Patriots fans are...?

I can get with Steelers, Cowboys. They have to be the undisputed top 2. The next group gets a bit tricky. The Pats have had maybe one of the best runs of all time. But prior to the TB and BB era there wasn't much. One SB appearance. But they are certainly have to be considered in the top 5. The 49ers were magical in the 80's and most of the 90's but mediocre the rest of their history. Broncos have had Super bowl runs in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. Something like 8 appearances. That's tied with the Cowboys and the Steelers. So they should be in the conversation. Packers and Giants both with 5 appearances and 4 wins. They both can be in the conversation.

That's 5 teams fighting for the remaining top 3 spots. Again, an argument can be made for all 5.

Again just my opinion.

Not true, it was 2, 1985 against the Bears and 1997 against the Packers.

My top 5 would be Green Bay, Dallas, Pittsburgh, 49'ers and Patriots.

I can get with Steelers, Cowboys. They have to be the undisputed top 2. The next group gets a bit tricky. The Pats have had maybe one of the best runs of all time. But prior to the TB and BB era there wasn't much. One SB appearance. But they are certainly have to be considered in the top 5. The 49ers were magical in the 80's and most of the 90's but mediocre the rest of their history. Broncos have had Super bowl runs in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. Something like 8 appearances. That's tied with the Cowboys and the Steelers. So they should be in the conversation. Packers and Giants both with 5 appearances and 4 wins. They both can be in the conversation.

That's 5 teams fighting for the remaining top 3 spots. Again, an argument can be made for all 5.

Again just my opinion.

How do you not know this number?

The Pats have played in 8 Super Bowls and won 4. In the 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's.

They have played in 11 AFCCG winning 8.

You were saying....?

How do you not know this number? How do I know this number? I found it on one of those internet machine things.
The Pats have played in 8 Super Bowls and won 4. In the 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's. 6 of the 8 SB appearances during the TB and BB era. I made a horrible mistake forgetting the '97 SB. And have apologized many times for it. The 4 SB wins were all during the TB BB era.

They have played in 11 AFCCG winning 8. Of the 11 AFCCGs I believe 9 were played in the TB and BB era.

You were saying....?
So with the exception of the TWO Super bowls played in '86 and 97' tand the TB BB era,the Pats have been good not great.

"Recent success" is such a lazy argument. Let's look at 25 years. 25 years represents just over 25% of the league's history, 50% of the "modern era", and 46% of the franchise's history.

25 years:

283-151 (.652)
25-13 of that in the postseason (.658)
4 Super Bowls
7 Super Bowl appearances
15 (16 in about 6 days) Division Titles

That's an awful lot of "recent success."

"Recent success" is such a lazy argument. Let's look at 25 years. 25 years represents just over 25% of the league's history, 50% of the "modern era", and 46% of the franchise's history.

25 years:

283-151 (.652)
25-13 of that in the postseason (.658)
4 Super Bowls
7 Super Bowl appearances
15 (16 in about 6 days) Division Titles

That's an awful lot of "recent success."

The usage of "recent success" was a word err I mean 2 words I used to talk about the TB and BB era. You are correct. 25% is almost 1/4 of the teams existence, and therefore not exactly "recent". But you get the point.

The usage of "recent success" was a word I used to talk about the TB and BB era. You are correct. 25% is almost 1/4 of the teams existence, and therefore not exactly "recent". But you get the point.

So 16 years? Basically the entire length of the 49ers glory years? Still stupid.

So 16 years? Basically the entire length of the 49ers glory years? Still stupid.

Hints the reason I would never put the 49ers ahead of the Pats. Or Denver for that matter. I only put them in the 2nd tier. You must admit, their 2 decades were something.

Hints the reason I would never put the 49ers ahead of the Pats. Or Denver for that matter. I only put them in the 2nd tier. You must admit, their 2 decades were something.

Since 1960 (when the Patriots were founded) the Steelers and Cowboys each have a whopping 2 fewer losing seasons than the Pats.

#RecentSuccess

But you get the point.

Not me. Unless of course the whole purpose of the post was to casually throw in the "recent" so as to imply the comparison of the Donks, whom for some unfathomable reason you view as old royalty, to those nouveau pretenders from the City of New England. :coffee:

Not me. Unless of course the whole purpose of the post was to casually throw in the "recent" so as to imply the comparison of the Donks, whom for some unfathomable reason you view as old royalty, to those nouveau pretenders from the City of New England. :coffee:

See my previous post. I think the Cowboys and Steelers are #1 and #2 respectfully. The next 3 to round out the top 5 can be made up of say the Pats, Broncos, Packers, Giants and the 49ers. An argument could be made for all.

And more SB rings. I believe the Cowboys were founded in 60 too?

That's correct. Dallas has one more ring than the Pats, for the next 55 days. Pittsburgh has just under 14 more months of a ring advantage.

Denver, however, will continue their stranglehold on most Super Bowl losses, most points against, and most embarrassing loss. :toast:

Denver, however, will continue their stranglehold on most Super Bowl losses, most points against, and most embarrassing loss. :toast:
Which loss is the most embarrassing?

The one against Washington, where Doug Williams threw four TDs in one quarter and Timmy Smith looked like Jim Brown,

or

The more recent game against Seattle, where the Seahawks knew they had the game in the bag after about 12 seconds of elapsed game time?

That's correct. Dallas has one more ring than the Pats, for the next 55 days. Pittsburgh has just under 14 more months of a ring advantage.

That's news to me. most Super Bowl losses? Are you sure? And most embarrassing losses? Who knew?

The one against Washington, where Doug Williams threw four TDs in one quarter and Timmy Smith looked like Jim Brown,

or

The more recent game against Seattle, where the Seahawks knew they had the game in the bag after about 1 minute of elapsed game time?

I would go with the 55-10 loss to San Francisco. Woof.

or

The more recent game against Seattle, where the Seahawks knew they had the game in the bag after about 1 minute of elapsed game time?

I think it was closer to 30 seconds!:toast:

Back