Patriots Free Agency 2023

I wouldn't mind this. He can be our WR1 bandaid again. He played well his year here.
Poor production last year so this could be a cheap prove-it deal. The Raiders have $15M higher cap space than we do.

View: https://twitter.com/Djbienaime/status/1635343354383958016

He had 34 catches over the last 2 years. I doubt that he woud be more than camp fodder or WR5. I wouldn't mind if he was a depth signing, but he is ill suited to be a WR1, even as a one year stop gap.

He had 34 catches over the last 2 years. I doubt he woud be more than camp fodder or WR5 at best. I wouldn't mind if he was a depth signing, but he is ill suited to be a WR1, even as a one year stop gap.
At this point, I'd like him in more of a mentor role with the younger receiver room, if he were to come here.

Chiefs OL Andrew Wylie to the Commies. I thought he might be a classic solid, versatile Belichick signing. Ah well.

I'd like to see the Pats bring Elumenor back for maybe $6MM/per as a safety valve. McGary is the remaining guy I really want to bring in, but he's going to be very expensive, relatively. Bringing someone at least colorable as a starter means you're not boxed in on draft day, and can let it come to you.

My top FA for the Pats if the price is right.

Orlando Brown, LT, age 27
Jessie Bates, FS, age 26
Daron Payne, DT, age 26
Jamel Dean, CB, age 26
Jakobi Meyers, WR, age 26
Tremaine Edmunds, MLB, age 25
Damien Harris, RB, age 26

Is Orlando Brown signed yet?

Bates, Payne, Dean, Edmunds all gone. Wouldn’t have paid what these players got except for Dean.
Jamel Dean for $13M/yr was a good deal for an extremely good CB1 player.

Team hasn’t filled any holes yet.
Still need OT, CB1, FS, MLB

If Shaq Mason is available then get him, slide Onwenu to RT, and roll with Trent Brown again at LT assuming Klemm is a good OLine coach

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Pats bring Elumenor back for maybe $6MM/per as a safety valve. McGary is the remaining guy I really want to bring in, but he's going to be very expensive, relatively. Bringing someone at least colorable as a starter means you're not boxed in on draft day, and can let it come to you.

that’s way too much for a backup lineman though. and wouldn’t start him over the guy who played the end of the season at RT, they’re very similar (swing tackle types)

Back