Parker Released

This guy showed great ability to make the tough contested catch at times. I wear glad they kept him last season.
I was wrong. What a disappointment. Good riddance.

Current Patriots WRs:

Kendrick Bourne
Tyquan Thornton
Juju Smith-Schuster
Demario Douglas
Kayshon Boutee

Well, you know. BB & all that.

Nobody needs me to pile on Bill at this particular time, but that extension of Parker's contract never made a
lick of sense to me. He showed nothing during his time here either before or after to help me understand why
Bill thought that was a good idea.

In a shit storm, everybody gets covered, but Parker wasn't even that impressive at making contested catches -- the
one big trait he was reputed to have. He wore most NFL defenders like a tailored suit. With him, EVERY catch seemed
contested. He seemed like a good guy, from what little he said here, but we have to do better between the white
lines.

Another sensible move by Mayo & Co. It's almost encouraging.

Of all WRs, Parker was last in separation according to Next Gen Stats for the last 5 consecutive years. LAST!!

I'm soooo happy to know he's gone

Nobody needs me to pile on Bill at this particular time, but that extension of Parker's contract never made a
lick of sense to me. He showed nothing during his time here either before or after to help me understand why
Bill thought that was a good idea.

In a shit storm, everybody gets covered, but Parker wasn't even that impressive at making contested catches -- the
one big trait he was reputed to have. He wore most NFL defenders like a tailored suit. With him, EVERY catch seemed
contested. He seemed like a good guy, from what little he said here, but we have to do better between the white
lines.

Another sensible move by Mayo & Co. It's almost encouraging.
At some point, BB started overrating character over talent.

At some point, BB started overrating character over talent.

I don't disagree that was an issues at times with Bill and Kraft, too. I don't want him to get let off the hook. The Hernandez thing might have had
a ripple effect, too.

My theory on Parker was that his body sort of broke down quicker than some guys. He was pretty good at Miami and gave us fits, He seemed much
faster then, but I think he was just too banged up to compete after we acquired him. He tended to get up very slowly after getting tackled and just lost
steps he couldn't afford to lose.

🤷

Back to the drawing board. Things can't get much worse.

Back