Patriots Free Agency 2018

DeflateThis

Reaction score
Legal tampering starts today.

I'm hoping we are able to sign a couple of "day 3" veterans to strenghten our front 7.

Nate Solder is a guy to follow. I'm expecting him to either retire or to stay in NE, but the LT market is thin, so it is not out of the question for a team to throw some big money at him. He is a fairly average player, so no disaster if he leaves, but if he do LT will be a position to fill early in the draft.

Lewis and Edelman are obvious players I don't want to see signing with other teams. Fingers crossed.

Let the rumors fly.

Lewis will probably be offered more than BB is willing to give. I'm afraid he's gone.

Solder's roots with his child's chemotherapy are here and that's a big pull. I think he plays here or doesn't play.

BB has been trading draft picks for veteran players quite a bit lately. Here's a good article that says he and Roseman of the Eagles are ahead of the rest.

The 2 teams who played in the SB, the Pats and the Eagles, are the 2 teams who have taken the most advantage of trading picks for veterans.

The Rams and 9ers are just beginning.

It works.

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-...-inefficiency/

From Mike Reiss...poss FA for the Pats

The Patriots hope to have receiver Danny Amendola return in 2018, but as is usually the case with all of their free agents, it seems fair to say they won’t stray too far from their financial discipline in determining the price they feel best fits his role. The Patriots have had Amendola as a No. 3/4 option in recent years when everyone is healthy, carefully managing his workload so he’s at his best down the home stretch and into the playoffs, when his clutch play often shines. What could potentially be developing after Amendola’s impressive 2017 season, when other receivers were out with injuries, is that another team views him more as a pure No. 3, with an expanded role in mind, and might be willing to pay him at that higher level. With the business side of the game on his mind, it could be a harder-than-anticipated decision for the 32-year-old Amendola to make on his future.4a. Here is one sleeper free agent I am keeping an eye on for the Patriots: Titans off-the-line linebacker Avery Williamson (6-foot-1, 246 pounds). He’s the right age (26), has been durable and productive, runs well, is considered a high-character leader and would fill arguably the team’s biggest need, even though he is viewed by some as being a bit better against the run than the pass. It would be a surprise if the Patriots make a big splash in free agency, but if they can land a player such as Williamson or former Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro, I think it could really help them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...-for-elite-traits-like-the-danny-shelton-deal

I can see us signing someone like Trent Murphy if the price is right. Former 2nd round pick, 9 sacks in 2016, injured in 2017.

Ndamukong Suh will be available as a FA soon. :coffee:

DYGdJRbUMAATgqf.jpg

From Mike Reiss...poss FA for the Pats

The Patriots hope to have receiver Danny Amendola return in 2018, but as is usually the case with all of their free agents, it seems fair to say they won’t stray too far from their financial discipline in determining the price they feel best fits his role. The Patriots have had Amendola as a No. 3/4 option in recent years when everyone is healthy, carefully managing his workload so he’s at his best down the home stretch and into the playoffs, when his clutch play often shines. What could potentially be developing after Amendola’s impressive 2017 season, when other receivers were out with injuries, is that another team views him more as a pure No. 3, with an expanded role in mind, and might be willing to pay him at that higher level. With the business side of the game on his mind, it could be a harder-than-anticipated decision for the 32-year-old Amendola to make on his future.4a. Here is one sleeper free agent I am keeping an eye on for the Patriots: Titans off-the-line linebacker Avery Williamson (6-foot-1, 246 pounds). He’s the right age (26), has been durable and productive, runs well, is considered a high-character leader and would fill arguably the team’s biggest need, even though he is viewed by some as being a bit better against the run than the pass. It would be a surprise if the Patriots make a big splash in free agency, but if they can land a player such as Williamson or former Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro, I think it could really help them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...-for-elite-traits-like-the-danny-shelton-deal
The other consideration for DA is that his mom has been and remains in an assisted living facility here in Stoughton, and all of his relatives on his mother's side are in RI. I think he would remain here at whatever price if he intends to continue playing.

The Ravens have released Danny Woodhead.

Highest Average Annual Value - Current OL Contracts:
G Andrew Norwell $13.3M
OT Russell Okung $13.25M
OT Trent Williams $13.2M

What would you pay Solder?

I think $12.5-13M/ for 2 yrs w/ $14M guaranteed and a team option for the 2nd year would be fair.

Highest Average Annual Value - Current OL Contracts:
G Andrew Norwell $13.3M
OT Russell Okung $13.25M
OT Trent Williams $13.2M

What would you pay Solder?

I think $12.5-13M/ for 2 yrs w/ $14M guaranteed and a team option for the 2nd year would be fair.

I REALLY wish these guys on the fence would step up and help the team.

I’m getting really tired of Gronk & Solder right about now.

No clue who this guy is but very interesting...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's what else I was told about Danny Amendola - <br><br>The Patriots would not budge with Amendola's request for more money because get this....<br><br>They are trying to sign Ndamukong Suh.</p>— Matthew Cannata (@PhinsiderRadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/PhinsiderRadio/status/973625729660440576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Packers are releasing Jordy Nelson. He's interesting.

Meh...if they didn't want to keep Amendola, I can't imagine they're going to pay the money that Nelson is going to get.

No clue who this guy is but very interesting...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's what else I was told about Danny Amendola - <br><br>The Patriots would not budge with Amendola's request for more money because get this....<br><br>They are trying to sign Ndamukong Suh.</p>— Matthew Cannata (@PhinsiderRadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/PhinsiderRadio/status/973625729660440576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Meh...if they didn't want to keep Amendola, I can't imagine they're going to pay the money that Nelson is going to get.

The guy that tweeted that is a Miami sports radio guy.

Yeah, I just realized that Jordy is 32 yrs old, same age as DA. Green Bay just cleared $10 mil by cutting him.

Back