Patriots Sign Cam

SkiptoMyLou

Thank you, coach!
Reaction score
Totally unexpected. Not sure what to think of it. I still hope Stidham is the guy and Newton is just insurance.

Edit: Apparently I don't know how to embed tweets, but it's posted on the NFL website, so safe to say it's official.

Wow, I really did not expect this. I'm interested to see what he brings to the table after being out for most of last season.

Personally, I like the signing, he’s still a quality QB with starting experience and under BB’s guidance maybe he won’t be so reckless should he get a chance to play. Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One year prove-it deal, so worst thing that can happen is that Stidham sits another year and gets to wait what Garoppolo waited basically.

Well, unless Cam has a great year, that is.

Well, we'll see what happens. I'm skeptical. I'd rather see the kid play.

Love it, put it on the pile.

Typical Belichick 'All Upside' deal.

Plus side: Former MVP, does a lot with a little, just turned 31, knows the offense.
Minus side: Injuries, Headscarves.

There is way too much Auburn in the QB Room, potentially. :coffee:

https://www.nfl.com/news/it-s-official-cam-newton-signs-1-year-deal-to-join-patriots
I don't like it at all.

Former MVP QB Cam Newton signs 1-year deal to join Patriots

Jelani Scott
NFL.COM DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER

Cam Newton has been without a NFL home since March. That finally changed Sunday night.

The former NFL MVP has agreed to a one-year deal to join coach Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Rapoport added that the deal, which both sides have quietly worked on recently, is worth up to $7.5 million, according to an informed source.

Around the NFL will have more on this shortly.

I guess the shine wore off Stidham pretty quick. Don't really like it, seem a bit desperate. I do not think Cam came here to sit, and what was the point of signing Hoyer?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Love it, put it on the pile.

Typical Belichick 'All Upside' deal.

Plus side: Former MVP, does a lot with a little, just turned 31, knows the offense.
Minus side: Injuries, Headscarves.

There is way too much Auburn in the QB Room, potentially. :coffee:

Injury prone and inaccurate but at least he is a head case. In his prime he did not have it in him to win much, wouldnt dive on a fumble in a freaking superbowl.

Good move! I'm happy for the Patriots. They signed a veteran winning quarterback. They're back in the groove!

Good move! I'm happy for the Patriots. They signed a veteran winning quarterback. They're back in the groove!

Winning Qb? What has he won in the last 5 years? Seriously why not just play Stidham? Its not like we are a Qb away from glory and frankly Cam would not be the one to take us to glory anyway. He cant stay healthy, he is not accurate, and he is a head case. No matter the money I dont get the signing. Is this a PR move?

Winning Qb? What has he won in the last 5 years? Seriously why not just play Stidham? Its not like we are a Qb away from glory and frankly Cam would not be the one to take us to glory anyway. He cant stay healthy, he is not accurate, and he is a head case. No matter the money I dont get the signing. Is this a PR move?

Brady didn't want to be here anymore, and he's never coming back.

Brady didn't want to be here anymore, and he's never coming back.

Which has nothing to do with Cam Newton. Never thought I would see this team go get a injury prone, head case, inaccurate Qb. Seems odd. Make sure you try and stay on topic. The thing
to do is start Stidham, but not sure this move is pointing in that direction, its not as though Cam is a good QB mentor.

Why not use both? Lol BB could have the first dual QB system. Damn I’d really be eating crow......

I still would rather have Brady here.

Why not use both? Lol BB could have the first dual QB system. Damn I’d really be eating crow......

I still would rather have Brady here.

Brady was not going to play for an incentive-laden prove-it contract that maxes out at 7 million.

He was pretty good a few years ago...not sure if he is anymore. But, league minimum? That's dumb not to sign him for that.

Hopefully he found his heart. :coffee:

Back