Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trade for some backup the team likes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade for Matthews/Murray/Lynch

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Don't do anything, BB will find someone off the scrap heap

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
I think we should bulk James White up and make him a fullback next year.

I figure about 50 pounds should do it. He shouldn't lose any speed and at his height he should have plenty of leverage.

Yeah, we know you don't like Blount. You've said it in just about every thread on the board.

I haven't been a big fan of Blount this year, to be sure - but he was fine yesterday. 13 for 54 is like 4.5 ypc. That's got to be one of his best numbers of the year.

They quit running after halftime because, reasons. I dunno. Yesterday was the day to give Blount the ball 30 times. And they didn't, because, I dunno, rugby onside kicks and other nonsense.

we will get Develin back next year. Looking too far ahead will get you stomped in the middle of the game by the Iggles

I haven't been a big fan of Blount this year, to be sure - but he was fine yesterday. 13 for 54 is like 4.5 ypc. That's got to be one of his best numbers of the year.

They quit running after halftime because, reasons. I dunno. Yesterday was the day to give Blount the ball 30 times. And they didn't, because, I dunno, rugby onside kicks and other nonsense.

Agreed completely. It was foolish to change up.

We are not blessed to have everything. We have a great QB.(Brady) A great TE. (Gronk)Had a great WR.(Moss) Had a great RB. (Dillon) But not all at the same time. It's the only thing that we miss unlike the two dynasties before us. We would be blessed to have a RB to keep the pressure off Brady as he sets off to the sunset in the upcoming years

This is a weird thread after yesterday's game.

I thought the Patriots were running the ball quite well until they completely scrapped it after halftime. Tied at 14, we may as well have been down 100.

To the question, if you can get Alex Collins from Arkansas, you get him, because I think he's going to be a special back. If not, you find a guy day 3 that can do one thing well.

You draft a guy though. Blount's not going to be re-signed. Scrap heap guys are scrap heap guys for a reason, usually.

It's a need. Even if every back were completely healthy, there would only be 5 RBs (including Gaffney, who hasn't played in 2 years now) possibly active on the roster.

You could be right about Blount but I thought, like you, he ran well until the game plan changed when we began playing from behind. Once the game plan went out the window White was first on the field. Of plays with RBs in the RZ, White was in on 7 & Bolden and Blount were in on 1 each.
White was the only RB who played in the 4th quarter.

IDK if White was favored to add speed and quickness or bc of Philly's prevent type D or bc of his 'quick strike' ability compared to Blount and Bolden. Either way it's obvious that Blount is used when we're even up or ahead in the score and his role (not him necessarily) is still important for a balanced offense and White came in when we need to make up points quickly.

You could be right about Blount but I thought, like you, he ran well until the game plan changed when we began playing from behind. Once the game plan went out the window White was first on the field. Of plays with RBs in the RZ, White was in on 7 & Bolden and Blount were in on 1 each.
White was the only RB who played in the 4th quarter.

IDK if White was favored to add speed and quickness or bc of Philly's prevent type D or bc of his 'quick strike' ability compared to Blount and Bolden. Either way it's obvious that Blount is used when we're even up or ahead in the score and his role (not him necessarily) is still important for a balanced offense and White came in when we need to make up points quickly.

Which is fine when you're down 21. Not when you're up 7, or down 7.

It sort of scares me how the coaching staff reacts when they get down 7 or 10 in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, lately. Offense is pass-only, and take all the deep shots ever, and defense goes into passive mode and stops blitzing.

It sort of scares me how the coaching staff reacts when they get down 7 or 10 in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, lately. Offense is pass-only, and take all the deep shots ever, and defense goes into passive mode and stops blitzing.

All those deep passes are outside the numbers and they are to make the defense play the entire field instead of just inside the numbers. But, yeah, a couple of plays is all that should be needed to achieve that goal unless the D perceives it to be a hollow threat which Philly obviously did.

LaFell isn't fast enough. Martin is fast enough but doesn't have chemistry with Brady yet. Not a strength for sure.

I think that's just due to personnel. We saw it in that 2011-2013 era where Belichick just had the defense play extremely conservatively; and 2013 offense. Our offense and defense was aggressive when they were healthy and the coaching staff could trust them to be aggressive. Once Hightower, Collins, Edelman and Gronk are back, I think we'll see the playbook opened up again.

I'm all for the RBs going forward. The dancing around and losing yardage has got to stop.

Back