Patriot's HOF Nominees 2020

So, he took over a 2-14 team that had won a total of 9 games in their last 3 years. They were the consensus worst team in football and the roster had about 8 guys on it that were legit NFL players. You'd be hard-pressed to find a team that was worse in modern NFL history.

Considering that it takes a minimum of two years to rebuild a team from the ground (or sub-basement) up I think it was pretty damn remarkable that Parcells took us to a 10-6 season and a playoff berth in that 2nd year.

.500 is actually a very good record over 4 years considering the roster he inherited and the one that he left for Pete Carroll. Night and day.

Everything you said is true. The way he left and his evil doings towards the Patriots once he left, along with his career win percentage with and without BB sways me to say "no" for the Pats HOF. Seymour gets my vote.

It all comes down to how Kraft feels. If he deems Tuna ineligible then just come out with a well prepared statement explaining that and have his name removed. If he is eligible then I think it’s his time. He predates both. He’s long in the tooth. His faculties certainly seem to be waning. Do it before you have to do it post-humanously.

Everything you said is true. The way he left and his evil doings towards the Patriots once he left, along with his career win percentage with and without BB sways me to say "no" for the Pats HOF. Seymour gets my vote.

I understand that a majority of Patriots fans that were actually around for his time here can't get past the bitter end/border war and won't ever change their minds. So it goes, but Parcells won't cry himself to sleep over any of it.

One thing 31 years of marriage has taught me is that feelings matter.

Seymour was a fine player and he'll make an OK addition to our hall.

The Pats will announce this year's inductee into the team's Hall of Fame this morning at 10 am

He "allowed it" because he had no other option. I mean Belichick resigned the second he was appointed Jets' HC. It also wasn't out of kindness of his own heart. Pats had to fork over a first round pick in order to keep Belichick.

He easily could have held Belichick in limbo until the Patriots chose a new coach. The fact he isn't already in the Pats HOF is embarrassing.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Parcells was 32-32 for the Pats in the regular season and 2-2 in the postseason. Pats HOF? Not mine.

His total career winning percentage is 0.569.

His total career winning percentage without BB is 0.460.

Took over a "franchise" that was 2-14 when he got here. Won 6 (including last 4 games of the season in his first year), won 7 in a row to finish the season his second year, earning the Patriots their first trip to the playoffs in a decade. He got them to the Super Bowl two years after that.

The "he was a .500 coach" argument is LUDICROUS and those who use it should know better. He literally built it from the ground up. The "butt hurt" over the Jets thing is played and fans need to let it go.

Seymour deserves this! Congratulations to Pats' fans who saw that and voted him in.

Seymour it is.

Not Parcells again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Parcells will only get in when the veteran's committee votes him in. He will never get in by a fan vote.

I can't disagree with Seymour, but it is pathetic Parcells isn't in. You simply cannot tell the story of the NE Patriots history without Bill Parcells. All personal feelings aside, he deserves to be in there. Maybe next year.

(I'm just glad the overrated try-hard Mike Vrabel didn't get in)

Seymour was a beast, and very consistent. 3 Cheers for Richard Seymour! He made Big plays. And he was a great draft pick.

VW is coming up next year and is a shoe-in, imo. Parcells, who received fewer votes than Seymour or Vrabel from the Pats HOF selection committee to be included for 2019, will have to continue to wait.

VW is coming up next year and is a shoe-in, imo. Parcells, who received fewer votes than Seymour or Vrabel from the Pats HOF selection committee to be included for 2019, will have to continue to wait.

Oh yeah. Vince will be the runaway fav.

It won't even be close, Big Vince is a guarantee. Parcells will have to wait for the veterans committee.

Back