Patriots sign Bo Scaife, release three others

Pats24

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted. Talk about a crop of TE's on the roster. My memory of Scaife is that he's a pretty talented guy with some size.

The Patriots have announced the signing of free agent tight end Bo Scaife.
The team worked out the six-year tight end two weeks ago. He comes to the Patriots after spending his entire career with the Tennessee Titans. He has 251 career receptions and 2,383 yards receiving as well as 12 career touchdowns.

The Patriots also cut DL Markell Carter, TE Nick Mellilo and OL Jon Opperud.

The team now has six tight ends on the roster, including Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brad Herman, Daniel Fells and Alex Silvestro, who doubles as a defensive lineman.

TE Herman was hurt today. A lot of them are camp fodder since Gronk and Fells have not been in practice.

Love this move. Last year when we lost hernandez for bits and when he was recovering, we were slowed. Then the Gronk injury...BB is making sure we can run our O despite injuries. Throw in Lloyd / gaffney and we are going to be scary

Love this move. Last year when we lost hernandez for bits and when he was recovering, we were slowed. Then the Gronk injury...BB is making sure we can run our O despite injuries. Throw in Lloyd / gaffney and we are going to be scary

Scaife is most likely a camp body. I agree with your thought, but Fells is the guy I would substitute in there.

Scaife is most likely a camp body. I agree with your thought, but Fells is the guy I would substitute in there.

Scaife lasted 11 days as a Patriot. He must have had some very convincing performances in a negative way.

Back