Patriots at Panthers 11/18 is going to be one very tough game

I can see that too, especially in the 2nd half. I meant stopping the run, you know, since the Patriots can't seem to do that.

Yeah your post wasn't on my screen until after I posted (and I agree with yours) -- I just saw a bunch of posts on here saying we'd have a lot of trouble running the ball, which I imagine is probably true on paper.

Just have one of those feelings, yaknow?

Yeah your post wasn't on my screen until after I posted (and I agree with yours) -- I just saw a bunch of posts on here saying we'd have a lot of trouble running the ball, which I imagine is probably true on paper.

Just have one of those feelings, yaknow?

Car is #2 in rushing defense with 83 yds/game. Jets are #1 w/ 72.
Car is #4 in passing defense with 201 yds/game wh/ is the same as the Steelers (LOL). The Saints are #3.
Car is #2 in points given up with 12.8/game. KC is #1 w/ 12.1 & we're #6 with 19.4.
(no adjustments for opponent)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

This Car D is for real but if they give up 83 yds/game avg., we should expect at least 100 yds rushing. Similarly, they avg giving up 201 yds passing so I expect Brady & co. should be able to put up 250-275 at least.

FOs stats through yesterday aren't up yet but last wk Car was the 3rd ranked D weighted for opponent. For comparison, the Jets were 5th.

Maybe I've been listening to Belichick and Brady for too damn long, but really it depends on how well we execute.

:archive:

We ran up and down the field on a bad Steelers D and haven't exactly set the world on fire outside of that. Are we all ready to pronouce Brady is Brady after one Brady performance? That everything is all betterer?

I will say that I hate the Charles Johnson/Marcus Cannon matchup. Johnson is another one of those top D linemen that have been shredding us all year. Cannon has been doing fine since he stepped in but this guy is an all-around load.

It seems like we've faced a number of QBs that can run this year and who are better off being contained in the pocket. BB'll be saying that a lot this week, without a doubt.

Man, it's been a long time since anybody had to take that team seriously. It's hard to get used to the idea that they are as good as the stats indicate, because I see them as a bit oversold.

Maybe I've been listening to Belichick and Brady for too damn long, but really it depends on how well we execute.

:archive:

We ran up and down the field on a bad Steelers D and haven't exactly set the world on fire outside of that. Are we all ready to pronouce Brady is Brady after one Brady performance? That everything is all betterer?

I will say that I hate the Charles Johnson/Marcus Cannon matchup. Johnson is another one of those top D linemen that have been shredding us all year. Cannon has been doing fine since he stepped in but this guy is an all-around load.

It seems like we've faced a number of QBs that can run this year and who are better off being contained in the pocket. BB'll be saying that a lot this week, without a doubt.

Man, it's been a long time since anybody had to take that team seriously. It's hard to get used to the idea that they are as good as the stats indicate, because I see them as a bit oversold.
X Factor will be Vereen - against a super strong front 7, expect us to spread it out with a lot of Gronk split wide to exploit matchups. As good as Kuechly is, he's going to be matched up on Vereen a lot in single back sets, then split him wide if they're in anything but dime, run him on isolation draws if they're in light sub packages, especially with the occasional Gronk wham block coming in motion. Expect to see a lot of "split the back wide" bubble screens as well when they get into dime packages. I expect a LOT of up tempo offense trying to create matchup issues when we catch their base D on the field.

NE has to have a quick start, and force Newton to beat them. Panthers have allowed only 12 points in the first Q so far this season.

I agree with NostraThomas; NE by at least 10.

Oh, brother, people are scared of those bums? Cam Newton can't throw the ball more than 10 yards. The Panthers will probably run for a lot, but what will that get them? Maybe 14-20 points. The Patriots will shred them through the air.

Oh, brother, people are scared of those bums? Cam Newton can't throw the ball more than 10 yards. The Panthers will probably run for a lot, but what will that get them? Maybe 14-20 points. The Patriots will shred them through the air.

Bums? Newton can't throw the ball more than 10 yards? smh

Nobody has shredded them this entire year. I am not that back as far as our passing game is concerned.

I'm not scared one bit and I expect us to toast the hell out of their secondary. With Talib on Smith and Newtons inaccuracy, just need to fear the option & running game.

I'm not scared one bit and I expect us to toast the hell out of their secondary. With Talib on Smith and Newtons inaccuracy, just need to fear the option & running game.

Brady and Belichick would love a dose of your optimism. Something tells me the team thinks it will be more difficult than you think.

The Panthers will get their 180 yards on the ground and get a few sacks, but it won't matter. Patriots roll 34-17.

Brady and Belichick would love a dose of your optimism. Something tells me the team thinks it will be more difficult than you think.

I don't think we'll ever know whether our team is optimistic before a game.
If the boys have had some good practices, I think they'll like their chances alright, though.

Have yesterday's "NFL Countdown" on right now and they are showing a graphic that Newton's comp% is (before yesterday's game) 76.5 to the left side of the field with 5 td and 0 int, 61.5% to the middle and 56.4 to the right.
Sure would be nice to have Talib back to just lock that side of the field down.

Kaepernick didn't complete a pass on any of the 10 times he was pressured yesterday. 2 incompletions, 1 INT, 1 scramble, and 6 sacks. Brady won't crumble like that.

Defense & Running game need to come up big again. Maybe they should have Collins spy Newton. He is there fastest LB.

Defense & Running game need to come up big again. Maybe they should have Collins spy Newton. He is there fastest LB.

We might have to pass in this one, not sure we are going to run well.

O-line is going against another good pass rush. They have struggled big time keeping pressure off brady. When there not having success running the ball.

O-line is going against another good pass rush. They have struggled big time keeping pressure off brady. When there not having success running the ball.

True, but they are giving up 82 yards a game rushing, against the pass they are giving up as much as the Steelers. If we go in there beating out heads against the wall and leaving 3rd and longs, we are not going to have a QB after the game.

Which Pats offense shows up is the #1 key in this game. If it's the one that played in the Steelers game then all will be good to go. If not, it's a probable loss.

Which Pats offense shows up is the #1 key in this game. If it's the one that played in the Steelers game then all will be good to go. If not, it's a probable loss.

We won 6 games without that offense.

Back