OT - Winter Storm Ajax

sprocketboy

Surrounded by Donkey Fans
Reaction score
This is the first named Winter Storm I've ever had to deal with personally. If the storm is bad enough for them to give it a name, does that usually mean schools, public buildings, and some businesses will be closed the next day?

I bet Peyton is happy he's benched this weekend

img_2662.jpg

Heavy snow near Denver, Colo., on Nov. 17, 2015. The Denver metro area and most of the I-25 corridor in northern Colorado is under a blizzard warning. (Brian Patrick, weather.com)

Right.

I wonder if someone whispered the long range forecast to Kubiak after that fustercluck and he said "No fvcking way!".

Proactive benching.

I think The Weather Channel has a sponsorship deal on "Named Storms" because they are throwing names on sprinkles.

This. It's a conjured up scheme which definately makes ad sales much more marketable. It's a marketing strategy. These people are saying it's not just some anonymous storm somewhere out in the vague mountain region. It MFing Ajax! Run ASAP to the store for milk and cold cuts and canned goods and candles and batteries and batten down the hatches and turn us on and watch us nonstop while we scare the bejeebers out of you. It'll be a blast. Cause we get off on storms like Rex gets off on feetsez.

Cheers, BostonTim

So, let me get this straight ... the Weather Channel is naming these storms in alphabetical order for a fee?

Does that mean if we chip in and pay them enough, the next storm could be named BostonTim?

So, let me get this straight ... the Weather Channel is naming these storms in alphabetical order for a fee?

Does that mean if we chip in and pay them enough, the next storm could be named BostonTim?

Winter Storm Ajax, brought to you by.........Ajax.

Sure. But I'm not payin' my share. It's all up to you and my fans to make this happen. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

I'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I refer to Aias as "Ajax."

This. It's a conjured up scheme which definately makes ad sales much more marketable. It's a marketing strategy. These people are saying it's not just some anonymous storm somewhere out in the vague mountain region. It MFing Ajax! Run ASAP to the store for milk and cold cuts and canned goods and candles and batteries and batten down the hatches and turn us on and watch us nonstop while we scare the bejeebers out of you. It'll be a blast. Cause we get off on storms like Rex gets off on feetsez.

Cheers, BostonTim

Right. The NWS (national weather service) does not name any storm except for Hurricanes and disagrees with naming winter weather storms.

The weather channel is doing this to create more hype and draw more attention to their channel. If you've ever checked their website, they now have lots of trending videos that have nothing to do with weather and put ads on every one of them. It's all about the $$$

That would be the Awesome....imagine a hurricane named Zooey

I will get the tshirt I was blown by...

Back