decide to invite 3 men who she has never met but suspect might be her father ( could have been the entire Greek Army with her slut of a mother) to her wedding.

And guess what, these 3 idiots decide to show up.:rolleyes: Now, this is musical so they completely murder one ABBA song after another( worse than ABBA did themselves). The mother slut has 2 old bag (sorry OBF) friends show up and what a treat it is watching these three sing and dance.

But it gets worse. One of the 3 men is played by Pierce Bronson (Bjornson). In one of the greatest miscast in movie history they actually have this lame bastard singing. It was awful.

I give Mamma Mia a :4321:

Next week she wants me to watch The Dutchess with her.:***:

Mrs Lucky asked me to get the DVD of the movie Mamma Mia. And because of all her help during my injury and all the football I have been watching, I agreed to watch it with her. Here is my review:

The gem takes place on some island, I think in Greece. A young woman is getting married but she does know who her father is. Her mother was quite the slut back in the day. The young woman decide to invite 3 men who she has never met but suspect might be her father ( could have been the entire Greek Army with her slut of a mother) to her wedding.

And guess what, these 3 idiots decide to show up.:rolleyes: Now, this is musical so they completely murder one ABBA song after another( worse than ABBA did themselves). The mother slut has 2 old bag (sorry OBF) friends show up and what a treat it is watching these three sing and dance.

But it gets worse. One of the 3 men is played by Pierce Bronson (Bjornson). In one of the greatest miscast in movie history they actually have this lame bastard singing. It was awful.

You crack me up PP. I really looked forward to seeing this based on reviews but I saw it when it came out and I was equally disappointed in it....although I don't think 3 men in a woman's life makes a woman a slut. Still, putting it that way cracked me up. Brosnan and Firth's singing was aweful...I forget the other guy but his voice was not memorable. It soured me on musicals after enjoying Evita and Moulin Rouge.

Did you at least laugh at the ending stage scenes?

Actually, considering none of them (Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters) are professional singers, I didn't think they did too bad.

The scenery was better in the film, for obvious reasons. But the stage version we saw last night had much better singing and dancing, because the people they hire for the stage can actually act AND sing and dance.

And the chicks on stage were hawt, too. :thumb:

Never hearld of it.

A chronicle of thuh life of 18th century aristocrat Georgiana, like, wow, Duchess of Devonshire, like, who was reviled for that chick's extravagant political and personal life. That fox is a vibrant beauty and celebrity of that time. Man, she is like, ya know, trapped in an unhappy triangle with her husband and his live-in mistress. That fox falls passionately in love with an ambitious young politician, fer shure, and thuh affair causes a bitter conflict with that chick's husband and threatens to erupt into a scandal.

Mrs Lucky asked me to get the DVD of the movie Mamma Mia. And because of all her help during my injury and all the football I have been watching, I agreed to watch it with her. It was awful.

you have to learn how to finesse this shite before you are doomed.....doomed I tell you :Lecture:

I DVRd from ComCrapst on-demand the title Mrs. Brown --- a Judi Dench flic about Queen Victoria --- and then p/u a PBS DVD Catherine The Great for The WarDept. to keep her offa my ass most of last Saturday afternoon until we could then watch my choice Memoirs of A Geisha B4 switching to the Bolts blow-out of the Colts :D

that gave me approx 8 hours of pleasurable time w/o the unnecessary hassle of viewin' no chick-programming while still putting in "quality sofa-side-by-each" time :archive:

don't they teach you potato-pickers nothin' Up East theyah?

You know, you could always put an eye patch on your other eye, too, and then you wouldn't have to watch it... win win! :arrr:

After listening to Pierce Bjornson, it's all down hill from there.:thumb:

Besides it has Keira Knightly and another nice looking actress, with a great set, form seeing the previews.

A chronicle of thuh life of 18th century aristocrat Georgiana, like, wow, Duchess of Devonshire, like, who was reviled for that chick's extravagant political and personal life. That fox is a vibrant beauty and celebrity of that time. Man, she is like, ya know, trapped in an unhappy triangle with her husband and his live-in mistress. That fox falls passionately in love with an ambitious young politician, fer shure, and thuh affair causes a bitter conflict with that chick's husband and threatens to erupt into a scandal.

I probally will be Falling asleep a hour into the movie.

Saw that in the movies my sister wanted to see it so me her husband went to see it. the movie was OK a best.

Back