Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade for Matthews/Murray/Lynch

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Don't do anything, BB will find someone off the scrap heap

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

tonyto36

Reaction score
So with Mr. Bailout on IR with an ACL and the team without any idea of how he will return, what do we do about the RB going forward? Draft pick? Free agency? Pray White becomes a runner? Or just hope Blount learns how to play football? Schematic changes?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/running-back/

Going into the season there were rumors the Patriots were all in on CJ Spiller and got burned by him last second; which would make sense, because regardless of what some people thought, going into the season with Cadet and White + Blount as our top running backs was just a horrible idea. We happened to temporarily strike gold with Lewis but given his size and workload we knew he was going to get hurt or dinged up at some point.

So what would you like the team to do for both this season and next year?

Is the new guy that they just picked up any good?

Next year is next year...not this year.

No one you pick up at this time of year is going to do very well. Even if somehow someone worthwhile slips through the cracks, they've missed so much time and don't have those reps with the team, they're not going to make much of an impact signed off the street.

Maybe if the interior Oline could run block we wouldn't have to worry about it.

Maybe if the interior Oline could run block we wouldn't have to worry about it.

this blount as slow as he is still finishes his runs, just give him a seam and he is good for 4yards plus...continue to make him avoid tacklers on the way to the LOS and he will continue to be ineffective.

whoops misread the pole..next year is next year but i would not run around with my hair on fire trying to find a rb...

We don't need to do anything about RB and since your talking about next year, we have Lewis so I don't see a real need for a RB.

"...because regardless of what some people thought, going into the season with Cadet and White + Blount as our top running backs was just a horrible idea."

Another Week 13 soothsayer.

Viable RBs can be had without even drafting.

Just off the top of my head we have Lewis. Rawls looks identical to Lynch and was UDFA.

I'd say it's the position where very late to undrafted hits more than any other.

Save the resource.

We're already down the 1st for Bobby biting the pillow.

BB will do what he always does...he'll sign a couple of has-been gray beards like he did with Fred and Sammy (2010) in free agency. Heck, maybe he'll sign a newbie udfa but I don't think he'll draft a RB highly.

BB will do what he always does...he'll sign a couple of has-been gray beards like he did with Fred and Sammy (2010) in free agency. Heck, maybe he'll sign a newbie udfa but I don't think he'll draft a RB highly.

Taylor was solid and then got hurt because he was old. Sammy was just a decent backup.

As much as we all want to believe that you can find someone off the scrap heap, it really hurts when we miss and don't have a decent running back. Pass catching backs you can get by with the James Whites of the world, but I don't think it's ever going to be consistently sustainable with a below average guy like Blount at RB. He's big back who sucks in short yardage and takes 5 yards of open space to gain momentum.

This is a weird thread after yesterday's game.

I thought the Patriots were running the ball quite well until they completely scrapped it after halftime. Tied at 14, we may as well have been down 100.

To the question, if you can get Alex Collins from Arkansas, you get him, because I think he's going to be a special back. If not, you find a guy day 3 that can do one thing well.

You draft a guy though. Blount's not going to be re-signed. Scrap heap guys are scrap heap guys for a reason, usually.

It's a need. Even if every back were completely healthy, there would only be 5 RBs (including Gaffney, who hasn't played in 2 years now) possibly active on the roster.

I think it will hurt more to expend a draft pick on an RB and have him hurt or suck and the odds are just about the same as far as I can see.

Or maybe I just remember taking RBs in the first 2 rounds in the dark years and never hitting. Reggie Dupard still haunts my nightmares.

I think it will hurt more to expend a draft pick on an RB and have him hurt or suck and the odds are just about the same as far as I can see.

Or maybe I just remember taking RBs in the first 2 rounds in the dark years and never hitting. Reggie Dupard still haunts my nightmares.

Well it's different taking one in the first round. I'm not advocating that.

Taylor was solid and then got hurt because he was old. Sammy was just a decent backup.

As much as we all want to believe that you can find someone off the scrap heap, it really hurts when we miss and don't have a decent running back. Pass catching backs you can get by with the James Whites of the world, but I don't think it's ever going to be consistently sustainable with a below average guy like Blount at RB. He's big back who sucks in short yardage and takes 5 yards of open space to gain momentum.

Yeah, we know you don't like Blount. You've said it in just about every thread on the board.

Back